Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Switch and Seme Haven
His Butler: Punishment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krithony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:15 pm
Even though those were not the words that he wanted to hear, a self-satisfied smirk toyed on Sebastian's lips. Of course there was no need for such a silly thing. Claude might have figured out fetching something like that would take him some time, getting him out of Sebastian's way, but knowing that he was not going just seemed to be more pleasing.

Sebastian ceased his movements momentarily as his eyes slid sideways at what Claude had to say next. It was almost sickening how amused he sounded about all of this. Two could play at that game. If Sebastian had to live with this for a month, then he could find some way for this to work to his advantage.

The ebony-clad butler turned around when he finished with the book case and moved past Claude out the door. "The young master does not like his afternoon tea to be late." Sebastian said as he started down the hall, not even bothering to look back to see if Claude was following him. He could already sense the presence of the other demon close behind him. It was time for him to devise his tactics that he would be using. No longer was it a game between Ciel and himself, but the addition of Claude set the stakes higher, making it two against one. Sebastian had really pushed his luck with his master this time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:00 am
Right on Sebastian's trail, Claude followed him down the halls and down the side stairs to the kitchens. He was immediate curious on how tea was made in this household. He knew how to make tea that suited Alois's preferences. If he wanted to become a perfect Phantomhive butler in one day, it was safe to assume that he would have to observe everything that Sebastian did so that he can improve upon it. This included making tea.

Claude gave a quick look around the kitchen, keeping his criticizing words to himself he watched as the head butler put a kettle of water on the stove.

Mayrin was teetering on a wobbling chair with several plates in her hands, She was just putting them away in the cabinet when Sebastian walked in...another man shadowing close behind him. 'Oh, so that's the new butler?' Her chair wobbled, 'He's quite handsome, almost as handsome as Sebastian' She teetered a bit more, one hand lifting the plate upwards distractedly.
"Whoa!" She cried out as the chair seemed to tip out from under her. As she felt that familiar sicking feeling of falling, the sensation suddenly stopped, "Huh?"
"Are you alright miss?"
The be-speckled maid felt her face flush hotly as she realized that the new handsome butler had caught her and steadied her on the chair. 'His hands are on my hips!' was the only coherent thought that went thorough her head."Ye-yeah." She managed to get out.

Claude held the maid steady. "The plates miss."
"Oh? Oh right!" the maid quickly put the dishes onto the top shelf of the cabinet. Even as she was finished, Claude held her hand, helping her to step down.
Meyrin flustered, stuttered out. "Th-thank you Mr....??"
"Faustus, Claude Faustus." The man pushed his own pair of glasses up with one finger.
"Thank you Mr. Faustus."
"You should try using a proper stepping stool, this chair doesn't seem to be well made, you could brake your pretty neck."
Here Meyrin swallowed back a squeal of feminine delight.
"If you would excuse me, miss...?"
"Mey-rin, everyone calls me Mey-Rin."
"Miss Mey-rin, I must accompany Mr.Michaelis." Leaving the flustered dazed maid Claude turned back to Sebastian.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

Krithony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:44 pm
As Sebastian entered the kitchen, his eyes were immediately drawn to the Phantomhive maid teetering on a rather unstable chair as she attempted to put some of the dishes away. Sebastian already knew what was going to happen within a few seconds. Meyrin would become distracted by the two men entering. The chair would then be pushed past its breaking point until the angle was too much for the chair to remain standing. Finally the predictable would happen; Meyrin would fall with plates in hand as Sebastian saved them both from hitting the ground. It was almost a daily experience.

Just as Sebastian predicted, the chaotic sequence of events started as the maid turned her head, looking at the new butler. The demon prepared to make his move, catching the constantly flustered maid for the third time in two days, but he was beaten to the falling girl by Claude. Of course he would seize the opportunity to upstage Sebastian in any way. Just like clockwork, Meyrin was caught, the plates were saved, and Meyrin seemed to stare at her saviour in awe as she stammered out her thanks. It seemed as if there was now going to be some kind of spat over the other Phantomhive employees. Claude Faustus really was determined to win everybody over.

Letting his stoic eyes linger on the flustered maid for a moment longer, Sebastian turned back around to tend to the tea kettle. "I see you've become the new hero in Meyrin's eyes." he commented once the maid collected herself and left the room.

Quickly changing the subject, Sebastian went about making his master's tea, not even bothering to explain anything to Claude. If the butler wanted to learn how the young master liked his tea, then he could observe. Sebastian was not about to tell him anything about the tea. His master was very specific and he liked his tea a certain way or else it was no good.

Once Sebastian finished Ciel's tea, he poured the steaming liquid into a teapot and placed it on a tea tray. He quickly cleaned up what was left to be cleaned in the kitchen before picking up all that was to be taken to Ciel. Turning around with the tray in hand, Sebastian came face to face with his counterpart. "Pardon me Faustus, the young master doesn't like his tea to arrive late."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:30 pm
He nodded and stepped out of the way.
Claude obstinately followed Sebastian back up to Ciel's study, 'He makes the master's tea with three full scoops of tealeaves plus a pinch of rosemary. It steeps at the proper temperature and at the correct amount of time. The timing is critical as tea steeped for too long will have overtly strong flavor and tea that has not had enough time to steep will be weak and have a bitter flavor. I wounder if that tea pot must have some kind of strainer inside, Alois didn't like tealeaves in his cup.'
The demon butler also noted the creamer, and honey on the tray. The kind of Tea that Sebastian was serving would taste best with honey rather then sugar. Everything appeared to have been done properly but something was missing.
"Do you offer the young master a snack at this time?" He asked. It was later in the afternoon, Ciel might be the Lord of the Manor, but he was still in some ways a child, A child would be getting a bit hungry around this time.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

Krithony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm
Sebastian's eyes slid to the side as Claude questioned him once again. "How very observant of you." he remarked. "I normally do offer the young master something to eat, but in a short while we are having guests and I don't want him spoiling his appetite. I'm sure your master is the same way sometimes?" Sebastian answered. Ciel often forgot about food and when Sebastian would see to it that he got some, the boy would often consume it like a ravenous dog. He knew Ciel was, obviously, a growing boy but he had this habit of eating something now and not wanting anything later unless it was some sort of sweet. If Sebastian was not around to make sure Ciel actually got real food, he was sure his master would be surviving on sugary delicacies on a daily basis.

Once they entered Ciel's study, Sebastian moved forward and placed Ciel's tea in front of him. "Your tea, my Lord."

"I hope you've been behaving yourself Sebastian." Ciel remarked after taking a sip of his tea. His eyes then fell on Claude who was standing just behind Sebastian. With a sly smirk and a knowing glance at Sebastian, Ciel directed his words to Claude. "Now that you know how I like my tea, I would like you to bring me my tea from now on. I'm sure your skills are just as good, if not better than, Sebastian's."

The demon stood still and expressionless as his master turned to the Trancy butler, asking him to take over one of Sebastian's duties already. Sebastian figured that Ciel would give Claude most tasks that dealt directly with himself. He knew that some demons, at least Sebastian, could be somewhat possessive of their masters. Sebastian would not doubt Ciel using this knowledge to his advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:24 pm
In response, Claude gave a brief bow of his head in acknowledgment. "As you wish Lord Phantomhive." The demon was brazen enough to give Sebastian a knowing smirk.
The sound of carriage wheels faint in the distance caught his attentions, he glanced towards the windows. "Where you expecting some guests today my Lord?"

Lau smiled, tilting his head to look at the manor merging from the trees ahead of the carriage. The Chinese trader glanced to the other seat. Prince Soma had his arms crossed looking decidedly upset.
"I thank you for picking us up on such short notice, Prince Soma." Lau said, The sweet girl, Ran-mao said nothing but nodded her head. " Something's come up and I will not take too much of the Earl's time." Lau smiled, He was well aware that arriving at this time,if he stayed long enough, he might be invited to dinner at the manor. Lau had grown very fond of the menu that his butler created.
"That is fine." Soma replied, "But having to come too early.....I hope that Ciel won't be too upset." The Indian prince fretted. The last time he came early Ciel was annoyed, who knew his dancing lessons where supposed to be a secert.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

Krithony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:47 pm
The smug look remained on the young Earl's face as he watched the silent exchange between the two butlers. This was obviously getting to Sebastian as he hoped that it would. Claude was a nice asset to have around when dealing with the demon Ciel called his own. It was at that moment when Ciel was observing the interaction between the two demons that they simultaneously turned their heads toward the window. Ciel always hated when Sebastian would hear or see something before he did. It made the boy feel inferior and helpless in a way.

"Yes, but they aren't due to arrive yet." Ciel answered Claude, looking a bit confused. He had made it a point to tell them to arrive on time, if not later than the arranged time. Ciel was not fond of people arriving ahead of schedule. They always seemed to interfere with the Earl's other plans he had scheduled throughout the day, especially his lessons.

"Sebas-Claude," he corrected himself. "Why don't you go see why they have arrived so soon. I'll be down in just a minute."

Ciel turned to Sebastian with a glint in his eye as Claude left the room. "How are you liking my newest addition?"

"A very smart move on your part my lord. Very smart indeed. You know just how to play your pieces. But remember, just because you think you have your strategy played out in your head does not mean that it cannot change when your opponent makes his move."

Just as Ciel began to open his mouth to reply to Sebastian's comment, he was greeted with the distant voice of an eager Prince Soma.

"It seems as if you guests have arrived, my lord." Sebastian said, hinting that it was now time to make an exit.

Ciel stood up from his desk, his gaze locked on Sebastian. He finally broke eye contact and pushed past the demon out the door. Sebastian followed behind his master as they descended the stairs, his mind filled with the satisfaction of effectively getting to Ciel.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 am
Claude walked quickly down the stairs, Tanaka had already meet Ciel's guests at the door and let them in.
The guest weren't English men, two of them had dark coffee colored skin and the other two, a man and woman, both had the distinct asian appearance. the four's clothing also indicated that they where foreigners.
Before Claude could open his mouth the younger of the two Indian's called up the stairs. "Hey Ci~eeeil!!! His voice echoing slightly in the front hall.
The newest Phantomhive butter raised an eyebrow in a quizzical manner.

Soma blinked, "Se-Sebastian?" The man standing before them kinda looked like the butler, pure black uniform but....
Angi frowned, and whispered discreetly to Soma, "My prince, I do not believe that this is Sebastian."
"Oh?" The prince chuckled. "I am sorry, I got confused for a moment."
"That is not a problem." Claude responded. 'The man in green must be 'Prince' Soma's valet or retainer.' "The Earl will be along in a moment, if you would wait in the- "
"-in the Parlor. Very well." Soma said interrupting him. He knew the drill, the butler would take them the parlor to the side, serve tea and titbits and wait for Ciel to finish whatever he was doing. He headed there with out waiting for the new butler to prompt him. Angi opened the door to the parlor for Soma, affirming to Claude's guess. The Chinese pair followed the man had his arm around the scandalously clad woman.

"What is your name? I haven't seen you here before." Prince Soma asked as soon as he was seated in the spacious parlor room. As loud and forward the Indian prince was, Claude was privately relived that he knew where the parlor was, Claude just got here and hadn't had time to remember all of the rooms in the manor.
"I am Claude Faustus, I just started working here." He gave them a slight bow.
"Ahh, I was wondering when the Earl was going to hire extra help." Lau commented from his place on a couch, the woman was seated comfortably on his lap. "Even with all the problems that the Earl had been having lately, I'm surprised that he didn't hire you sooner Mr.Faustus."
The demon pushed his glasses up, an eyebrow raised, inquiringly.
Soma blinked. "Ciel's been having some problems? What kind of problems?"  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

Krithony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:14 pm
Ciel's hand rose to his temple when he heard the over enthusiastic voice of Prince Soma echoing down the hall. There were certain days when he could put up with the Prince and his antics. Other days he would rather shoot himself in the head. He was on the verge of a headache, but figured that he probably should not let the Prince get on his nerves. He had been having a rather pleasant day before the arrival of his early guests.

"I hope Mr. Faustus knows where he is supposed to take them." Sebastian remarked. Claude had only been familiarized with one level of the Phantomhive mansion. It would be interesting to see if he took them to the correct room.

"I don't think we have to worry about that." Ciel knew that Soma, as well as Lau, had been here enough to know where they were going. It was the same routine very single time they came over. They should all be very used to it by now.

Sebastian and Ciel entered the parlor a few moments later, catching the end of some trivial conversation between Soma and Claude. "Hello." Ciel greeted, his eyes moving from Lau and Ran-Mao to Soma. "I see you've met my new butler Claude." the Earl remarked. He knew that Soma was probably very interested in the newest addition and his purpose for being in the Phantomhive residence.

"Sebastian, why don't you go see what the others are up to. Something tells me that they should probably be reminded that they do have jobs to do." Glancing over his shoulder, Ciel saw the butler bow before exiting the room.

