Welcome to Gaia! ::

Even in Gaia...

Back to Guilds

A guild centered on the arts of role playing and writing. We’ve forums for almost everything, from sci-fi to fantasy. Come join our odyssey! 

Tags: Role Playing, Writing, Literate, Discussion 

Reply Action/Adventure
United Nations: Special Ops (Ended) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:33 pm
In an Earth where magic is commonplace and anthropomorphic animals are accepted as the humans’ equals, the United Nations has called on the elite. The year is 2011; the location is London, England. The best magic-users, melee fighters, gunners, and others have been called to this great city to form the first UN special ops team. This team is being formed to protect the UN’s members from as many acts of terrorism as possible.
Rumors of a “Universal Syndicate” have been revived recently, eliciting this action from the UN. According to the rumors, the Syndicate is controlling the actions of every crime syndicate and terrorist group in the world, thus making them the greatest threat the world has yet seen. However, they have not officially surfaced, but the UN is confident that this special ops team will be able to uncover the truth and destroy the Syndicate.
You are the elite. You have been summoned from all over the world to be a part of this special ops team.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm
Rules
Follow Gaia ToS
No God Modding
Follow Guild Rules
Do not double-post
Follow the Reality Clause
PM character sheets to me
Swearing is allowed, but keep it to a minimum
Death is possible, but not likely if you're smart
Post at least twice a day during combat, if possible
Post as often as possible (once a day is recommended)
Fighting type is your choice, but will be subject to review
Do not create walls of text (long strings of conversational posts)

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm
Character Sheet

Code:
[code][b][color=blue]N[/color][/b][i][color=green]ame[/color][/i]: (Name should reflect nationality, if possible.)
[b][color=blue]S[/color][/b][i][color=green]ex[/color][/i]: (I expect male and female, but I don't disallow things like hermaphrodite, as the char's sex would only be important if a person is sexist or has a problem with a hermaphrodite [or whatever else]. Also, if you choose hermaphrodite, you can choose if it is obvious, or if you appear to be a normal female.)
[b][color=blue]R[/color][/b][i][color=green]ace[/color][/i]: (This means human, anthro [and what animal thereof], or mixed-blood [the -mimi characters; humans with animal ears and tails added on; and, again, the animal thereof]. Please note that if you are human, you cannot have animalistic qualities. Also, you may use mythical creatures [anthro or mimi].)
[b][color=blue]A[/color][/b][i][color=green]ppearance[/color][/i]: (This is quite literally how you look. Markings, piercings, clothes, etc. And, unnatural hair and eye colors are allowed. Eyes may glow, if you wish.)
[b][color=blue]A[/color][/b][i][color=green]ge[/color][/i]: (15-40)
[b][color=blue]B[/color][/b][i][color=green]ack[/color][/i] [b][color=blue]S[/color][/b][i][color=green]tory[/color][/i] / [b][color=blue]P[/color][/b][i][color=green]ersonality[/color][/i]: (This is of course your char's past, but also how they act.)
[b][color=blue]Q[/color][/b][i][color=green]uirks[/color][/i]: (This is anything that is out of the ordinary, such as being ambidextrous or an addiction. Quirks can be good or bad.)
[b][color=blue]S[/color][/b][i][color=green]pecialties[/color][/i]/[b][color=blue]S[/color][/b][i][color=green]kills[/color][/i]: (This is your fighting style. Magic [and what kind], melee, gunning, etc. This is, as stated above, subject to review. You may request a mixture of magical and non-magical skills, but it will be subject to further review.)
[b][color=blue]N[/color][/b][i][color=green]ationality[/color][/i]: (This is what country you come from. Please, don't make your char a citizen of a different country than their birth place.)[/code]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:36 pm
Accepted Characters

KOAC Wrote:
Name: Flannery Myrna
Sex: Shemale (appears to be a normal female)
Race: Neko-mimi
Physical Appearance: Very light skin tone, Cyan cat eyes that glow, and red hair with the bangs swept to the left to keep them out of her eyes and the rest draped over her shoulders and chest to just above her breasts.
Clothing: Wears a tight black t-shirt to emphasize her very curvy torso, and wears loose Navy Blue Cargo Pants.
Back Story: Mother was an anthro-cat and father was a human. Her father was also a soldier. She looked up to her father and wanted to be fighter, so starting at the age of 12, she began training with various weaponry. Throughout her training she realized her telekinetic powers and began to hone them along with the skill of dual weapon fighting. Eventually, after years of training, she became accustomed to carrying around fighting with, and rapidly switched between 6 different weapons. Due to her fervent training, the United Nations took an interest in her and invited her to join their Special Ops team, which she gladly accepted.
Personality: Very confident in her own abilities and will relentlessly take down any foe, yet she can not bring herself to fight a friend, and as such she refuses to do things such as spar with her friends.
Quirks: Ambidextrous.
Specialties/Skills: Is skilled in using and always carries around a variety of weapons, including:
Longsword (strapped to her left thigh),
Hand Axe capable of being thrown (attached to her right thigh),
Spear (vertically positioned on her back),
Buckler (Strapped to her left arm),
and 2 knives designed for melee and throwing (one on the side of both of her lower legs.).
Additionally she also has limited Telekinesis. It can only be used to affect her weapons and cannot be used while she is wielding other weapons.
Nationality: Irish

Blow_em_up Wrote:
Name: Pandora Hawke
Sex: Female
Race: Uchigi-mimi (rabbit ears and tail)
Appearance:Tan skin with long, white-silver hair. Has two, perky rabbit eats that tend to be quite expressive to her emotions. Has blood red eyes. Has a lithe build, built more for speed and agility more than power.
Back Story: Pandora was a natural born American. Growing up in the South, she faced quite a bit of discrimination for being a half breed. While she held no disdain for “purebloods”, she was still quite determined to prove her worth. She decided to join the local boot camp to do so. However, when she got there, she ran into some difficulty, as she had a really low aptitude for magic, and didn’t have the strength to do any heavy lifting. Mysteriously, in an almost overnight shift, she became a magical powerhouse. She was then discovered by a UN undercover operative and put on the list for the team. Her boot camp instructors were quite surprised, but gladly took this new development. In her squad, she’s one of the newest recruits, barely getting out of basic training before the UN took her in.
Personality: Pandora is highly energetic and lighthearted. She tends to act quite unserious, though puts forth her best effort in her work. She good natured, though sometimes stirs up mischief and chaos.
Quirks: She has a strange addiction to magic that manifested right as she gained her power magical attunement. An instance of heavy magic use (like a combat or something) tends to tide her over for about two hours without magic use. She tends to curb her appetite for magic by using it for almost everything (getting dressed, opening doors, playing video games, etc.). After two hours without any magic use, she starts getting withdrawal symptoms.
Specialties/Skills: She fights almost exclusively with magic . She knows martial arts, but almost also either augments it with magic, or would simply blast anyone close to her away and get distance. She’s fast and evasive, but almost always prefers to keep her distance, get cover, or both.
Nationality: American

Twiclipse Wrote:
Name: Maria Swan
Race: Human
Appearance: Lavendar colored short sleeved shirt that hangs loosely with a long white, peasant style skirt; usually runs barefoot
Back Story: Her family was attacked by a drug cartel when she was younger. This caused her to discover her magic when she accidentally burned half of them to death. A UN undercover operative saw this and put her on the list for the team.
Personality: More shy and insecure. Very submissive, but if given enough reason can be quite fiery. Can also be quite bubbly when in a more comfortable situation.
Quirks: Can be very easily amused. Also tends to write everything down when possible through poetry in a pocket notebook.
Specialties/Skills: Fire magic.
Nationality: Mexican

Darith The Wanderer Wrote:
Name: Erik Alexander
Sex: Male
Race: Ookami-mimi
Appearance: Erik wears his general clothing of a T-shirt and baggy cargo pants usually of black or olive drab color, he has slightly tanned skin with wolf eyes in a blue hue he has a small scar about two inches on his left cheek from what looks like a knife cut he has no piercings on his body what so ever. due to his ookami-mimi he has a bushy black tail and two black ears with white tips as well as short cropped black hair and finishes his look is his tattoo on his right arm , a wolf howling at a full moon and under it saying "Semper Fidelis" which he received while in Wolf Pack.
Back Story / Personality: Erik was born in the USA in Oregon on a Native American reservation. His father was an anthro wolf and his mother was a human. The result was a ookami-mimi with a black tail and black ears with white tips and who lived his life on the reservation until about 12 when his family assimilated into modern life. When he was 17 he enlisted into the armed forces as a marine. He didn't stay long however as he was soon placed in Wolf Pack, a special forces squad that utilized several young men with wolf genetics into spec ops missions and even some black ops. After being in Wolf Pack for 5 years he had become a marksman as well as other things (below). Due to his wolf nature he tends to develop strong bonds with people he stays with sometimes even to the point he'll sacrifice himself to save someone. He's kind of a joker making cracks even in the heat of combat to relieve the pressure.
Quirks: Physically strong, colorblind, protective.
Specialties/Skills:
CQC (knife and Hand to hand)
Marksman- Assault rifle, SMG, Sniper Rifle. (when he is allowed to carry his specialized Assault rifle he carries a ACR Assault rifle with Multiple attachments that include a silencer, holo scope, and extended mags)
Stealthy
Demolitions
Tracking
Lock Picking
Computers (hacking and the like)
Driving/Piloting Vehicles

glitch494 Wrote:
Name: Fionn Rudhale
Race: Anthro Couatl
Appearance: Serpentine with raptorlike features and feathered limbs, tail, head, and wings.(This is what an anthro Couatl looks like) Her scales are blue, and her feathers are white. She is thin, and usually wears long flowing robes that give her an air of mystery.
Back Story: Fionn was born and raised in America. She was always the oddball out even when standing next to an orc. While being blessed by beauty from her heritage as a couatl she never got the virtuous part. She never wanted to be the one everyone came to with problems, she always wanted to do something less accepted. She hung out with what most people would call the "bad crowd", she found this more intresting then anything else. So she be came a thief, she liked using stealth and her charm to take what she wanted. She became well know to the criminal underground, and was given smuggling jobs on the count the she was adept at illusion magic, and good at distracting guards. The UN found her on one of her sumggling missions that went wrong. Security was getting tighter and she failed to realize that a mage had been brought in to find conceald items. She had tried her best, but it failed, and the UN took notice. They found her to be useful in getting knowledge from the underground, thus they gave her a deal. Join us, or go to jail.
Personality: She is fun loving and outgoing. She is sarcastic, but can still be serious when the time is needed. She never does anything halfway but will still enjoy the random mishaps in the plan.
Quirks: Through her line of work she had learned to fight well in high heels.
Specialties/Skills: Through her years as rogue she leared a few fighting syles.
Karate
Daggers
Stealth
Concealment
Street wise
Illusion magic she can make almost any illusion on medium sized objects(aka crates, people, etc.) or smaller, these illusions are almost perfect, some very perceptive people, or mages can still find very small distortions from the objects, in the case of mages, they find the magic. However she can do large illusions but not for an extended duration.

Mafia Robitika Wrote:
Name: James Carver
Appearance: James Carver is a musclar built man with a number of small scars on his chest and back from previous encounters with other "creatures" similiar to these, he also has a large scar on the right side of his mouth.
His clothes include a jet black jacket and slacks with matching dress shoes, a white undershirt with red tie. His hair is dark brown with a circle beard around his mouth. He is often (Most of the time) wearing mirrored shades.
Back Story / Personality: James Carver's family was originally from Liverpool, Great Britain but moved in the early 1980's due to the growing "incidents" within the city to the United States where James was born. They lived in New York City in a small tenement with twelve other families, including a large Italian family he became incredibly close to. In 1996, When James returned home after going shopping he noticed the smell of blood and metal. He saw a deranged italian man had killed both his parents and then lounged at him. The italian was killed by James, who managed o get a sharp kitchen knife into the man's throat. James was never given any court-related charges and attended the funeral of his parents. He soon joined the police in Washington DC and then the CIA, where he attended many "incidents" with creatures. Which examples his many scars, though he has a slight grudge towards them he does not hate them because "It is only nature to wish to kill, but it is will that prevents action."
Quirks:
Good:
Stealthy
Clever
Good at hiding weapons
Bad:
Can not run as fast
Is almost blind in one eye
Specialties/Skills: Orthodox style, South paw Style.
Is an expert at weapons repair and making
Has held many automatic weapons, bu cannot control the range of fire
He may not be able to run, but is incredibly agile in boxing and hand-to-hand.
He is also great in knife-related fights.
Nationality: British-American

Medrin Cemos Wrote:
Name: Medrin Cemos
Race: Mimi tabby cat, orange and yellow fur
Appearance: Cloak over black pants and dark colored V-neck shirt, a mage hat like Vivi’s in Final Fantasy, and purple eyes.
Back Story / Personality: A guardian of his charge Saphira Longstein, he is looking to be in the elite because in his past, the terrorist group has made his life difficult and hunted Saphira for a while. Thus’ he wants to root out the problem. He has no knowledge of his parents, but discovered his magic abilities at an early age; a wise wizard took him under his apprenticeship, and so he is respectful, but quiet due to his social exclusion. He was deemed worthy by the wizard and took on a guardianship of Saphira.
Quirks: He is extremely quiet about anything personal, especially of Saphira, people are lucky to even know of her. He is a guardian so is connected by oath and soul to said woman, whom he thinks of as his little sister. He is also very focused and pays attention to small details (i.e: A small wrinkle in a book). He also loathes rudeness or generally distasteful people.
Specialties/Skills: Has the ability to use all 5 elements; Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Spirit. However, his magic with anything besides Earth and Water is weaker. So, his strongest elements are Earth and Water.
Nationality: British

Testament49 Wrote:
Name: Desmond Knives
Appearance: Desmond has a muscular build and slightly tanned skin. He has shaggy black hair and sharp grey eyes. He also has a bit of stubble. He often wears sleeveless shirts, gloves, cargo pants, and combat boots. He also wears dog tags around his neck.
Back Story / Personality: Five years ago the American Military had a secret super soldier program called Project Titan. They recruited many soldiers and proceeded with the program. However the genetic enhancements altered many of the soldiers too much, causing most of them to go crazy and kill each other. Desmond was one of the small percentage to have successful augmentation. After some intense mental training, he began to carry out solo Special ops and Black ops missions, completing almost all of them. When the UN began forming their team, the leaders of Project Titan began to debate if they should contact the UN and send him as part of the team. After many delays and arguments, it was finally agreed that they would contact the UN and transfer him to their team. He is usually fairly deadpan or serious. He also thinks mainly in logic.
Quirks: He is ambidextrous, he can speak in many languages and in many accents. Due to his augmentations, he has somewhat enhanced strength and speed. Also due to augmentation he has a slight healing factor and slight resistance to pain. He takes things literally most of the time.
Specialties/Skills:
Hand to hand combat
Knife skills.
Marksmen with rifles and handguns.
Stealth

Smevil Wrote:
Name: Kojima Masato
Sex:Male
Race:Human
Appearance:Think Sephiroth http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/midbossvsvamp/Sephiroth.jpg
Back Story / Top of his class as a marksman and in hand to hand with his katana
Personality: Julias is a loner after graduation he went on a few covert op mission as hit man. He never missed a shot, but when he found out that the Japanese government was using him to assassinate any threat to the power of the Government, people who had created new ways for Japanese citizens to be self sufficient, so he left Japan. He is quite and keeps mostly to himself.
Quirks:Quick to anger and hates to miss, also a bit of a drunk
Specialties/Skills: Master marksman with his .50 cal Sniper and his .45 magnum. Highly skilled with the katana and hand to hand with drunken style. can manipulate fire and water and also can imbue them into any object or weapon.
Nationality:Japanese

Lord Redtail Rathan Wrote:
Name: Abdul Shafi Amin
Appearance: Lean, but muscular with medium-length black hair that always seems to get in his eyes. Has a bit of a short scruffy beard.
Back Story / Personality: Abdul is the second son of a goat herder who was killed by one of the Taliban cells running from the government, and NATO. Incited into a rage over the death of his father, Abdul enlisted in the Afghanistan National Army, where he was able to hunt down the men responsible for the tragedy. He was thrown out due to the sheer brutality that he used when he executed the Taliban cell. Wandering through the Farah province, he happened upon an old, run-down mosque who's sole inhabitant was a blind imam. That blind imam taught him about Allah's forgiveness and how to channel his anger and his sorrow. So when the UN called for elite soldiers, Abdul stood up and accepted, as he'd found a way to serve a greater purpose.
Quirks: Pops his knuckles quite a bit. He tends to forget sometimes that some people can't speak Dari, as he regresses when he's excited. He is also a sucker for beautiful women, especially those that are only half-human.
Specialties/Skills: Very good with his Ak-47, able to use it with an accuracy normally not found in Afghanistan. Is a VERY good lockpick and is a master of improvising.
Nationality: Afghani

Testament49 Wrote:
Name: Drake O'Malley
Race: Medium
Appearance: Drake has an athletic build. Drake stands close to 6 feet tall. He is quite muscular however, his muscles are not overly bulky but extremely well toned. He has light brown hair and blue eyes that, depending on the lighting, can be anywhere from ice blue to sapphire. His skin had been tanned, but it is now beginning to fade.
Back Story / Personality: Drake joined the Military as soon as he turned 18. He quickly became one of the top soldiers in his regiment. Four years ago, shortly after he realized that he was a medium, he became part of a Special Operations unit where he truly prospered. One year ago he began going on solo Black Ops missions, which he proved more than successful in. Drake is very self-confident, often verging on arrogant and overestimate his value as a soldier. He is usually fairly lighthearted and generally respectful. He thinks of himself as a ladies man whether it is true or not, but if rejected he doesn't seem to care. He can be very opinionated and scornful at times, especially when talking about things he doesn't like.
Quirks: As a Medium he can speak to spirits, however he does not always have an open channel with the spirits and must call on them first. He was put in the Special Operations unit because of the fact that he is a Medium but it never really impacted any of the missions he was on. Drake served in the same Regiment that Desmond Knives served in pre-Project Titan.
Specialties/Skills: He is adept in using most firearms and, do to various training throughout his Military career, is highly skilled in close quarters combat. Additionally the various training gave him a high tolerance to pain, agility, and a fast reaction time.

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:40 pm
Note: This a continuation from an RP of the same name that began in a different guild. All of the story from that version is still canon and has been cataloged on my computer. This story is (possibly) going to be used as a basis for a book, if I find the time for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 pm
Maria:
When you arrive at the spa, the attendant smiles and bows a bit.
"How are you today?" she asks.

Fionn:
"What's a...spa?" Yura asks.

Kojima & Pandora:
After a couple minutes, Pandora finds that the technique is easy enough to learn. After about five minutes, Pandora masters the punches and blocks. She feels like she can take more training, but somewhat feels like she shouldn't just yet.  

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Mafia Robitika

5,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:55 pm
James turned to Yissa, he and she seemed to be really hitting it off. He smiled, then a thought came to his mind.

"Yissa, I happen to know a great resturant not to far from here. I managed to snag a quick n** at it when I was here on my last CIA mission, maybe you and I could go there. Just the two of us." He hoped he wasn't being too forward.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 pm
"A spa is a place with tubs full of hot water that people sit in to relax. They also have other services avalible, but in gemeral is a place one goes to to relax," I reply to Yura.  

glitch494
Vice Captain

Interesting Lunatic

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 pm
James:
Yissa smiles and closes her eyes for a moment.
"That would be nice," she says.

Fionn:
"Ooh, that sounds nice!" Yura says.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:39 pm
Well, wanna go soon. I mean, they kinda owe me one since I found out their manager was dealing drugs across Europe. So, money'll be no object." he smiles, wow he was actually trying to impress her. He shrugged and sank further down into water, sighing with relaxation.  

Mafia Robitika

5,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50

glitch494
Vice Captain

Interesting Lunatic

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:06 pm
"Would you like to go?" I ask Yura.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:38 pm
I give out a cheerful and hearty laugh.
"Ha! I knew my skills didn't completely leave me! how much will I feel this when the tonic wears off?" I ask. I had a feeling it would probably be quite a bit, but for whatever reason, perhaps the added liquid courage, I don't feel overly concerned about it.  

Blow_em_up
Crew

Beloved Genius

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smevil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm
"Depends on how much is consumed," Kojima states," as long as you drink water you wont be dehydrated or have the head ache. I on the other are rarely sober for I sip on it threw out the day to keep me ready for combat," he grabs the gourd and takes a sip," so what you wanna do next?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:04 pm
James:
Yissa smiles.
"Perhaps in a few minutes," she says. "I want a few more minutes in here."

Fionn:
"Ooh, yes please!" Yura says.  

Silver Tsumugari
Captain

Dedicated Guildswoman

6,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100

glitch494
Vice Captain

Interesting Lunatic

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:08 pm
"All right, follow me," I say to Yura, and lead her gently by the hand to the spa.  
Action/Adventure

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff