Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sacred Grove

Back to Guilds

A guild for Pagans of all stripes. Spirituality and religion-focused, celebrating nature and the gods. 

Tags: Paganism, Pagan, witchcraft, Goddess, Wicca 

Reply General Discussion
Essays for New Pagans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What charity?
  Animal shelter
  Cancer research
  Alzheimers research
  Homeless shelter
  WSPA
  Child's Play
  Other
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Sounds great! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm
Imma kinda steal Yami's idea here and do the same.  

TheyCallMeJustiursa

Witty Sex Symbol

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Crew

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm
cat_scream You're welcome
lol cat_xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:19 pm
So kinda off topic but still about TIP.
But I was on the Google+ page looking at who's got TIP in their circles and is it kinda bad that I get a weird feeling about some of the groups that have added TIP?
(If you want a new thread on this I'll move it to a new thread)  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Crew

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:17 pm
What sort of weird feeling? Just, like, a wiggens?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:47 pm
First, what's wiggens?

Second, I just get a bad feeling. A little like the feeling I get when something I'm reading is really iffy and I can't tell if its actually fluffy or not.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Crew

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Thorns and Spices

Familiar Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:53 pm
A wiggens is just a weird feeling. Like getting the creeps only not necessarily dodgy, just... not right. Buffy slang, sorry whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 pm
My whole "pagan" circle on Google+ is full of fluffies (not all of them, but a good bit) - probably not so much of the "willfully ignorant" type, just more of the general misinformation type. Right now on Google+ (at least in the pagan community) people are just randomly adding each other like crazy. I have no issue doing that right now, since it just gives us more of an opportunity to advertise when we need to.

When I get time, I really need to go through and see if I can start sorting some of my circle into separate paths, I think at this point I've got a little of everything in there.  

too2sweet
Crew

Tipsy Fairy

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Crew

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 pm
Sang: Its alright. I knew it was slang for something. I just wanted to make sure what it was slang for before I said yes or no to it.

Sweet: Ok. I was just wondering when I was glancing over it like "Wait wha-? Do they even know what they're supporting?"
But the hope I ended up getting when I saw them all was "Maybe. Just maybe these people will actually read it and be able to learn and grow from it."
But I see I got added in the circle ^.^ I'm actually kinda curious and people don't have to answer or can PM me if they want but I'm kinda curious as to who you guys are if you're in the TIP circle.
Oh and I added TIP to my blog and I started making flyers to advertise TIP in my area.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 pm
I still would like to be a part of this. I could do an essay of Paganism from a seeker's perspective because I have done basic cover research on Asatru, Kemeticism, and Hellenic paganism. I have a few books on each of them I can use.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Esiris
Crew

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:09 pm
I could include my English 102 paper on Wicca.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:28 pm
I have some essays that would need to be refined (meaning actual quotes required and making a bibliography) posted on my Blog  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Esiris
Crew

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm
For the essays- how many citations should we have? My paper requires at least 10- 2 scholarly journal articles, 2 credible books and 2 credible websites plus 4 or more to make 10+  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 pm
Esiris
For the essays- how many citations should we have? My paper requires at least 10- 2 scholarly journal articles, 2 credible books and 2 credible websites plus 4 or more to make 10+

I don't think it's terribly important. These aren't academic after all. Maybe 3? It would depend on the subject and how many sources are available. Just write the thing and then stick sources in afterwards, same thing as you do with uni.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:44 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Esiris

I don't think it's terribly important. These aren't academic after all. Maybe 3? It would depend on the subject and how many sources are available. Just write the thing and then stick sources in afterwards, same thing as you do with uni.

rofl rofl rofl

I didn't do that at Uni! I worked really hard on my paper! It took me two hours to write, damnit! xd  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff