Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
hmmm Girl scout cookies

Quick Reply

Submit

Did you read either article?
  Yes, I support the girl scouts
  Yes, I support this boycott
  No, I don't need to read things on the christian post, it's hogwash.
  No, I don't want to read about transgender rights.
  mmmmm girl scout cookies are good.
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm
Well, that's not the point that I was going to bring up, but, I do like those samoa cookies, the chocolate caramel and coconut ones. and the thin mints aren't that bad either.

Anyways, I can't really decide how I should be responding to this.
On the one hand, I'm angry at the people who think that boycotting the cookies is going to help (when all it's doing is taking money away from the program.) on the other hand, I feel like maybe I should buy extra cookies this year because I love their cookies and support things outside of the hetero normative society that we continue to live in. (I'm probably going to be doing both)

What I read first and what I read second.
Considering this has been posted on the Christian post website, and the Gay voices website, I'm getting two biased points of view on this. (not that I'm going to be pointing blame at either for their biased opinions, I think I'd rather keep this on a moral human standpoint than anything else.

I'm going to say that as I personally stand that transgender have actual biological differences (brain development, it's scientific) from their physical sex that this is silly and transgender should be allowed to participate in groups for their gender. (that and I support girl scouts making money for their organization)

Oh, right, Yeah, I guess the kid is a little young to really fully understand his/herself, though most transgenders tend to know early on, even if they don't act on it until later in life. Flip side, parents might just be assuming based on interests.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:50 pm
As a former Girl Scout, I strongly oppose this horseshit of a "boycott" and will buy a shitload of Samoas and Peanut Butter Patties. ********>  

xX Celeste Foxx Xx

7,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:26 pm
Girl Scouts/Girl Guides, Have a huge issue on the gender problem. Since they try and inflict it as a female only club.

unlike the boy scouts that include everyone.

granted a boy that identity's as a girl should be allowed into scouts, the whole safety thing is bull, going to a coed camp becomes a level 4 danger on a 4 point scale. Or at least that's what I remember from my safety training.

If I was still living in the states I would totally load up on their cookies.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:31 pm
That is a good point, from a safety standpoint I can understand where they're coming from. if I had a daughter I would want to be careful. But, as I'm a little bit more versed in transgenderism then I know that transgender consider themselves a specific gender. and it's not a phase. (not if they're actually transgender I mean)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:49 pm
I know how to make home made ones smilies/icon_xd.gif  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:15 pm
wellwisher Wrote:
That is a good point, from a safety standpoint I can understand where they're coming from. if I had a daughter I would want to be careful. But, as I'm a little bit more versed in transgenderism then I know that transgender consider themselves a specific gender. and it's not a phase. (not if they're actually transgender I mean)

Like I said in the previous thread you posted regarding transgendered kids (the one where the kid was withdrawn because the principal was a p***k), I'm pretty skeptical on the issue myself, but it's no excuse to single a young child out because of the probability that they're mistaken. Especially at this scale.

The safety thing is a double-edged sword: the girl does make a point, but it's pretty weak, and it inadvertently promotes rape culture. Not to mention just plain misandrist, since it pretty much says that anyone with a d**k is a rapist.

xX Celeste Foxx Xx

7,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:15 pm
Mama Ame Wrote:
I know how to make home made ones smilies/icon_xd.gif
the Samoas?
That's neat, The last thing I made recently was a chocolate cake for the family Christmas dinner. and that was, well, quite awhile ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:30 pm
xX Celeste Foxx Xx Wrote:
wellwisher Wrote:

Like I said in the previous thread you posted regarding transgendered kids (the one where the kid was withdrawn because the principal was a p***k), I'm pretty skeptical on the issue myself, but it's no excuse to out a young child out because of the probability that they're mistaken. Especially at this scale.

The safety thing is a double-edged sword: the girl does make a point, but it's pretty weak, and it inadvertently promotes rape culture. Not to mention just plain misandrist, since it pretty much says that anyone with a d**k is a rapist.
There's quite a few interesting comments (on both of the links posted)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:40 pm
I have joined Girl Scouts once... but it didn't work out so well. cat_smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif
At least I'll never stop enjoying some their cookies, though. cat_smilies/icon_nodding.gif

On the topic of transgendered people... just because someone's mental gender is the opposite of the physical gender doesn't mean that he or she should be denied from trying out different things and fitting into a group. In short, it's just not fair. It's kind of like saying that tough guys can't enjoy My Little Pony and girly-girls can't play Mortal Kombat. cat_smilies/icon_xp.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:58 am
Pinterest. You can learn everything. I was more talking about the thin mints but I''m sure samoas wouldn't be too difficult.

I was in girl scouts. So I'm not against them. The cookies are very expensive though. Which is my main reason not buying them. I can understand why some people are against them though. I have certain companies/people I don't support as well. We all have our reasons for doing things. There are plenty of people who do support the girl scouts so even if there are a good bit of people who boycott them they're still going to be fine.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas