Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doctor Who: The Time Vortex

Back to Guilds

Tags: TARDIS, Doctor, Cybermen, Gallifrey, Dalek 

Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
I'm Probably thinking too hard but.. (spoilers?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenshin-Sofia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:12 am
I've always wondered why River still exists after Rory is erased from time. I guess something like that would have required the ultimate spoiler before hand but I don't know. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:13 pm
I thought only the memory of his existence was erased? sweatdrop I need to rewatch those episodes.  

TriSarahTops_93

Seasonal Regular

7,450 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DiscordWhovian

Junior Genius

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Well River was born way after that so I guess it all worked out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:00 am
Because he came back as the Roman, and it was after that when she was born. As a rule of time, whatever happens, happens. So on the large scale of time he was always going to come back after he was erased, so that one incident doesn't stop her existence from happening. It's kind of hard to explain. Haha.  

Oodisphere

Zakharias

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm
The Universe was rebooted in the Big Bang, Rory technically never died as it's a new universe. What I keep thinking about is that if this is a new universe, does that mean the Doctor could be on his first regeneration again.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:08 am
not really.... for he is the one and only time lord out side of the time war.... and we know how the universe would solve two doctors at once... and since he existed out side of the "new universe" then he is the old the new the one and only.... The Doctor..... so thus he is not on his first regen....although he is an enigma.... mostly because of the tardis.... for it is not quite the normal tardis...... for it is time it's self.... so far as i can assume....and we all know that it stole him not he stole it.... if you know the old doctor then you know that no one could even get into The Tardis. untill him it was even scheduled to be decommissioned and destroyed.... and then it opened...and now we have the doctor.... but as stated before the fact that river was still alive would easily clue you in that Rory would be fine some how  

krueger freddy 6

silversonic1

Mega Noob

20,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:35 pm
Kenshin-Sofia
I've always wondered why River still exists after Rory is erased from time. I guess something like that would have required the ultimate spoiler before hand but I don't know. What do you think?
Although Rory was removed from time, because Amy grew up with a crack in her wall, her memories were able to keep him from being completely removed. This is shown to be true simply by the fact that her room still held evidence of his existence when River went snooping through it. The Doctor's enemies used the intel they gathered from Amy and her home to make the Roman version of Rory. And when Amy began remembering him, it helped Rory fight back against the ones controlling his plastic body, but not before they forced him to shoot her. But yeah, even though they succeeded in Big Bang 2 and managed to restore the Universe(undoing most of the affects of the cracks in time, including Rory's death), they retained memories of the events because they were at the center of the paradox, much like with the year that never was.  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games