Welcome to Gaia! ::

AND IN THE NAME OF AWESOME I WILL PUNISH YOU!!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for Sailor Moon fans that have experienced all of the mega-series! 

Tags: Sailor Moon, Bishoujo Senshi, Sera Myu, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Naoko Takeuchi 

Reply Sailor Moon Anime & Manga
Fighting the Fan Dumb Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am
~*~*~*~ The Fan Dumb is Fail ~*~*~*~

language~
If there are any other example of Fan Dumb out there that you are aware of, feel free to contribute. heart

So I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this or not, but here it goes! Sometimes instead of using the Future Lady Soldier Gari tiara item for Sailor Moon I use the Path of Luna moon item. Not only is it a moon, but I think it just looks adorable with her hair. (It's also vastly cheaper!) Usually when I do this I get the response of:

"ILUHSRFIUHEBLKJFBEJNEKFKFFISHRF WHAT THE ******** ARE YOU DOING!? YOU ******** SATANIST CLASSIC SAILOR MOON NEVER HAS THE ******** CRESCENT MOON ON HER FOREHEAD! WHAT ARE YOU ******** RETARDED OR SOMETHING!?!?! YOU SHOULD GO DIE IN A FIRE FOR BEING SO ******** RETARDED!"

Or something to that effect, you get the point. Well. This is what I have to say to that:

User Image

This happens in episode 34 so please leave me alone. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 am
Similar to the crescent moon item, I sometimes get a lot of flack for also using the Future Lady Soldier Gari head barrette/wing item on Classic Sailor Moon. Though in the anime Classic Sailor Moon does not have the head decorations, in the manga she has them. From the beginning:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And in PGSM:

User Image

So please stop telling me I'm 'wrong' for putting them on Classic Sailor Moon.  

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Illumina Vierge

Benevolent Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 am
For years I've gotten the whole, "You're wrong about this, wrong about that. Sailor Moon never did this, or never did that." I just, "LoL!" Some people watch one or two episodes of Sailor Moon and think it gives them trolling rights. As such is usually the case, my own inner troll kicks in, and I'll be like, "WTF, you actually watch that show. Get away from me you gay little $%&$^# before I report you to your mom!" But that's just me fighting troll fire with troll fire, which I'll admit, I do enjoy. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am
Splendid Sailor Venus
For years I've gotten the whole, "You're wrong about this, wrong about that. Sailor Moon never did this, or never did that." I just, "LoL!" Some people watch one or two episodes of Sailor Moon and think it gives them trolling rights. As such is usually the case, my own inner troll kicks in, and I'll be like, "WTF, you actually watch that show. Get away from me you gay little $%&$^# before I report you to your mom!" But that's just me fighting troll fire with troll fire, which I'll admit, I do enjoy. twisted

You might wanna watch out with that. sweatdrop But I'd be lying if I said I can get a temper myself when I'm trolled, call me naive but I have a hard time realizing that I'm getting into it with someone. gonk The fan dumb annoys me the most, since I consider myself at least somewhat knowledgeable of SM. I can't stand it when someone tells me stuff like above, how she 'never' did something.

Hopefully we can debunk some of that here, all we need to do is think of examples. 3nodding  

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Illumina Vierge

Benevolent Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:16 pm
Oh, examples you say. Here's one I run into a lot lol. You know how Sailor Moon has her whole line of, "I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you! I will right wrongs and triumph over evil and that means you!" routine? The words actually vary a lot throughout the series. Well, a lot of people insist she only says this one way all the time. But anyone who's seen the series knows that she says this at least twenty different ways. I've been accused of getting the quote wrong when I mention any one of them. For example, "I am Sailor Moon! I stand for love. And I also stand for justice. And in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" There's tons of variances. I think she even refers to chores once while saying it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 pm
Splendid Sailor Venus
Oh, examples you say. Here's one I run into a lot lol. You know how Sailor Moon has her whole line of, "I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you! I will right wrongs and triumph over evil and that means you!" routine? The words actually vary a lot throughout the series. Well, a lot of people insist she only says this one way all the time. But anyone who's seen the series knows that she says this at least twenty different ways. I've been accused of getting the quote wrong when I mention any one of them. For example, "I am Sailor Moon! I stand for love. And I also stand for justice. And in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" There's tons of variances. I think she even refers to chores once while saying it.

Good example! Especially if you keep in mind the dubbed and subbed versions in mind:

First Episode Subbed:

"For Love and Justice, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Moon! In the name of the moon I will punish you!"

First Episode Dubbed:

"I am Sailor Moon, champion of justice! On behalf of the moon, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!"

And anyone who's watched more then a few episodes knows that she usually says something building up to that, which varies widely depending on the situation. Yeah there's the classic iconic speech but it's said numerous ways in every canon.

Like here in Episode 99:

Sailor Moon: "For Love and Justice
Sailor Chibi Moon: "The pretty suited sailor soldiers
Sailor Moon: "Sailor Moon!
Sailor Chibi Moon: "Sailor Chibi Moon!
Sailor Moon: "In the name of the Moon
Both: "We shall punish you!"  

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:28 pm
Sailor Cosmos/Chibi Chibi

User Image

This is going to take a while. As we all know Sailor Cosmos has a confusing story that is only exasperated when we take into consideration the events in the anime and the manga. The anime is more straightforward so let's start off with that.

ANIME:

Chibi Chibi is found randomly one day and assumes a Chibiusa like roll rather quickly in the Tsukino household. She's very mysterious at first and has a very limited vocabulary. The Senshi try to figure out who she is and hypothesize that she's from the future somewhere, maybe as Usagi's second child. Pluto informs them that she is only aware of the Neo-Queen having one daughter.

In the distant past Sailor Galaxia sealed Choas within herself. As it began to eat away at her sanity she abandoned her star seed to keep it safe and allowed it to wander the Galaxy, where it landed on Earth as Chibi Chibi. She was the Light of Hope the Starlights were looking for to defeat Chaos. She turned herself into the Sword of Sealing so Sailor Moon could defeat Chaos, but Sailor Moon didn't like that option. The sword broke and Sailor Moon defeated Chaos without it. At the end Chibi Chibi reappears and disappears along with Galaxia after she was cured of evil. Galaxia felt the need to return all the stolen star seeds, it's implied that Chibi Chibi went with her.

This continuity is pretty solid on who Chibi Chibi is.

MANGA:

In the manga Chibi Chibi shows up at the Tsukino household and once more assumes a Chibiusa-like role. The Senshi speculate who she should be but no one specific answer is ever stated nor implied. Through the entire Stars Arc Chibi Chibi helps Usagi through the defeat of Chaos and Usagi constantly wonders who she is, because Chibi Chibi only gives vague responses such as "I am Me" (or however you want to translate that.)

The Asteroid Senshi do appear with Chibiusa and debate on Chibi Chibi's origins as well. It's implied that she's not Usagi's second daughter, BUT later on when she turns from Chibi Chibi to Sailor Cosmos they suddenly recognize her as the ultimate future form of S. Moon.

FAN THEORIES AND WHY THEY ARE NOT TECHNICALLY INCORRECT:

★ Sailor Cosmos is the future Senshi form of Usagi. Even though it's may be implied that Sailor Moon loses her powers she still will have her star seed no matter what and can easily turn into a new stronger Senshi.
★ A very distant reincarnation of the current S. Moon somewhere in the future similar to how she was reincarnated at the beginning of SM at a point in time when there was trouble. The 'history always repeats itself' theory?
★ Sailor Moon from an alternate future that was cancelled out after Chaos was defeated due to Eternal Sailor Moon's bravery in the present that allowed everything to reset back to a more peaceful time of history.

★ Vague descendant of Usagi. Potentially Chibiusa's child. (Potentially Usagi's child, only vaguely implied that she isn't.) As stated above, the Asteroids suddenly recognized her after she revealed her true form, (and really nothing is stopping Neo Queen Serenity from having another daughter later in her life so this does not clash with canon.) Also we don't know what changes happened to the future at the end of the manga. So this theory is NOT cancelled out in canon!

★ ★ ★ Naoko Takeuchi intended Sailor Cosmos to be ambiguous to everyone, including herself. ★ ★ ★

So in other words Sailor Cosmos, Chibi Chibi, and the unseen future are basically interpreted as however the ********> the individual fan wants to interpret them as. It's not a far stretch of the imagination to fit any of these theories within manga canon. Each theory can be easily spliced into canon by a fanfic writer or just by general fan conversation. Please stop insisting that any ideas behind Sailor Cosmos is automatically raping canon, because it's simply not true because the manga does not explain it.

Also, please Fan Dumb, keep in mind that these are only THEORIES that rely heavily on fan OPINION and INTERPRETATION OF EVENTS in the manga. Yes, the anime continuity leaves a lot less up to interpretation but you can't just write off the manga continuity because, believe it or not, it's the same franchise. Thank you. mad  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:43 pm
I shake my head to this. Usagi DOES have a crescent moon on her forehead. Specially in Stars when her Eternal Fuku has no tiara, but a crescent moon on her forehead instead *gasp* What about her Princess and Queen form?

She wore her hair berets in the manga the day she first transformed to her Enternal form. In the anime, they appeared when she became Super Moon to her Eternal form. Same goes for Chibi Moon.

As for the catch phrase each time they battle, ALL Senshi's change their catch phrase once in awhile. They don't say the same catch phrase through out the series, or whatever.

Maybe these "fans" should pay more attention then thinking they know everything.  

Sailor Jupit3r

Romantic Senshi

14,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 am
Sailor Jupit3r
I shake my head to this. Usagi DOES have a crescent moon on her forehead. Specially in Stars when her Eternal Fuku has no tiara, but a crescent moon on her forehead instead *gasp* What about her Princess and Queen form?

She wore her hair berets in the manga the day she first transformed to her Enternal form. In the anime, they appeared when she became Super Moon to her Eternal form. Same goes for Chibi Moon.

As for the catch phrase each time they battle, ALL Senshi's change their catch phrase once in awhile. They don't say the same catch phrase through out the series, or whatever.

Maybe these "fans" should pay more attention then thinking they know everything.

Completely agree! heart The hair barrettes/feathers is the one that bothers me the most, because it shows that these so called 'huge fans' have only watched the anime (probably not very well, because they tend to be the same people that have outbursts over the rest of this stuff) and have ignored the rest of the meta series entirely. It's really fan dumb at its worst. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:36 pm
Okay so this complaint isn't about canon but it's about Gaia's flavor of fanon for Sailor Moon. It's no secret that there are some really good items for Sailor Moon and Senshi for our avatars. However, there are a few things that fall short and don't live up to the true blue Sailor Moon image. Basically it boils down to there are quite a few varied ways that you can pull off a Sailor Moon avatar that still resembles the canon senshi. However I find a specific fan will demand that everyone follows *their* items for Senshi. Regardless of if you're on color/shape or not a certain fan or fan group will insist viciously that you are wrong for having an opinion that differs from theirs. Let's go over some options for Classic Sailor Moon shall we?

Ex 1 - Gloves:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are at least three different ways one can pull off Senshi gloves in a way that will layer in Gaia.

Ex 2 - Shirts/Sleeves:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are over 7 different ways to pull off either the sleeves for SM or the classic "V" shaped fuku, NOT counting combinations.

Ex 3 - Shoes:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are over 20 different ways to pull off the boots for SM simply keeping to a red or white/red theme NOT including sock and shoe combinations...

and that only covers ONE character. Also, I doubt I've covered all of the options. Yet even with all of these potential items you'll still get that fan in the crowd that insists you're using 'atrocious' items on your avatar and you did it completely wrong. WTF? There's no obvious one way to make an SM avatar on Gaia. Get. Over. It. Some people need to learn how to stop being prudes and realize that opinions aren't wrong. stressed  

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 pm
On a similar note I find if I don't use these eyes for Usagi:

I am wrong and my opinion is Wrong and the other eyes I used were WRONG and what I think about it does not matter. Period. What is it with that? Yeah, I think they look cute on the Senshi but there are other eyes that are just as fitting...WTF? Aren't the heart eyes cute enough?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:27 pm
Yours looks pretty damn awesome by the way. 3nodding  

Illumina Vierge

Benevolent Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:38 pm
Splendid Sailor Venus
Yours looks pretty damn awesome by the way. 3nodding

Thanks, I like your hat...paintbrush...hair thing. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 am
Fun Fact: Sailor Moon is the definition of the magical girl genre.

I say fact because it is a FACT that Sailor Moon had a major impact on the genre and is one of the major reasons why it is defined how it is today.

People have argued with me over this, saying that Sailor Moon is just another Magical Girl show that had NOTHING to do with the definition of the genre because of shows that came before it. Yes, there were shows that had some ...SOME... some of the same elements before it, but Sailor Moon is the first to include dynamic story telling with sentai action and strong main characters. The genre basically didn't exist as a whole genre before Sailor Moon defined it, and separated the stories like it that came before it as Magical Girl (as opposed to just plain Shojo) because SM brought together a definite model for what the genre is.

According to some SM fans I've had the displeasure of talking to SM did not do this and is in fact completely ripping off Cutey Honey. No, I'm not denying that CH is a Magical Girl show but it did not define the genre like Sailor Moon did because it lacked the sentai action that Sailor Moon does. It's a known fact that CH had a distinct impact on SM and allowed it to become what it did, so I'm very grateful for it myself, because without similar shows the definition would probably not be what it is today.

Just so I am making myself clear, SM is not the only show out there that created Magical Girl Genre but did have a massive impact on it to the point of defining what the genre is. Even if you still disagree with it defining the genre, ignoring any impact that it had on the genre is simply asinine.  

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Sailor Jupit3r

Romantic Senshi

14,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 pm
You forgot to add the EG veil (which was used back then before we have stuff now) and the red stiletto boots. There is other secret layering for gloves ninja  
Sailor Moon Anime & Manga

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff