Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:35 pm
Not everyone puts their main focus on God.

Some tend to, oh, iono, make their main focus living instead.

I know I do. You tend to miss things when you're constantly thinking about one subject.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm
Also God says to NOT JUDGE OTHERS. Constantly throwing bible quotes and telling people they are wrong is not the way to convert people. Be compassionate and loving and accept people regardless of their religion.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:45 pm
I love you Ame heart heart

Personally, I think the bible itself is warped. It was written by mortal men with prejudices, like everyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 pm
Exactly. I do believe in God. I don't really consider God to be male though, or female. I usually refer to God as he though, because I tend to refer to a lot of things as he for some reason. Anyhoo I think "He" is too big for gender.

Also agreed about the bible. Bible is flawed because it was written by man.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:39 pm
The only thing, technically, written by god was the Ten commandments, right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:05 pm
Mama Ame
Exactly. I do believe in God. I don't really consider God to be male though, or female. I usually refer to God as he though, because I tend to refer to a lot of things as he for some reason. Anyhoo I think "He" is too big for gender.

Except cars. And boats. And other mechanical doohickers.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:36 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame

those have vaginas.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:41 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

those have vaginas.

Vajayjay  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:54 pm
Mama Ame

There's NOTHING "flawed" about the Bible! God told those men what to write in the Bible, thus it is God's Word. Tell me, how is it so-called "flawed"?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:03 pm
How about the contradictions between the new and old testament? (God: don’t eat cloven animals. Jesus: its ok just watch what comes out of your mouth.) Or the excluded sections? Or the time discrepancies? Does god really hate shrimp? He made them. And although god showed the writer’s visions mortals cannot hold full divinity within. That is a biblical truth to know gods face or voice would surely bring death for example. However this isn’t the place for that all. Simply put there is a god to me personally there can be absolutely no doubt. However the nature of good an evil has always been a human obsession as has been the need to corner our fellow human beings into acceptable practices of social interaction. Seems to me the central message was love. True open total love. Somewhere the rest mucked it up.  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:08 pm
Gyzvx
How about the contradictions between the new and old testament? (God: don’t eat cloven animals. Jesus: its ok just watch what comes out of your mouth.) Or the excluded sections? Or the time discrepancies? Does god really hate shrimp? He made them. And although god showed the writer’s visions mortals cannot hold full divinity within. That is a biblical truth to know gods face or voice would surely bring death for example. However this isn’t the place for that all. Simply put there is a god to me personally there can be absolutely no doubt. However the nature of good an evil has always been a human obsession as has been the need to corner our fellow human beings into acceptable practices of social interaction. Seems to me the central message was love. True open total love. Somewhere the rest mucked it up.
I love you so very much. You just summed it all up. heart heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 pm
Word. I'm religious...I guess. It's weird. Damn this science. <3  

Eruresto

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:33 am
You know the Bible was written a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG TIME AGOand translations could have been misinterpreted, lost or changed.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 pm
Mama Ame
You know the Bible was written a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG TIME AGOand translations could have been misinterpreted, lost or changed.
Not too mention that, at least in the case of the Old Testament, much of the translation is guesswork at best. Dat Biblical Hebrew.  

Eruresto

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:04 pm
Eruresto
Mama Ame
Not too mention that, at least in the case of the Old Testament, much of the translation is guesswork at best. Dat Biblical Hebrew.

And of course no one nowadays would dare try to retranslate it for fear of something being changed!  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff