Back to Guilds

Tags: TARDIS, Doctor, Cybermen, Gallifrey, Dalek 

Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
Who Should Be Revived? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you think should be brought back?
Jenny (The Doctor's Daughter)
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
Captain Jack Harkness
42%
 42%  [ 21 ]
Authur (The Horse) :D
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 49

Foxglow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:28 am
I'd loved to have seen Sarah Jane and the Brigadier make an appearance again but both actors are dead now crying

But I agree with The Babbling Bard that it would be nice to have more of the Classic series brought into it smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:17 pm
I can suggest a few... but i fear no one will know who they are anymore.  

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

Sir Oswulf

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:55 am
Lord_Titus2012

Try me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:34 pm
Sir Oswulf
Lord_Titus2012

Try me.

The War Chief, The Doctor's Grand-daughter, The Immortals  

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

Sir Oswulf

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:48 pm
Lord_Titus2012
Sir Oswulf
Lord_Titus2012

Try me.

The War Chief could be interesting if done well. Although a part of me wonders what he adds that The Master doesn't. (Which could help explain why he never showed up again, the Master's first appearance being really only about a year after The War Chief's. If we'd been able to keep Derek Jacoby as the Master I'd be dubious. But Simm as the Master doesn't really impress me so... yeah I could see experimenting with The War Chief. Or the Meddling Monk. Or the Rani.

Susan--I had early on about whether Clara WAS Susan. Of course, most of what could be done here the writers might be just as quick to use Jenny if Georgia were to take the job. But there is something neat about tying things back to the good ol' days. smile

The immortals--didn't particularly interest me at the time. Which is not to say that a re-imagining of them doesn't have potential.

I keep finding myself wondering about the Knights of Oberon. And of course the Arthurian alternate reality. Of course--perhaps those are the realm of fanfiction.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 pm
Sir Oswulf
Lord_Titus2012
Sir Oswulf
Lord_Titus2012

Try me.

The War Chief could be interesting if done well. Although a part of me wonders what he adds that The Master doesn't. (Which could help explain why he never showed up again, the Master's first appearance being really only about a year after The War Chief's. If we'd been able to keep Derek Jacoby as the Master I'd be dubious. But Simm as the Master doesn't really impress me so... yeah I could see experimenting with The War Chief. Or the Meddling Monk. Or the Rani.

Susan--I had early on about whether Clara WAS Susan. Of course, most of what could be done here the writers might be just as quick to use Jenny if Georgia were to take the job. But there is something neat about tying things back to the good ol' days. smile

The immortals--didn't particularly interest me at the time. Which is not to say that a re-imagining of them doesn't have potential.

I keep finding myself wondering about the Knights of Oberon. And of course the Arthurian alternate reality. Of course--perhaps those are the realm of fanfiction.

From my understanding, clara is not related to the doctor... the only connection that she was in his time stream, she was reborn 1k times to save the doctor's life. Its already explained that she is human.

But more to the point... Susan was left behind in this current time line and at some point, the doctor went back and stopped the dalek's plan. this would put his grand daughter in as alternate reality, since in that reality new york was destroyed. But I like to see her come back, because he barely talks about her but mentions his grand daughter to Clara. Also something tells me that Jenny may return, because she was presumed dead. But when the doctor left, the healing kicked in and she got out of there XD.  

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

Sir Oswulf

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:40 pm
Lord_Titus2012
Sir Oswulf
Lord_Titus2012
Sir Oswulf
Lord_Titus2012

Try me.

From my understanding, clara is not related to the doctor... the only connection that she was in his time stream, she was reborn 1k times to save the doctor's life. Its already explained that she is human.

But more to the point... Susan was left behind in this current time line and at some point, the doctor went back and stopped the dalek's plan. this would put his grand daughter in as alternate reality, since in that reality new york was destroyed. But I like to see her come back, because he barely talks about her but mentions his grand daughter to Clara. Also something tells me that Jenny may return, because she was presumed dead. But when the doctor left, the healing kicked in and she got out of there XD.

Right, Clara isn't Susan. This was around the time of the Christmas special that I was thinking this. Clara's interaction with Hartnell at the beginning and end of the special makes it pretty blatant that she can't be.

I'm not sure where we're going with 'timeline's here.

He left susan in... around 2165 or so? If there were alternate universes cropping up that must have been in one of those target novelizations.

And yes, Jenny is all set up for either a re-appearance or a spin-off if Georgia were to agree to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:19 pm
Timey-Wimey Wishmaster
Neither. I pick Romana, because she is just that badass and I would really like the stories from the Classic series explored more widely, other than through Sarah Jane's reappearance in "School Reunion".
I choose Romana, too. And it would actually be a very easy excuse to bring her back. The Doctor left her in an alternate reality/universe (I can't remember exactly. She stayed to help stop a war? I think). So she wasn't present during the Time War. She could just pop up any minute now...
I'd feel bad for the Doctor though, having to explain what happened to Gallifrey to her. D:  

Ashleth

Anxious Human

iiPlastic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:09 pm
I wish they'd bring Jack back sad I miss him so much. I can't believe they aren't bringing him back for the 50th
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:18 pm
I'd pick Jenny. It'd be awesome to hear about all the insane adventures she probably had off-screen--or about companions and a time machine of her own.  

NoWordsLeft

Odelta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:57 am
Personally, I would really like to see the return of Captain Jack, and I would like to see the simultaneous return of Riversong. Though doing that might cause the end of the universe. I would also like to see the return of Jenny, she is a very interesting character. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she may return towards the end of the Twelfth Doctor's run.  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff