Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:17 pm
User ImageFlik:
He wanted to be mad. He wanted to scream, yell, and shake the brains out of the bearish lion for having left him behind to deal with the angry lioness tribe. He wanted to go on a tyrade about his condition, the burrs in his fur, the rotten corpses he’d had to live on, and the nightmare of being tangled up for nearly a full day in a jungle. He wanted, badly, to unleash verbal hell on his companion- but the b*****d looked just as miserable and tired as he was. Perhaps more so.

Viktor was frustrating for any number of reasons. He was reckless for one, uncouth for two, and impossible to stay angry with for three. His intentions were always good despite his complete lack of thought when it came to his methods. He grinned like an idiot when Flik came storming in, and welcomed him as if they’d just been enjoying a fresh kill together.

Damn him.

At the friendly greeting and the warm smile, much of Flik’s anger melted away, leaving him simply exhausted and agitated.

“Next time… I would appreciate some kind of verbal agreement.” He insisted, “If you wanted to use me as bait- it would have been nice to know about it beforehand. Secondly- you never arranged a meeting point. You have no idea what I went through to get home! And thirdly- you look like hell.”

Viktor:
It was interesting to watch the shifts of emotion on the younger lion's face, Viktor's eyebrows raising as he watched it change from aggression to an anger that petered out as quickly as it came to the softer face of his friend. Lowering himself into a rough sitting position, he flickered his tail as he listened to every word that came from Flik's muzzle, rolling his shoulders softly.

"It was a situation that I had little timing for, it wasn't all cubs and fluff for me either. You have no idea how happy I am that you survived everything well . . . " He trailed off, looking over the lion again with a serious gaze, his dark eyes making sure that his friend had not suffered any life threatening accidents before returning to the context at hand.
User Image

"I had been nearly caught by some guards from the pride and had to flee before I could be taken. Not like that would have happened, but I figured you would have been better off mingling with whatever came around you than a large brute such as myself. I'm just glad to see you're in one piece."

"Did you find out anything?"

Flik:
“Mingling?” Flik spat, his eyes igniting once more. “MINGLING!?” He echoed, throwing a paw up in the air. “Those lionesses didn’t like males, Viktor. They wanted to skin my backside and spike it to the nearest tree! If I’d been just a few whiskers closer, they’d have gotten that wish! Mingling, my god…” He sat himself down and brought a paw to his forehead. Typical Viktor…

“Next time we go on a mission, I think we need to send one of the Chisou in first. Get information so we know what kind of hornet’s nest we’re knocking over. From now on, I make the plans.”

He took a deep breath and lowered his paw back to the ground. “Nothing. Not until I got back anyhow… have you spoken with Gremio? The old nanny hen’s clucking along the boarders. Worse than usual.” He corrected himself. “Apparently, there’s a pale lioness haunting the territory, claiming to have seen Neclord- or some of his followers.”

Viktor:
Viktor couldn't contain his amusement throughout all the tirade that his friend went into, his hard laugh emitting from deep within his chest, his eyes glimmering as Flik went off like, well . . like a sharp bolt of lightning. He did feel a little guilty, though, hearing what his friend went through - but he had a hard time showing it.

"Okay, okay you win." He stated suddenly, taking a deep break from his amusement to sober up a bit, sticking his mane back a bit with a large paw. "Next mission we'll try to take a couple others with us, so if there's any sort of coupe, we'll have a more solid company than just going over it With a nail like we did this time. No worries, friend." He assured Flik.

It wasn't until the younger lion started talking about a pale lioness wandering the pridegrounds. Turning his head to look around his surroundings, his eyes sharpened a little further than the usual smile that they had in them, making him look a lot older than he appeared to be. "Where, and how often is she claiming these? Could she be one of the lost, in the head that is?" he asked quietly, pinpointing on his old friend.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:33 pm
Flik:
“Next time we discuss these things before we rush into them.” He corrected sharply, “And we plan. And we know what it is we’re getting into. Our luck might run out one of these days, Viktor. The last time we all jumped into something headlong, we nearly lost Gremio- we might have lost all our lives.” Of course, that was years ago- and mostly Tir’s being a reckless youth. Even Viktor, of all people, had gotten a bad feeling about that particular mission.

Flik’s expression tightened again as he shrugged. “I don’t know. Gremio spoke with one of the performers about it, so I’m hearing it from a third degree source you might say. On my way back I heard nothing of vampires. The rogues seemed oblivious.”

