Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
[closed] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:25 pm
Because people like to diagnose me as a pathological...something.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:45 pm
Oink.  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:13 am
*scratches her head* where did you get all of this crap from? it sounds like something out of a really bad sci-fi/fantasy novel.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 am
Strega Mama
*scratches her head* where did you get all of this crap from? it sounds like something out of a really bad sci-fi/fantasy novel.

To be honest, I agree. It sounds so cheesy, that even if it were true, people wouldn't bother believing. My friend happen to be practicing looking into past lives. He went ahead and checked mine, though he has to make contact.

I believe him partially because he mentioned past lives that had some kind of connection with me right now that he didn't know yet, like my character Neotepid. He knew nothing about that character, but he mentioned Neolin with interesting similarities. >_> Not only that, but with Cyrus and Ephraim, well, he didn't look through me to find Cyrus. He looked into his life and found him. Ephraim was an arse. One of my friends got upset with me and said, "How are they yours, if they're interesting and you're not." I was like, "it could happen later, and that doesn't need to be relevant in my life." >_> Believe what you wish. Any feedback?  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 am
Neotepid
My friend happen to be practicing looking into past lives. He went ahead and checked mine, though he has to make contact.

why would you believe your friend would be able to do this? did it ever cross your mind he could be making things up? that all of this could just be pretend?

Quote:
I believe him partially because he mentioned past lives that had some kind of connection with me right now that he didn't know yet, like my character Neotepid. He knew nothing about that character, but he mentioned Neolin with interesting similarities. >_> Not only that, but with Cyrus and Ephraim, well, he didn't look through me to find Cyrus. He looked into his life and found him. Ephraim was an arse. One of my friends got upset with me and said, "How are they yours, if they're interesting and you're not." I was like, "it could happen later, and that doesn't need to be relevant in my life." >_> Believe what you wish. Any feedback?
perhaps its because your characters could be generic archetypes? what do these supposed fiction characters have to do with anything anyways? and finally, in the end, what does all of this have to do with *makes a sweeping gesture of her arm* the guild here? what faith system are you even basing all of this out of?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 am
Strega Mama

*sips some tea before answering* Uh... ninja
I'm just a fledgling?
With no exact pathway as of yet?
Who has encountered a friend who uses key at the end of last year
>_> BTW,  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:42 am
I'm with Strega Mama in wondering what path/faith/religion you are coming from. I think it would really help in understanding you. If only because in most magical traditions that I know of, one can work with any Element (even if one might have an affinity for one or two of them), so I'm really at a loss when you refer to him using Fire and you using Ice. It sounds like something out of an anime. >.>

Personally, I'm not sure I believe in reincarnation. But assuming we all have past lives, I'm quite sure we're not destined to meet the same people over and over again, and as such, find any stories like that suspect. (Well, unless we're talking about fiction, because I can totally see how it'd make a great fiction story.) If past lives exist, the general consensus seems to be that one goes through many lives to learn different things, and it just seems counter to that to always be meeting the same people, instead of meeting, and learning from/about, different people.

Out of curiousity, in highschool, I did some visualisation exercises that I'd found that were supposed to let me go back and see my past lives. I found I could imagine wonderful and interesting things...but I wasn't remembering anything. I was imagining it all. And so I gave the exercise up as fruitless. I didn't need to say it's past lives in order to make up a fun, or interesting story, and I preferred not to delude myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 pm
There is part of me, the part of me that thinks in Zen riddles and reminds me that I am a Discordian Pope (whether I want to be or not), that wants to be particular clever and say something both deep and silly. Something like "I used to have a past life, but the I cancelled my WoW accounts" or "I'd more prefer to talk about my current life."....though that would just be sort of psychologically self serving.

Of course I could always do it anyway, and then call myself on it ironically. That would be cool... sweatdrop

In all seriousness, the capacity for this to be so much made up fantasy can't be understated. Further, while knowing past lives is kind neat and trippy....a lot of people who believe in reincarnation also believe in it as a method for the soul to learn lessons and move on.

If you haven't learn those lessons, you'll see them again. If you have, why are you focusing on them in your current life? Focus on this life; there is plenty to learn about it! whee  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 pm
Kuroiban

Well let me put it this way. I want you to go into any other one of these threads which talks of paths. Select which ever one you think would be interesting. When one of them start speaking of being able to walk through others dreams(Inception), is able to walk through the spirit realm(multiple RPG games, some anime movies), and so on and so forth. I bet you that I wouldn't be looked at as crazy if I worded everything that was in that first post differently. In fact, if I took the time, I could make my life up to now sound like something from fantasy.

(If you read this far, note that I was partially smiling at myself when I wrote this, so no kind of harshness was intended)

We are in an age where if full blown magic does exist, why would the majority of people, even those who take arcane paths, that most of what one would say about their own experience be true. I bet you a person who actually practiced magic long enough, decided he wanted to show the world, and make a showcase of it. It'll be on Youtube, newspaper, news...and then...people will be "Whoa" but then it'll get washed over like it never happened. How could it have. That's not possible. This isn't what was written in our books by men who knew nothing of the arts or that was made to curve information retrieved from education. Too many movies and other media sources make us think that everything "crazy" isn't real but CG.

Oh, and as for my friend who told me of my lives, he only gave me a synopsis but never expounded unless I asked. That, and he has grown more powerful in magic, and he actively looks through his own pass lives to learn techniques. >_> Me no care about nonebelievers. That's up to you all.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 pm
Neotepid
We are in an age where if full blown magic does exist, why would the majority of people, even those who take arcane paths, that most of what one would say about their own experience be true. I bet you a person who actually practiced magic long enough, decided he wanted to show the world, and make a showcase of it. It'll be on Youtube, newspaper, news...and then...people will be "Whoa" but then it'll get washed over like it never happened. How could it have. That's not possible. This isn't what was written in our books by men who knew nothing of the arts or that was made to curve information retrieved from education. Too many movies and other media sources make us think that everything "crazy" isn't real but CG.

I have met the following:
*A Werewolf, curse to human form (my all time favorite claim)
*More vampires/vampyrs then you can shake a stick at.
*A group of mall rats who claimed they were aliens, and the mall was the re-purposed wreckage from the craft.
*Countless witches claiming to be of a family line pursued by witch hunters.
*Zero Actual Witch Hunters.
*The earthly manifestation of the god Chronos.

My point is that claiming things is REALLY easy. I have met people who have claimed all of these things...but none who proved it to be true. They were all just drug addicts or in a difficult spot.

I have definitely gone through my period of hearing and seeing exactly what you've described....and the explanation is far more simple then you'd guess.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm
Kuroiban
Neotepid

I have met the following:
*A Werewolf, curse to human form (my all time favorite claim)
*More vampires/vampyrs then you can shake a stick at.
*A group of mall rats who claimed they were aliens, and the mall was the re-purposed wreckage from the craft.
*Countless witches claiming to be of a family line pursued by witch hunters.
*Zero Actual Witch Hunters.
*The earthly manifestation of the god Chronos.

My point is that claiming things is REALLY easy. I have met people who have claimed all of these things...but none who proved it to be true. They were all just drug addicts or in a difficult spot.

I have definitely gone through my period of hearing and seeing exactly what you've described....and the explanation is far more simple then you'd guess.

(X(D) I understand. People do make claims when it's on false circumstance. The idea is just that there are things that happen behind the scenes that people may not believe because it's not in the mainstream of knowledge. Well there's that and the law of probability.

Let's call Average people A Now the more often A shows up in the population B appears. B happens to have a trait, circumstance, or maybe situation that is different from A, the usual stream of things.

When there is a lottery with a special number, the chances of 1 person winning is low if only one person enters. However, the more people that participate, the more likely it is for one of those people to be able to win. With that said, it may be possible for somebody to have 'stopped evil' in some kind of way. The thing is, it's a highly unlikely story because that's just not something you see except for the movies.

However, I'm done with that. If you wish for proof, then I really can't do much other than explain. Oh, and tell me more about those supposed claims. I'm interested in why mall rats say they're aliens.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm
Neotepid
However, I'm done with that. If you wish for proof, then I really can't do much other than explain. Oh, and tell me more about those supposed claims. I'm interested in why mall rats say they're aliens.

I'm not looking for proof; I'm suggesting to be wary...I've seen a lot of harm caused by people making these kinds of claims. Not like...big scary curse harm. Just a lot of broken trust, hurt feelings, and feeling foolish kind of harm.

As for the mall rat/alien thing? My guess is that most of them were into recreational drug use.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:41 pm
Kuroiban
Neotepid

I'm not looking for proof; I'm suggesting to be wary...I've seen a lot of harm caused by people making these kinds of claims. Not like...big scary curse harm. Just a lot of broken trust, hurt feelings, and feeling foolish kind of harm.

As for the mall rat/alien thing? My guess is that most of them were into recreational drug use.

LOL! Sounds like they just had one hell of a good trip. Well, as far as I'm concerned, whether true(for most is) or not, it still helps supply inspiration and ideas for story writing. Though, it does make me go back and edit some things to make sure it's "accurate".

Oh, do you want to wish to hear another claim that may be a bit of malarky?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 am
Neotepid

Sure. smile  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:17 am
Kuroiban
Neotepid

Sure. smile

Well, here's the truth for some people.

Truth through observation:

When writers(mostly RP'ers as the must breathe the character) write for a character, the y slowly start thinking like them. More they work with them, the stronger it gets. Sometimes a character may indirectly have some kind of quality of the writer. By fueling that character, you slowly start acting like them, purely because you're rewriting your brain to THINK like them, so you can properly write for them.

My claim:
So, I created a character named Null Void who is suppose to be a parody of Marvel's Deadpool. Now, Null is a crazy nutjob who pretty much messes with people. He was funny. Anyways, he get into many situations where he should get hurt yet somehow come out unscathed. After a while, my friend asked me if Null is a genius because his movements are...'insane' but it all seems to be straightforward if you add plot. So, I was like, "Yeah, sure." Now, through suggestions, he kept growing.

Anyways, after a while, seeing how Null is perversed and creepy, I started saying, "Oh, yeah, he's a voice in my head"(I talk to myself so much in my head, I best as well have voices[though, I sometimes think in a conversational patter] or, "Yeah, he's a demon that I created." Suddenly, it started becoming a bit more...apparent.

Null started voicing through some of my work, and after a while, I couldn't type for nobody but. Now, as I told one of my friends this, she said Null and I have a kinship. I told her he was a grue, chaos beast, blah blah, and she said that he's possibly real, and I'm like, "OMG, I got a creeper in my head!" But, he manifests the more I worry about it. Now I got a monster in my head that I talk to every once in a while oiut of sheer boredom.

In other words

I have given birth to monster that needed a face that currently resides in my head. His name is Null, he likes strolls down a beach at night, reading a book by warm fire, tormenting people, raping the dead, and acting like an idiot for sheer laughs. (X(D) Oh, and he also created a new expansion in my mind chiefly so he could have a place for himself.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff