Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 pm
User Image

Faina knew exactly where she was and exactly who she was looking for- and exactly what to expect when she came face to face with the idiot again. She wasn't stupid but she was stubborn. Joining a pride was unexpected but they were welcoming to outsiders and so she had an easy time getting the opportunity to walk around. She had denied the offer of a guide though she knew she was being kept an eye on, as would be the case in any good pride, of course, even when she was small enough she'd have a hard time causing any major trouble.

The main thing Faina didn't know was exactly where she needed to go now that she was in the right area. Had she accepted a guide and explained her full purpose, she might have had an easier time but she was happy to walk around. This was an interesting pride.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yuuta was tending the shrine, something that actually didn't take that much time. It was moreso dealing with the visitors that took up more time. Their questions, watching them, and cleaning up after them. Some of them weren't too bad, but some visitors weren't to careful about where they stepped.

He stood over the shrine stones, one larger than the other smaller ones littered around it. Most of them were personal ones, left behind by visitors to wish for strength in different aspects of their lives. He made sure that everything was neat, ignoring whatever may be going on around him. He had to get this done first before relaxing.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 pm
She had been walking for some time before, very suddenly, a familiar scent reached her. Taro's scent was overshadowed by that of his brother but that was not a bad thing, finding Yuuta would be a satisfactory result of this part of the little adventure she was on.

Through the trees, she spotted a familiar figure and she picked up the pace. The closer she got, the more obvious it became that it was Yuuta. And the more obvious it became that he was busy. Faina did not stop until she was close enough to carry on a conversation with him, but she stopped and stood there, waiting for him to notice her rather than drawing attention to herself right away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 pm
"Good enough," he mumbled to himself. It probably looked perfect to anyone else, but to him it just wasn't quite good enough. He'd fiddle with it more later. For now, a break!

At least, he had been hoping to take a break, but upon turning around he saw that Faina was there. Right in front of him. Bother. She must be looking for Taro...right? No one ever looked for him, they were usually looking for the devious Taro.

"Hello, Faina," he said with a nod of his head. He waited to see if she would declare her business in speaking with him.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:42 pm
"Hello, Yuuta."

Faina smiled at him for a moment before looking him up and down. It hadn't really been long enough for much to change, he still looked well, there wasn't a great need to catch up with him. Not that she shouldn't be polite.

"How are you doing?" she asked, "You two left so suddenly the other day, I wasn't sure if something happened or came up or what."

She smiled, knowing it probably wasn't anything that had come up. Taro had never seemed that serious about them, he'd probably run away.. still, it would be fun to ask. Though probably more fun to ask Taro.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:48 pm
Yuuta shrugged. "I'm fine," he said, knowing that isn't why she decided to just show up in front of him at the moment. "And you should ask Taro, he's the one that's always trying to get out of something." A wry smile spread across his face, wondering just how Taro would react to what his brother was saying about him.

"I just stick around to clean up his messes, that's all."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:54 pm
"I'd love to talk to Taro, actually, but the trouble is that I can't seem to find him," she said, beaming at the way Yuuta spoke of his brother and managing not to laugh, "I found you, though, and I know that means he's got to be around here somewhere."

Faina did laugh this time. She liked Yuuta, it would have been hard not to, but there was something about Taro. It would have made more sense to like his brother but Taro was just so ridiculous..

"Don't suppose you'd be willing to help me find him?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:00 pm
Uh oh. Yuuta knew that she meant it was Yuuta who was going to find Taro, and Faina was just going to be following along. He resisted the urge to sigh, knowing that it might just feed more into Faina's desire to find the yellow lump of fur.

"I guess I can," he answered carefully. "I'm done here for the moment, but I can't be away for too long." At least, he didn't want to return and find the place a mess. The youngsters around the pride were getting a little too bored, and a little too careless.

He brushed himself off, making sure that the shrine stones were still (almost) perfect.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm
His caution was amusing but he was willing to help so she was happy. When he commented on his shrine and his job, Faina glanced beyond him with interest as if she were just noticing it now. Since she was on her way to confronting Taro again, it was easier to put some attention elsewhere.

"This your shrine?" she asked, working on what vague knowledge she already had about the pride here, "That's what they do here, isn't it?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:12 pm
Education lesson! "Yes, this is the shrine for Strength. Visitors can visit which shrines they like, and either pray, or just visit it, or leave something behind to thank the Gods for something in their lives. I am a Keeper, and I keep this shrine neat."

He took a breath. "Taro's a Shifter, so he moves the stones around for us. Then there's Carvers, who carve the symbols into the stones. I guess...you turned down a Guide to show you where the different shrines are. Then we have some others that hunt for us who don't have time to."

Lesson: over.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm
Hmm, strength, interesting!

Faina looked over the stones as Yuuta explained what the shrine was for and how visitors could leave things behind. It was an interesting concept and it seemed interesting that Yuuta was keeper of this shrine.. but when he mentioned that Taro was a shifter and explained the other positions, she couldn't help but laugh.

"Probably all the big idiot is good for," she murmured, looking back from the rocks to Yuuta, "That's all very interesting. This is a good shrine for you, I think."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:56 pm
"Yes," Yuuta agreed with a smile, but he didn't laugh. He figured he had laughed and prodded Taro enough with the 'brawn over brains' comments in the past.

"Well, I'm certain that we can find him with not too much trouble. I thin I know where a couple shrines are under construction, so we'll just have to head over there and check it out."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:47 pm
Faina smiled back at him, though her expression turned slightly more serious when he explained the plan to track down Taro. If he was moving around rocks for shrines, that seemed a perfectly reasonable method.

"Thank you," she said.

Now she just had to plan what exactly she would say to Taro when she found him. She had some ideas but until she actually found him, it hadn't been so important to decide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:08 pm
Well, that was easy enough. "Good," Yuuta replied with a nod. At least he shouldn't be gone for too long, and the shrine should be a-ok when he got back.

"It's off in this direction, but it shouldn't be too far from here." He slowly walked off, making sure that Faina was following him.

Fin.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out