He cleared his throat and looked to the side. “…and I might have encountered a lady.”  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:46 pm
Viktor:

"That's a little short-sighted of you to put that story on my shoudlers again, Flik." He said shortly, raising an eyebrow to his friend. They had all been young during the early rule of Chokwe, before they had the wisdom that they supported their decisions nowadays on. He gave his friend a sour look, before lightening up a little, back to regular Viktor, at least.

"Well, I'll have to talk to Gremio a little bit later on today - just to see what's up with that. Any information is always good for us, I like to believe." He murmured, before cocking an eyebrow to his friend. "So . . . what about this lady, hm, Playboy?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 pm
Flik:
Flik made a face, his eyes narrowing. Short-sighted as it was, it was a very decent, very heavy example. They couldn't afford to make mistakes like that... it was because of such mistakes that they'd both lost their mates, that they nearly lost a member of their company...

"It's part of our past, Viktor. If we forget our past we're doomed to repeat it."

Flik cleared his throat and ducked his shoulders. He considered withholding the event- but Viktor would just find out eventually and give him -more- hell for not telling him right away. It was just his luck.

"I'm hardly a playboy! It was a mistake.. I just... I was lost and she offered me something to eat and a place to stay." He sank down into his shoulders and muttered, barely above a whisper and nearly a growl, "Andshemighthavecubs..."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:35 pm
Viktor:

He let the previous conversation slide, only addressing it with a soft turn of his head, his eyes lowering down to the ground below his massive paws, nodding softly as the younger lion conversed to him. He knew it was history, but sometimes that was where it should be. They had all made mistakes, and sometimes it just didn't fit to dwell on such situations. They were both safe, there were no spores, or body limbs lost, like an arm or a paw or whatnot, so he decided to quell that.

Clearing his throat, he smiled up at his friend from his dark corner of thinking, listening to the frustration and worry just flow out of the "Blue Lightning" as he had been known to call. He was right, he was known to be a playboy - and that's what his friend banked on. not every woman craved to be beside such a large brute such as he was, so he had used his friend's charm to divert the attention on himself.

"Details, I require them, you should know this." It was a little shameless, but after all the arguments, Flik always had more fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:30 pm
Flik:

Details. Leave it to Viktor to want details... of course there were some he would never reveal- those moments were between himself and the lioness he'd romanced.

"I was... lost. Hungry. Tired." He began, his tone clipped. "She offered me a place to lay down... her own den. I... I was weak. Everyone- damnit Viktor, it was like the savannah was out to get me! meeting someone nice... with a soft voice. She reminded me of..."

He looked up and sat himself upright. This was nonsense. Their love lives had nothing to do with anything! "We need to get our strength back. As soon as it's safe to do so- I want to investigate these rumors of vampires further. If we find some still clinging to life, we need to dispatch them."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:11 pm
Viktor:

He couldn't help but lid his eyes a little, only showing a bit of the amusement that bubbled in his chest at the aggrivation that the younger lion showed whenever he was curious about his friends on-goings. Flik had always been the life of the party - the dashing devil who was around the corner to woo and subdue the ladies whenever they needed a good way out. But he understood what the pause in the story was . . . and he felt bad still for Flik's loss.

Knowing that he was getting on again meant that he was trying to make something of his life again, and that made him content to know that he wasn't just wilting away. "Sometimes all we need is the warmth of a lady to get over things . . . I know, I know, I put you in a situation again, and I'm sure you're angry with me. But you of all lions should know it will go away with time. We found interesting information - you found a lady to meet. We both went hungry and we smell and we're dirty and you made a friend. I just have this stinking hide to carry around to show that I got anything out of this." He finally stated, grinning.

"Fair's fair?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:54 pm
Flik:
Viktor was always the positive one. Leave it to him to make light out of a frustrating or dire situation. Unable to carry his irritation any longer, the blond-maned lion rose up from his haunches and took in a deep breath, swelling his chest. They had to move on... forgive and press on. Never forget.

"Fair's fair." He waved a paw and shook his head. "Anyway. We both have people we need to speak with, this matter cannot be left unattended to. Rumors have a way of leading back to some truth."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 pm
Viktor:

"Mmm." Was all the larger lion could come out with as he watched his friend come closer. It was good to know that to them, all was fair, in the end, they saw each other eye to eye and no one went away without coming and confronting it.

Nodding softly to his friend as he passed him, he looked down to catch the edge of the blonde mane as Flik passed him. He knew how serious everything should be, and only let the facade drop only when he was alone. He couldn't let such a great pride see the large brute so serious about any situation . . . he always worried it would wreck them. So he was big and strong.

"Be careful on your way Flik, you never know when another vagrant woman swoops in and takes your heart." He jested at the shadow of his friend as he was left alone.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games