"You're early again." Ciel said, directing his words toward Lau who had already made himself at home.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:10 pm
"I had a pressing matter to speak to you about." Lau shrugged, the trader's word belied the seriousness of his message.
"Ah Yes Ciel, I thought that I should inform you that these past few days mysterious men has been watching the townhouse. " Prince Soma said, suddenly remembering the reason for his early visit. "They have been following us when ever we've left the house. Angi was successful in capturing one of the men for a brief moment but the man appeared to have been....'altered'."
This caught Claude's attention. 'Altered?"
" 'Altered' ? In what way?" Lau said, asking the question that was on everyone's minds.
"The man's neck was cut in such a way that..." Here Soma hesitated, disturbed. Angi bowed slightly and finished. " The intruder's vocal cords where surgically removed, as well part of his tongue."
Soma frowned, " When Angi tried to question him, He was hit by a poison dart by his companions, We attempted to follow them, but it was ruse, they lured us away so that they could carry away their dead friend."
Lau listened to the story with deep interest. It sounded like work from the underground. "Prince Soma, did you report this to the police?"
"Yes I did, but they didn't believe me. If anything, It stopped them from watching the house at night. I think Angi must of scared them away."  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

Krithony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:57 pm
The Earl quickly became very interested in what Lau had to say. Most of the time he light a light air to his voice and a constant smugly amused glint in his eyes. Ciel could only give Lau his undivided attention when he spoke up this time. Before Lau could get another word in, Prince Soma cut in with a tidbit of information that made Ciel even more curious.

Ciel wracked his brains as Soma continued to explain what had been going on. This was every interesting indeed. Come to think of it, Ciel had never dealt with anything like this before. He tried to remember if he and Sebastian had worked on any cases with similar persons of interest, but nothing came to mind. He almost turned to ask Sebastian if they had, or he had, encountered anything like this before, but he quickly remembered that he had sent his butler away for the time being.

"You don't have any idea what they could want?" Ciel asked. As far as he knew nothing was there that was of any importance to anyone other than himself. Even then there were things there that he forgot existed at all. Maybe they thought he was there or were waiting for his arrival. After all, he had been contemplating paying a visit.

"Claude," Ciel said as he turned his head toward the demon. "have you ever heard of anything like this before?" Ciel figured why not ask Claude? After all, he could do what Sebastian did. Instead of asking for Sebastian's help on this, Ciel would take his time with Claude to an advantage.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:19 pm
"It is certainly unusual." The butler pushed his glasses up. "The cutting of the vocal cords is a favored method of punishment in southern Asian gangs. But I have never heard of this method coming this far west."
Prince Soma blinked. Southern asian gangs? Is that why Lau was here? Did have some connection with...
"Lord Phantomhive, if I could offer your guests some refreshments? Some Tea or coffee?"
At the word 'coffee' Soma's eyes glimmered, "Coffee?"
"Yes,Prince Soma, I have brought a modern espresso machine.If you would prefer."
"I would like to see that!"
"As would I." Angi chimed in.
Lau smiled, not only was the new butler knowledgeable, he was very cleaver too. How was is possible that Ciel had found a new butler that was as proficient as Sebastian?
"No tea for me thanks" He said, waving off the bespectacled butler's offer of coffee.
Claude was well aware that Mr Lau wanted to speak to Ciel in privet, after all this whole situation probably concerned underground matters, and Ciel Phantomhive was one of the reputed 'Dark Nobels' of this country. This was no secret to him.
"The machine would have to be set up in the kitchen..."
"That is fine." Prince Soma said getting to this feet excitedly. He and Angi followed Claude out of the parlor.

"Most impressive Ciel." Lau smiled. "Where did you find this one?" He asked once they where alone in the parlor.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

Krithony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:32 am
At the mention of Southern Asian gangs, Ciel directed his gaze to Lau. Did he have something to do with this or at least know something more about it then anyone else here would? Lau was the smug kind of man who kept things to himself until he felt that they needed to be exposed. He could very well be in on the loop as to what was going on with this. It would just be a matter of time until this information was brought to surface.

The Earl turned his attention back to Claude when he asked the visitors if they would like any tea or coffee. Of course young Prince Soma's eyes grew at the mention of coffee. For his first day here, Claude was certainly doing much, much better than Ciel had anticipated. He even caught on that Ciel and Lau wanted ot be alone. Perhaps his abilities were right up there with Sebastian's. Of course, Ciel was not going to say that right away, just a mere thought that ran through his head brought up the notion.

Ciel watched Claude leave the room with Soma and Agni in tow. The boy turned back around to face Lau. "You don't have anything to do with this, do you?" he asked with a sharp glare.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 am
"Certainly not." Came Lau's reply, "Rumors from the underground is that these...'happenings' are caused by a new outside faction. The fact that they are using methods that the southern Red Dragons use to silence their enemies is very strange.....isn't it Ran-mao?"
The woman nodded, then passed a finger across her throat mimicking the cut of a knife.
Lau continued. "There are several reports of mysterious men stalking various nobles....It is said that they are spotted when the nobles are out with their young sons. Now I wounder....Who could they be looking for?" Here, his dark eyes seem to glitter. "I think Prince Soma's story has given us a clue."

