Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[prp] try not to get into trouble, okay? (a x i x k)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:31 pm
User Image

Atilla had stayed blissfully quiet for the most part while the red lioness led them from the woods. But once they were finally back out in the last of the day's light he couldn't keep silent. He enjoyed talking, and was thrilled to finally be out of the dreary place. "Bleh, those woods do be creepy. An' jus' think 'ow we ge'a go through'em again, eh?" He mumbled softly to Imre, still not sure if the red lioness was feeling prickly or not.

His tail gave a flick as he looked slowly around, taking the time to slow his pace so he could see everything. He whistled and then grinned. "Quite pretty 'ere after those dark woods! S'nice place." Their pride had been in the open plains, with very few trees around. Water wasn't even that close... but the herds often came by.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:56 pm
“You were just lucky you guys didn’t get stuck in the forest at night. That’s really when the ‘creepy’ stuff happens. The spirits of the woods sweep over the trails, capturing any that had fallen in their trap.” Keaira didn’t know if the tan lion would fall for childhood horror stories, but if he fell for the talking trees, she was sure he’d believe this too.

“Shouldn’t be a problem getting out. I think I remember the trail.” Imre was good with direction, if he had gotten them lost going into the forest, he certainly wouldn’t do so going out. His greenish blue eyes scanned the lands when it had finally emerged from the forest. He could see the large moon beginning to rise, just as the sun started to make its way below the horizon.

“I agree. Seems like a rather nice place to live.”

“It is…or was….or…will be.” Keaira started. “Our queen disappeared not to long ago, and just recently one of the former princes have returned. Things have been…rather hectic to say the least.” Kea didn’t say the queen was her mother, which made the former prince her uncle.

“Come, I’ll take you to grandpa.”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm
    Atilla stared with wide eyes at the red girl's back, then glanced to Imre. Wasn't he bothered by that? "W-we be stayin' the nigh', yeh?" He asked softly, trying not to let the lioness hear him. But he was distracted by the red lioness's new words. Would she hurry up and decide already?

Ah. A problem of royalty, it seemed. "Sounds compli'cated." He grinned though, for some reason finding it just a tad amusing. Problems like that didn't crop up too often in his homelands. Oh! Oh! She was going to take them to his uncle right now? He felt slightly nervous, tail flicking and curling around Imre's briefly before he kept scanning the lands.

Asikari was laying at the entrance of his den, a den he'd once shared with Ari and all of their cubs. Not many were still around the lands, but he was sure they were all doing well in their lives. He didn't want to think otherwise.

Denahi returning almost right after Sye's disappearance was a blessing, as he had no desire to run the pride. He knew it was sometimes selfish, but it was no longer something he felt he could help. More often he felt tired and weak, certainly age was creeping it's way up on him.

It wasn't long before he could spy a spot of red in the distance, and he grumbled as his mind leaped almost immediately to that oaf, Uumikaji. But as he narrowed his eyes and waited for the form to get closer he realized it was smaller in stature and lacking a mane; one of Uumi's daughters then, and one of his grandcubs! Which immediately put into his head that the red pelt was beautiful, not annoying like Uumi's. But with her seemed to be.. strangers? Ah... no, that one looked like he was...

Asi's mind slowed to a crawl as they got even closer. One male which made his heart pang in a very painful manner, with the combination of the dark pelt and the blonde mane... even those fantastically blue eyes! Still, he was not the same, it was just a brief thought of Ari.. but the other! The other male made him feel like he might be hallucinating... or looking into a watering hole. "Gods above, wha'the'ell 'is this?" He mumbled, jaw still slightly parted when hee finished his words.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 am
“Staying the night...? I guess that’s not a problem…as long as it’s okay with the others in the pride…” Imre wouldn’t be the one that stopped Atilla from seeing family. He was sure the other would do the same for him.

“I don’t see why not. As long as gramps says it’s okay.” Keaira shrugged, she probably should be asking her uncle more than her grandfather, but usually whatever Asi would say, would go.. “I guess…” Kea wasn’t one for the politics, so she didn’t dwell too much on the idea.

“Don’t be an idiot when you see him. He may be old, but I bet he can still kick your two butts if you are out of line with him.” Keaira stated, spotting her eldest family member in the den.

“HI Grandpa! These two…well, that one,” she motioned towards Atilla, “says he is related to you. I kind of believe him.” For the obvious reasons.

Imre focused on the new lion. If he was one to show emotion, his jaw would have dropped instantly. Basically, Atilla was a carbon-copy of this Asikari, just much younger. He wondered just how similar they were, but it seemed already their accents they used were the same. Definitely related to each other, Imre could already see that.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 am
    Good, Atilla definitely wasn't going through that forest at night. Especially if it was creepier than it was in the day, and the red lioness's words definitely pointed both paws towards that being likely. He just nodded thoughtfully , then glared at the red lioness. "I ne'er be an' idiot." He growled out, offended. Ugh, this lioness was really getting on his nerves. He almost felt like turning around and marching through that forest, creepy or not.

Asi was still staring at the two males as his granddaughter spoke, though he'd finally managed to close his mouth. His gaze shifted to Keaira and he smiled gently. "Lo Kea." He said softly, before looking to the other two again. He couldn't quite get over how alike the youngster looked to him. "Related, eh? I believe it."

Atilla blinked, was that what he was going to look like when he was old? Not bad! It was still weird, seeing this lion who was his uncle, who looked exactly like him! Even if he'd been told about it since he was little. He cleared his throat. "Ello." Feeling slightly stumped for words, but after a moment he cleared his throat. "Er, I do be related. My mum be yer sister... she been tellin' me 'bout yeh since I be young."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 am
Keaira gave an ‘oh really’ look, gazing towards Imre with a bit of disbelief.

The red lioness rubbed against her aging grandfather in a loving way. She tried to be around him more, since her mother had disappeared. There were days though where she would not see him, and would use time to make up with that. Sitting next to Asi, her tail curled around her legs. She listened to the words the other spoke, noting how quiet the one male actually was.

Imre really didn’t have place to speak here. This was Atilla’s family, not his. He was her just for mortal support really for his friend. Though he hadn’t heard the stories his mother told him about this new lion, Imre was intrigue to hear them now if he had elaborated on it.

“You’re sister, grandpa?” Asi never really talked about his family before. Even she was curious to hear things.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:30 pm
    Asi purred a little as she rubbed against him, and he butted his head softly into her shoulder in an affectionate manner. He eyed the mirror image of himself, frowning. His... his sister? But which one? She was alive? Well, he supposed that was entirely possible. He was alive, wasn't he? But he'd gotten separated from his family when he was very young... "So yeh be my nephew... eh?" He said softly, thinking things through. Well, this certainly was an interesting day, especially after all of the lazy days of doing nothing. "She be doin' well?" He was slightly at a loss, how was he supposed to act, even?

He wanted to hit her. He wasn't sure how she'd gotten under his skin so fast, but she had. It wasn't often a female did that, most females he enjoyed. Unless she was particularly stupid, or seemed really stuck up. For whatever reason the red female... what was her name, Kea? She seemed stuck up to him.

He slowly sat himself down, feeling a bit awkward. He was glad Imre was with him, next to him. He nodded after a moment, considering. "Aye, guess so. I 'ave no seen her for a long time, I ...er... well I lef' a while ago to make my way 'ere." He did not add how long it had taken him though.

Asi was baffled... did everyone speak like that in the boy's pride? "Bah, which sister yeh from, boy? An' wha' be yer name?" Asi couldn't even remember what his parents spoke like, or his siblings... had he just held onto the funny way of speaking for this long?

"Ah, M'names Atilla... Me mum is Adira." Now that he'd saw for himself, this uncle that was his mirror image, he wasn't sure what to speak about really. "Ah... an' this be Imre." He nudged the other lion beside him. It was very rare that Atilla wanted help in conversation, especially from Imre. But this was just... weird.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:51 pm
Keaira interjected after Atilla spoke. “Does everyone speak like that?” It probably wasn’t one of the nicest things to say, but she didn’t mean anything by it. She figured her grandfather was some kind of whack job to speak the way he did. Not many (if any) spoke like that in this pride, so hearing an almost exact accent come from an almost exact replica of her grandfather brought interest to her.

“I take it you have many sisters, Grandpa?” Kea asked, gazing at the older copy.

“It’s a pleasure to meet some of Atilla’s family sir.” The charcoal lion was quiet. His bright blue eyes gazed around the near barren land before he spoke again. “It’s a lovely pride you have here.” Imre really wasn’t much of a talker in groups of lions he didn’t know. Sometimes this made conversation pieces for him very awkward. It was as if they were talking about something so in depth, he had just interrupted with ‘how’s the weather’ type of comment. Imre would chose to stay silent for as long as he could now.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:16 pm
    He frowned at Kea, eyebrow quirking. Speak like what? He glanced to Imre then mentally kicked himself. Right, he spoke funny, everyone else spoke 'normal'. "Yeh mean in the pride or in my family? Jus' in my family I guess. Me mum speaks pretty much like this.. bi' thicker if yeh ask me." Did no one else speak like his uncle?

He nodded slowly, thinking it made sense. It was nice to know he wasn't the only one, at least. He often was teased about his 'funny accent' in the past. He looked to his grandcub and grinned. "Eh, no' really. Jus' two of 'em. An' a brother, far as I know." His parents had been a little older than most lions when they first started having families. It was good to know that at least one of his litter mates was well off.

He looked to the Imre fellow when he began to speak, still unable to shake how oddly similar he was to his deceased mate. "Aye, aye. Thanks." He didn't really want to speak about the pride though, it was a ... touchy subject. He wondered who his parents were... no, this was probably just a coincidence. A stronger one since the two of them showed up together. "Eh... Kea, keep this'un some com'pny, Ima go 'ave a talk with this'un." He nodded to Atilla when he was finished and rose, motioning for his mirror to follow him into the den. He glanced back to Kea and Imre. "Why don't yeh show 'im aboot?" He suggested, wondering if he'd be having a long or short talk with his relation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:22 pm
Oh god, a thicker accent? Keaira could barely understand Asikari now, she couldn’t imagine something much thicker. She’d go nuts trying to figure out what others were saying.

“I see, small family, unlike ours.” Kea sometimes wondered what it was like to have a small family. Half the pride she was related too, and she was sure that there were more relations beyond the forest walls. Look, one had even strolled in not that long ago! Scary how small of a world it was getting.

She glanced at Imre, whom her grandfather had nodded too and nodded in return. “Can do!” She walked up to Asi though, whisper to him. “Careful with that one though…I don’t think he’s all there…” She told him, walking away. “Come on Imre!”

Placing a paw on Atilla’s shoulder, he spoke to the male. “I guess I’m going on a tour? I’ll be back later though. Try…not to get into so much trouble, okay?” He really didn’t want to bail out his friend in an unknown pride. That would be some terrible luck for him.

Following the bright red female, Imre stole one last glance over his shoulder at the twins, before setting his eyes ahead, wondering just where the red female would end up taking him.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces