Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Raving Roleplaying of Radical.....R-something
Baton-brand Justice (Nerd x Zylo 1x1) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 497 498 499 500 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:34 pm
"S-Sorry." Opal said before taking her own seat to eat.

"Umm, okay, though I'm kind of busy..." Candice said.

Saina tiredly looked up at Furnace, not even seeming to register the heat as she yawned, "Oh, hello there."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:47 pm
Xiaoa ate with quite good manners once she wasn't at a height disadvantage with her meal.

"Ah, yes, just considered putting on your new crown, did you?" Hazama asked, his eyes opening, revealing his golden iris'.

"What are you doing wandering around at this time of night? It's dangerous for pretty girls like you." Furnace warned.  

Zylo the Wolfbane
Captain

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 pm
The food was actually really good, at least by mortal standards, especially after the touch of magic Opal had used to enhance the flavor further.

Candice was silent for a moment before quickly closing and locking the door.

"I was just doing some research for a friend. Did you just come from that ship over there?" Saina asked, motioning to Felatia's new party boat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:59 pm
"Hmm, you are quite skilled at your craft." Xiaoa complimented.

Hazama sighed, adjusting his tie, then stepping right through the solid door, "Now that was just rude, here I was about to warn you of its dangers and you close the door on me?" He asked, "I thought RPA taught its students better manners." He said, shaking his head. "You are aware that the crown is possessed by a demon, correct?"

Furnace glanced back at the ship, "Ah, yes, but I doubt I'll be participating." He said, looking back to Saina. "I prefer to keep my fighting strictly to business."  

Zylo the Wolfbane
Captain

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:05 pm
Opal smiled, "Thank you. I'm hoping to become a chef someday..." she said, glancing at her sister, knowing her disappointment.

Candice jumped in surprise, backing away from Hazama, "Wh-Who are you?"

Saina smiled, pepping up slightly, "Oh thank the gods, you've been inside, it's too easy for people to ward against scrying these days..." she said, returning a bit to her normal, peppy self, if still tired, "Do you mind helping a girl out?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:13 pm
Onyxette just grumbled something indistinct.

"Is that so? An odd profession for one of your kin, but that has never stopped others I suppose." Xiaoa said calmly.

"As I said, I'm Hazama." He said brightly, tipping his hat politely. "I and my companions travel the world seeking out dangerous relics that could bring harm to the innocent, and keep them from falling into the wrong hands."

Furnace raised an eyebrow, not that it was visible through his mask. "Perhaps. It depends on what you're trying to do."  

Zylo the Wolfbane
Captain

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 pm
Opal nodded as she ate, "Yeah... I just never saw much appeal to becoming a wizard..."

"W-Wait, and I'm wrong hands?" Candice said, moving to try and hide her tomes on the occult behind her.

"Like I said, I'm doing some research for a friend on that boat, but... for various reasons, I can't really go inside. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a look around for me? I'll make it worth your while..." Saina said, smiling hopefully.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:13 pm
"Perhaps alchemy would suit you better." Xiaoa said calmly, "Many great alchemists were equally great cooks."

Hazama laughed lightly, "I've not the slightest idea!" He said cheerfully, "But your hands might be stripped of such a powerful artifact BY the wrong hands." He pointed out.

"That doesn't answer my question." Furnace pointed out flatly.  

Zylo the Wolfbane
Captain

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:17 pm
"Maybe... it's really expensive, though, and I just like cooking." Opal said.

"O...kay..." Candice said, still notably worried by her intruder.

"How so?" Saina asked, "I'm just trying to find out more about what's inside."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:38 pm
"Alchemy pays for itself, due to the completed works selling for more than the combined ingredients." Xiaoa replied.

"So, we'd like to ask you to hand the crown over to us for safe keeping." Hazama said easily, "Of course, you're free to come research it as you wish under watch, we just wouldn't want anything bad to happen after all. It's important to take precautions with such powerful artifacts, as I'm sure you know."

"You haven't told me what you intend to DO with the information." Furnace said.  

Zylo the Wolfbane
Captain

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:45 pm
"W-Well yes, but there's still the initial costs and... well... I don't make a whole lot of money as it is..." Opal said.

"...It took me months to save up enough to buy it..." Candice said sadly.

"I'm gathering it for a friend. They didn't say what they wanted to do it with. Pleeeeaaase? I'd go in myself but I can't, and in return I can help you deal with all that pent up spunk you have." Saina said, having gotten pretty good at lying over the years, and using a bit of magic to find Furnace's most immediate problems.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:08 pm
Xiaoa frowned at Opal, "You lack even the funds to purchase basic materials?" She asked.

"Oh don't worry." Hazama said cheerfully, "We'll of course compensate you generously for any losses, and as I said, you're free to study it in safety." He said cheerfully, "In fact, we're always looking for talented individuals willing to study such artifacts, seeking ways to make them safe for use, or ways to further seal dangerous powers. Is that something that might interest you?" He asked, smiling his cheerful thin smile.

Furnace leaned down to look Saina in the eye, "If you use this information for ill, it will not go well for you." He said quietly. "And I'd rather not harm such a beautiful woman."  

Zylo the Wolfbane
Captain

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:14 pm
"W-Well, ingredients aren't too bad, but I don't have any of the proper tools, and... well... ever since my sister moved in I've been buying more food... and a few tomes she wanted... b-besides, I'm trying to save up some extra cash." Opal said, knowing how much her sister valued studying.

"I... don't know..." Candice said, her occult studies always having been more of a hobby than something she seriously considered pursuing as a profession.

Saina smiled brightly, "So you'll help me?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:34 pm
"Hmph, and you have not joined a party to challenge some monsters or a dungeon to obtain the funds?" Xiaoa asked.

"Of course, of course. It's not a decision to be made quickly, and you have your studies here to focus on as well." Hazama said, drawing a sleek business card from his jacket and offering it to Candice, "Trace the rune on the right side if you wish to contact me." He explained.

"I will, though I'm not sure if you'll even get close to handling me." Furnace said, standing, "And if you or your 'friend' try anything bad, you'll be dealing with me." He said firmly.  

Zylo the Wolfbane
Captain

jikkplo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:41 pm
"Wh-What?" Opal asked, a bit surprised at what Xiaoa said.

"I... okay..." Candice said, taking the card.

Saina grinned and hugged Furnace, her magic shimmering as it protected her from his great heat before pulling a pendant out of... somewhere, "Here, wear this. It'll allow me to see and hear everything you do. Just go inside and take a look around, especially the labs if you can find them, my friend is a huge science nut."  
Raving Roleplaying of Radical.....R-something

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 497 498 499 500 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games