Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Moon Phases and what they mean Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 pm
Can someone enlighten me in what the moon phases are and what they mean? I've seen so many different things that I don't know what to believe so I would like to know from someone that actually knows what they are talking about. I hope my question isn't vague.

Edit: And I think I have the wrong forum. I'm sorry if I do. I'm still learning the layout of the place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:55 pm
Are you talking about astrology or like a specific religion or tradition?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:27 pm
In regards to Wicca.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:41 pm
Why Wicca? question  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm
KathrinGreenwood
In regards to Wicca.

I'm always a fan of these kinds of conversations- but what kinds of discussions have you had with your HP or HPS on it?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:56 pm
kage no neko
Why Wicca? question

Because that's what I'm studying.

@Esiris: I'm sorry. I don't know those terms. Can you elaborate them please. I haven't got anyone to talk about with things like this. Surrounded by hypocritical Christians doesn't make for a good setting to even think about this "devil religion" (it's what they would call it if they knew I was studying it). I hope that made sense.  

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:07 pm
KathrinGreenwood

Because that's what I'm studying.
Who are you studying with?

Quote:
@Esiris: I'm sorry. I don't know those terms. Can you elaborate them please. I haven't got anyone to talk about with things like this. Surrounded by hypocritical Christians doesn't make for a good setting to even think about this "devil religion" (it's what they would call it if they knew I was studying it). I hope that made sense.

HP is High Priest and HPS is High Priestess.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:09 pm
Sadly, I'm studying alone, but I'm seeking out a Coven to join somehow. I know a lot of things are secret since some things are only shared with people of one Coven. If this is one of these, please feel free to let me know.

Also, I feel like I should have known that but my brain didn't register it at all. Fail on my part.  

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:18 pm
I don't know anything about Wicca's stance on moon phases.

But I do suggest being more open minded. Not that I'm saying you're being close minded. Just... there's lots of religions out there. Even unnamed ones. You can even make your own! There is a LOT to learn, so don't just stop and get hung up over this one problem. Just keep it in mind as you continue to look around.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:29 pm
KathrinGreenwood
Sadly, I'm studying alone, but I'm seeking out a Coven to join somehow. I know a lot of things are secret since some things are only shared with people of one Coven. If this is one of these, please feel free to let me know.

Also, I feel like I should have known that but my brain didn't register it at all. Fail on my part.

Don't worry too much about it- I think your HP and HPS should be your main source of information though.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:32 pm
I'm not in a Coven and I don't know where to find one in a city that's surrounded by hypocritical Christians and people who view Wicca a satanic religion. That's why I asked here.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:34 pm
kage no neko
I don't know anything about Wicca's stance on moon phases.

But I do suggest being more open minded. Not that I'm saying you're being close minded. Just... there's lots of religions out there. Even unnamed ones. You can even make your own! There is a LOT to learn, so don't just stop and get hung up over this one problem. Just keep it in mind as you continue to look around.

I'm just curious. I know that the moon has a great impact in some way with Wiccans and I'm just curious what that is.  

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:54 pm
KathrinGreenwood

I'm just curious. I know that the moon has a great impact in some way with Wiccans and I'm just curious what that is.

I think some of the teachings of the moon in Wicca are probably limited to initiates. The goddess of Wicca is a moon goddess, and there is a ritual that involves calling down the person of the Lady into the body of the high priestess that is known as "Drawing Down the Moon".

You may find something in "Wicca: the old religion in the new millennium" or similar. It's been way too long since I've read it though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
KathrinGreenwood

I think some of the teachings of the moon in Wicca are probably limited to initiates. The goddess of Wicca is a moon goddess, and there is a ritual that involves calling down the person of the Lady into the body of the high priestess that is known as "Drawing Down the Moon".

You may find something in "Wicca: the old religion in the new millennium" or similar. It's been way too long since I've read it though.

Thank you for replying. I take it this happens in Covens? I wish I knew one that was around here.  

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 pm
KathrinGreenwood
I'm not in a Coven and I don't know where to find one in a city that's surrounded by hypocritical Christians and people who view Wicca a satanic religion. That's why I asked here.

Hi. This may seem nitpicky, and not exactly relevant to the topic at hand, but must you always preface "Christians" with "hypocritical"? To say that all Christians are hypocritical is rather an unfair generalisation, and it's making me a bit uncomfortable because even when I was a Christian, I did my best to be open-minded and not hypocritical, and I know there are other Christians who are likewise. So, uh, just a bit of a head's up, yeah? sweatdrop

As to your actual question, I've read that the waxing moon represents increase, and the waning moon, decrease. Which makes sense, really; the waxing moon is getting bigger, and the waning moon is getting smaller. But I do not know what Wicca-specific practice there is in relation to the moon.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff