Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Age : A Real Fans Guild

Back to Guilds

A dragon age guild. Game focused. A rp forum is available though. 

Tags: Dragon, Dragon age origins, Bioware, Grey Warden, Dragon age 2 

Reply Dragon Age: Inquisition
Update about Dragon Age III

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:07 pm
Sorry if anyone's posted this yet; I don't think anyone has.
Anyway, we're apperantly getting a new protagonist for DA III.
This totally threw me for a loop, because I thought that both the Warden and Hawke would be main characters in the next game since (minor spoilers):
+ The Seeker is looking for both of them.
+ All of Dragon Age II seems to be simply setting up/leading up to something big with Hawke.
+ At the end of Dragon Age II, they're both in hiding. Are we supposed to believe that the series' iconic heroes are just going to run away and wait out the trouble?

So I don't know how I feel about this. The games so far have been hit or miss for me. I thought I was done with the series after Awakening because I hated it so much, but I actually really liked DA II.
Also, I was hoping having Hawke in the next game meant his/her LI would be returning, which is exciting because they've only brought back minor characters as main characters. But if they're dumping Hawke as a main character, no more Anders, Fenris, Merrill, or Isabela as companions. ):

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:24 pm
Hmm ... I guess we will have to wait and see how all of this turns out. Bioware is going to figure something out on how to put all the pieces together... they wouldn't just create this story with Hawke to just throw him/her aside like that.
I am curious to see how things will go .... I just seriously hope they don't screw things up (which I doubt they will but hey you never know).

Starlight Dragon
Crew

Sparkly Pumpkin

Demon Days

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:41 pm
I thought with Hawke's story, there'd be a big DLC like awakening or something? that was just my assumption, but who knows.

I like that DA has a new protagonist for both games, it keeps things fresh for me. (Although, of course, I would be happy with more DA1 warden if alistair were involved. whee )

I do agree about the DA1 warden-in-hiding comment. They're kind of just leaving us hanging. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:02 pm
Demon Days
I thought with Hawke's story, there'd be a big DLC like awakening or something? that was just my assumption, but who knows.

I like that DA has a new protagonist for both games, it keeps things fresh for me. (Although, of course, I would be happy with more DA1 warden if alistair were involved. whee )

I do agree about the DA1 warden-in-hiding comment. They're kind of just leaving us hanging. xp
Oh, maybe, I hadn't thought about that.
But they ended the game just when it got interesting. DA II was mostly "And then Hawke did a bunch of side quests in between long years of literally nothing happening with some interesting stuff sprinkled in between."
Finally a plot forms and the game ends.
Did they seriously save the plot for a DLC?
Either way, if that's true, I hope it's better than Awakening. I mean, that was different since the main plot was all wrapped up by the end, and the epilogue told us that the Warden and all of his/her friends live happily ever after...
They obviously plan to do something with the DA II plot, but I hope it's at least as good as DA II.

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

Krazy-Chibi

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 pm
I want to be able to choose my race again like in Origins.

I WANT TO BE A QUNARI. gonk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:31 pm
I don't mind a new character, it feels as if there is more options on how the story can go then if the main protagonist was Hawke. Plus, just because it's a new character doesn't mean you won't see any companions from DA II. The new character could be closely related to Hawke's life and story, making it almost inevitable to see the old companions again. Although, I doubt any will be LI's. Which I'm completely fine with, I already had the chance to romance you, I don't need another game to as well. Except you Alistair. You can come back.  

Talesofbiro

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff