Reply Debate and Discussion
Ye Shall Be As Gods is heresy.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jedediah Smith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:50 am
Benny Hinn, Paul Crouch (owner of TBN), Joyce Meyer, Earl Paulk, Creflo Dollar, Charles Capps, Robert Tilton, Kenneth Copeland and Kenneth E. Hagin are among the leading televangelists who espouse the "little gods" teaching.

Benny Hinn, (Praise-a-Thon TBN, recorded November 1990)
Say after me, "within me, is a God man." Say it again, "within me, is a God man!" Now let's say it even better than that, let's say "I am a God man." When you say I am a Christian, you're saying I am Messhia, in the Hebrew, I am a little Messiah walking on the earth in other words. The new creation is just like God. May I say it like this, you are a little god on earth running around.

Paul Crouch (Praise the Lord, TBN July 7, 1986)
"He [God] doesn't even draw a distinction between Himself and us. . . . You know what else that's settled, then, tonight? This hue and cry and controversy that has been spawned by the Devil to try and bring dissension within the body of Christ that we are gods. I am a little god! . . . I have His name. I'm one with Him. I'm in covenant relation. I am a little god! Critics, be gone!"

Earl Paulk (Satan Unmasked)
"Adam and Eve were placed in the world as the seed and expression of God. Just as dogs have puppies and cats have kittens, so God has little gods. We have trouble comprehend that we are little gods and we begin to act like gods, we cannot manifest the Kingdom of God."

Kenneth Copeland
"You don't have a god in you. You are one!" (The Force of Love, tape BCC-56)
"Dogs begat dogs, and cats begat cats, and God begats gods. You are little gods." (Praise the Lord, TBN)

We all can see that what their saying is that we are "little Gods." This is a lie since the serpent lied to Adam and Eve, which made the fall of mankind. I can point out one passage that will make their heresy teaching a lie, Isaiah 45:5, "Besides Me there is no God." Thats clear as a bell! This teaching is very popular among the Word of Faith teachers you usually see on television. Be careful what you hear on television even if they are Christian people be on your guard! BTW, the Mormons (latter-day saints) preach this heresy also.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:41 am
Man was created in the Image of God, not as imitations of God.

They seem to get this confused.  

ioioouiouiouio

rockmanx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:22 pm
I neither say yes or no about these quotes with out hearing the whole message. I do know some people teach that we are to become gods, but I also know that people take one little thing someone says and twist it around. I've seen this done with some preachers read from John 10:30.  
Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games