Claude had gone back to his room to pick up the small compact espresso machine and the coffee grounds he brought with him. With the steaming hot boiling water poured into the pressure pot, the demon butler in glasses was soon serving a small cup of richly smelling coffee to the Indian prince in the kitchen, not only that, with the crema and hot foaming milk, drew an exquisite pattern of leaves in the Prince's cup.
"Please be careful, it is very hot." He said as he passed the small cup over.
"Look Angi! This is so pretty! It almost makes me regret having to drink it."
The Indian valet peered into the cup, suitably impressed. Angi was initially weary of the new butler. Like his friend Sebastian, this one wore a black uniform, but with a few stylistic differences. His manner was colder then Sebastian's, less inclined to smile. It made him almost unapproachable.
"Mr. Angi, was it? Would you care to try one of my own recipes?" the demon asked.
The valet blinked, he nodded "Y-yes," He was curious and intrigued, Claude's icy exterior for a brief moment melted as the new butler set about getting a fresh cup of coffee grounds adding to it some spices that smelled familiar.
Watching him, Agni noticed how the machine was polished and the spoons and the other things that went with it where well kept and polished. 'Ah, He enjoys making coffee as I enjoy cooking curry.' He thought, a smile forming on his face.
Claude had drawn a pretty sunburst pattern in Angi's cup, When Angi tasted it, He beamed. "Ah! These are some of the spices that I use my curry! What a wounderous flavor, Thank you Claude."
The new Phantomhive butler returned the Indian servant's bow. "You are welcome." For a brief moment he even smiled.

Finny sat a the wooden table watching Bardroy sulked in the servants room, not too far from the kitchens, Sebastian had just told the cook to go the market and pick up a few things for this evening's dinner, since it looked like there where more guests then originally intended. Meyrin was just finishing folding up the laundry and Tanaka.....well Tanaka was peacefully seated at the table sipping his green-tea.
"A last minute change in the diner menu huh?" The former solider crushed the shopping list into his pocket and pulled on his coat over his smock. "What is Sebastian up to this time?"
"I don't know," Finny twiddled his thumbs "He looked kinda angry when he came down. He went to the butlers room and hasn't come out. Do you think that..."
Bard stopped Finny from saying anything more. "D-do you smell that?"
"Huh?"
The cook closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Coffee! And it's the good stuff too!" With a happy skip he went to go investigate.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

Krithony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:34 pm
A thin eyebrow was raised as Ciel's interest only grew. So Lau was not associated with these men in any way. Or at least that was what he told the young Earl. Ciel could never be sure around the smug man. Of course they would be after him. It was only natural for something like this to happen. In fact, it was becoming too common. At least he was not the only one being targeted this time. It seemed as if all young male nobles were being watched this time. Ciel had a few guesses about what this group wanted them for, but nothing could be confirmed.

"I wonder if they are on their way here or not." Ciel voiced his thoughts. He found it strange that he had not yet been summoned by the Queen to investigate these matters. Perhaps the message was on its way. This was the sort of thing that was just begging for Ciel Phantomhive to get involved with. Whether or not the Queen was in need of his services, he was going to get involved with this strange case. He was just glad to have a bit of an insight to these people. It was always best to know as much as you could about your enemy. Any information was valuable knowledge that Ciel would keep in mind.

"Since you seem to know these men a bit better than I do, what do you think there next move will be?"

_

Sebastian entered the servant's quarters with a solemn expression plastered on his face. His eyes drifted from Tanaka to Meyrin before he set his sights on the kitchen. Prince Soma certainly seemed to be enjoying himself in there. Sebastian did have to give Claude a little bit of credit for knowing Soma's culture's fondness of the brewed drink.

Upon entering the kitchen, Sebastian was greeted with the sight of a jubilant Soma and a very pleased looking Agni. Everyone in the Phantomhive household, aside from the master and Mr. Lau, seemed to be congregating in the kitchen to see where the delicious aroma was coming from. Sebastian forgot how something like this could smell so good to humans. To him it was nothing more than another odor wafting through the air.

"And here I thought that your skills were limited to perfecting what was already there." Sebastian remarked as he moved closer to Claude. He kept his eyes trained on Prince Soma who was eagerly speaking to Agni about the coffee.

"It seems that you have found your way onto the Prince's good side." he said, eyeing the espresso machine. What had possessed him to bring that along? "Does your master favour these exotic concoctions as well?"  
Switch and Seme Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff