Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:03 pm
Forums and Subforms; where to post?

We're pretty laid back about where you are allowed to post. But in order to keep the main forum from becoming too bloated there are many popular topics to be found in our subforums. If after reviewing all the different subforums you are still unclear where to post, feel free to start a new topic in the main forum. If needed, it can always be moved later on.

Threads will remain on the main forum until they have run their course (ie.. they are no longer active, or they have completed their purpose as in the case of real life events, holidays, or Gaian storylines). After the thread has run it's course it will either be deleted or moved to the archive.

You may not start a new thread in order to ask for items or gold, or for advertizing purposes.

Member Activity

There is no quota of posts you have to maintain - but we do periodically remove members due to lack of activity. This is not meant as a punishment. It just makes it much easier to keep track of guild membership. If you find yourself removed due to lack of activity, it is not a ban and you are welcome to re-join us at any time.

What is defined as lack of activity? A general rule of thumb is no posts in over three months. This will vary depending on how active someone has been in the guild. A brand new member who hasn't posted at all will probably be removed after a month. If someone has been a regular poster for a long time, they probably won't be removed unless six months to a year (in some cases longer) go by without any posts.

Member-run contests

Members are allowed to run contests on the main forum. All that is required is to get the go ahead from the Captain or Vice Captain before starting your contest. If you wish to award prizes you can either fund them yourself or can request a prize budget from the guild treasury (AGA-PAT3000). Asking members to send donations directly to you for the contest is not allowed. (some exceptions may be granted)
Some examples of contests are dice rolls, beauty contests, writing contests, riddles, trivia questions, etc. -use your imagination smile just get permission before starting. Short term contests are preferable.

Common Sense Etiquette

*** have fun and be decent to each other***

Despite us all being adults and understanding what the Gaia TOS means, misunderstandings and hurt feelings sometimes can happen. Do your best to give other people the benefit of the doubt and don't be afraid to just walk away from the computer before you post something you might regret later.

If an argument does arise between you and another member, do not air it out on the forums. If you can't deal with the issue in private, please ask a moderator for help.

And finally.. please, for all our sakes, avoid chat speak. Believe me when I say you won't be taken seriously if you use it.

If you have any other concerns or questions, please don't be shy about sending me or one of the other moderators (Lilygwen, Camwen, and Sammirah) a pm. smile

~Lilygwen (AGA Captain)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 pm
DONATIONS

Donations are appreciated but absolutely not required

Donations make it possible for us to run great contests, be able to send out nice gifts to guildies on their birthday's or gaia-versaries, and help out members on their quests.

Below you will find our Donation F.A.Q. If you have any questions that are not answered here feel free to pm me.

Should I just donate on the front page of the guild?

No. Donations to the guild front page, only serves for creating new sub-forums and paying for guild announcements. The money that is put there can not be used for anything else, so PLEASE refrain from donating on the main page.

I have a ton of extra items. What can I do with all this junk??

Tired of fish and flowers? Got too many quest items that won't sell? AGA has it's very own Junk Tree. Any items you don't want and don't have the time to sell, feel free to add to the Junk Tree. Simply send a donation to AGA-PAT3000 with "Junk Tree" in the trade name.

Do you accept rare items or monthly collectibles?

Rare Items are always loved. The better donations we receive, the better the prizes end up in our many contests. Just send that unwanted rarity in a trade to AGA-PAT3000

I just sold a ton of stuff and don't know what to do with all this gold?

Got too much gold? Don't know what to do with it all? Tired of burning holes in all your favorite pairs of pants? Well AGA-PAT3000 is here to help! Send over any unwanted gold and I'll make it shine and put it to good use here in our great guild!

I sent in a trade and it hasn't been accepted yet. Should I cancel it?

It is possible that the Captain or Vice Captain has not logged into the treasury account in a few days. PM the Captain or one of the crew members to make sure we are aware of the trade.

What if I want a donation to go to a specific contest or event?

Just make a note of it in trade comment or send a pm to AGA-PAT3000 describing what you would like your donation to be used for.

How do I know you aren't just blowing the money on anti-rust buffs and waxes?

If you wish to keep an eye on how much gold the guild currently has, and what donations are being used for, all you need to do is friend the treasury account (AGA-PAT3000)

Friends to the account may view the treasury log by going to the profile journal.

Also, we love to thank people for their donations by mentioning them in the log. But if you would prefer your donation remain anonymous please let us know.

*Note: For those who don't know, the AGA-PAT3000 account is maintained by the guild's Vice/Captains. When you pm her, you reach them.  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces