Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Lol Love Spells /facepalm Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever tried or been a victim of a love spell?
Yes I have tried one and it worked
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Yes I tried one but it failed
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Yes my bf/gf admitted that he used one on me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes someone tried it on me but it failed
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
No love spells are a sham
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
No love spells are morally wrong
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 am
Erise Crewe
Ever been the victim of one? What's your take on it- morally wrong or perfectly fine?

I've never been targeted by a love spell- but I don't generalize about if a kind of magic is moral or immoral because there are different kinds of spells and people are expected to have different moral standards in some traditions.

Like- it wouldn't be fair to expect a Root Worker to have to follow strict Catholic doctrine.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:29 pm
I would never use a love spell to make someone love me. However i think find love spells are fine. Like help me find my true love. I have never done one though.  

Monsieur Apothecary

3,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 pm
I could never do a love spell. It wouldn't be the person loving me on their own, it would be the altered mindset I've given them that causes them to love me.

I did do this one spell though, [when I was feeling really crappy and missing my ex] that I did a year ago to make him think of me every once in a while. [whether it be a small thought, or a background face in a dream- something subtle, that's all.] I actually felt really crappy for just doing that, and ended up breaking the candle I used the next day to break the spell.

I'm not ashamed of it though, as the lack of outcome helped open my eyes and help me get over it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 pm
Bad Quality Serena
It wouldn't be the person loving me on their own, it would be the altered mindset I've given them that causes them to love me.
Why couldn't you write the spell to work a different way so you're not imposing the feeling, just drawing a good match to you?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 am
Esiris
Bad Quality Serena
It wouldn't be the person loving me on their own, it would be the altered mindset I've given them that causes them to love me.
Why couldn't you write the spell to work a different way so you're not imposing the feeling, just drawing a good match to you?

That's fine, I just normally think of love-spells as the kind when you make a specific person love you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 am
Bad Quality Serena

That's fine, I just normally think of love-spells as the kind when you make a specific person love you.

That's interesting- I rarely think of love spells like that one. They're popular in Hoodoo and stuff, but I think that's mostly because of the history of Hoodoo.

What kinds of spells like that do you see in other kinds of witchcraft? Was it in books or something?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 am
Esiris
Bad Quality Serena

That's interesting- I rarely think of love spells like that one. They're popular in Hoodoo and stuff, but I think that's mostly because of the history of Hoodoo.

What kinds of spells like that do you see in other kinds of witchcraft? Was it in books or something?

No, not really. Just cartoon- conditioning I guess. sweatdrop

I never really thought of spells like you mentioned as love spells, more like an attraction spell or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:52 am
Bad Quality Serena

I never really thought of spells like you mentioned as love spells, more like an attraction spell or something.

I kind of think of most magic as either attracting or repelling something- so the only way to talk about "love" or "luck" or "peace" etc is to talk about drawing or repelling it in your life.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 am
Esiris
Bad Quality Serena

I kind of think of most magic as either attracting or repelling something- so the only way to talk about "love" or "luck" or "peace" etc is to talk about drawing or repelling it in your life.

I never thought of it like that. That's kind of an interesting viewpoint actually.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:38 pm
I can honestly say I've never tried one. I never bought any of the books that focused on it, but I do recall a few books I own mentioning Love Spells. From what I remember, they said it was unethical to use the spell on a specific person (which is a no-brainer; manipulating someone for your own means in any way is deplorable). The books always stated that if someone felt they really needed to use Love Spells, to not focus on anyone in particular, but to focus on finding real love.  

Rebel_Dynasty

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:45 am
Rebel_Dynasty
The books always stated that if someone felt they really needed to use Love Spells, to not focus on anyone in particular, but to focus on finding real love.

You'll find a lot of books say that. I have a book (that was coincidentally the first book of this type I bought) that had this advice yet still contained spells that would essentially still manipulate a person.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Rebel_Dynasty
The books always stated that if someone felt they really needed to use Love Spells, to not focus on anyone in particular, but to focus on finding real love.

You'll find a lot of books say that. I have a book (that was coincidentally the first book of this type I bought) that had this advice yet still contained spells that would essentially still manipulate a person.

I know what you mean. A lot of the books contain the same crap, over and over again. It got to the point where I would entirely skip over any mention of Love spells. Since they didn't appeal to me anyway, I saw no reason to waste my time reading something I'd never apply to my own practices.

Is it sad that most of the books I own are Llewellyn? The way most people talk about them, you'd think the company was incapable of releasing good books, or something. sweatdrop Either that, or incapable of releasing accurately named ones. That I can agree with (since I still happen to like books by Scott Cunningham and Kerr Cuhulain).  

Rebel_Dynasty

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:47 am
Rebel_Dynasty
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Rebel_Dynasty

I know what you mean. A lot of the books contain the same crap, over and over again. It got to the point where I would entirely skip over any mention of Love spells. Since they didn't appeal to me anyway, I saw no reason to waste my time reading something I'd never apply to my own practices.

Yep. I know exactly what you mean.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:30 pm
I remember when I did my first love spell. I was 13 at the time and had just bought a book of spells (Can't remember the books name for the life of me), but it failed. Either way I think it worked out for the best. I've had my share of creepy stalkers without using magic, though I never used a love spell after my first try and I don't really care to.

Though using divination I now know I have 2 more cheating boyfriends to go through before I find my true love. Sucks alot, but I'm looking forward to the good results in the end.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Rebel_Dynasty

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:57 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
I remember when I did my first love spell. I was 13 at the time and had just bought a book of spells (Can't remember the books name for the life of me), but it failed. Either way I think it worked out for the best. I've had my share of creepy stalkers without using magic, though I never used a love spell after my first try and I don't really care to.

Though using divination I now know I have 2 more cheating boyfriends to go through before I find my true love. Sucks alot, but I'm looking forward to the good results in the end.

Since you were only thirteen and have had your fair share of stalkers, I'm inclined to agree with you; it's definitely a good thing it didn't work.

As for what you learned in divination: it's not set in stone. You don't have to deal with two cheating boyfriends before finding the right guy. You can determine the outcome, at least to a certain extent. 3nodding

Usually when it comes to divination, the course you're presently on is what comes up. This is why it's important to check it at least once every couple of months. The course may very well change before you find yourself at that point.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games