Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:41 am
Did anyone go see the final Harry Potter film yet? What did you guys think of it?

I went to see it at midnight with a group of friends and I thought it was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect movie to end Harry Potter. I did cry a bit (actually I cried a lot).

So, do you guys have any thoughts to share on the final installment in the series?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:55 pm
Just a friendly suggestion, but I think you should say that there might be spoilers in this thread. Because I don't wanna have to be careful about what I say because I've seen and read all of them.

I went to go see it at 11:15 yesterday morning with my boyfriend, and we both agreed that it was the best of all the movies. I willed myself not to cry, but I had to...when Snape died, when Fred and Lupin were lying there dead, and when Snape was crying over Lily in the little flashback thingie. Lots of action, it wasn't so much of a romance this time. It makes me wanna go back and read the whole series again.

The only thing I didn't really like was that they took out the part with Fred and Percy when Percy made a joke, and Fred stopped and was like "Percy, you actually made a joke?!" and then he was killed and Percy was crying over him. I wanted to see that in the movie...but at least they kept in the "Not my daughter, you b***h!" part. And I loved that everyone in the theater was cheering when Neville killed Nagini and saved the world again. biggrin

Flarityxx18

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:44 pm
Oh! wasn't it though?! I swear, my mom and I both teared up with Snape! The whole theatre was crying around us.

Also, i don't think it's much of a spoiler if you read the book...anyways.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 am
o8Orobouros8o

Well, there are people that haven't read the book (or any of the books, for that matter) who also haven't seen the movie yet. I know there must be people on here that only see the movies.  

Flarityxx18

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:22 pm
CousinsSubmarineSandwich
o8Orobouros8o

Well, there are people that haven't read the book (or any of the books, for that matter) who also haven't seen the movie yet. I know there must be people on here that only see the movies.

With everything on the web and facebook I'm pretty sure they already know. It's been known in fanfics and on forums for a few years now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:43 pm
Well, I'm glad that you guys all liked the movie (I enjoyed it immensely). And I didn't really cry until Snape died and then the whole thing with the memories and everything. At that point, I started sobbing so much that my friend actually gave me a napkin (we had no tissues). But as for the spoilers, one of my friends, who actually belongs to this guild, went to see part 1 with a friend of ours, and she's only read through book 4 I believe, and I swore I told her everything that happened in the rest of the books, and so when Dobby died, she just stared at the screen and was all like, "What? Dobby died?" and our friend was like, "What, you didn't know that?" And apparently she didn't, so I just put that so if it's something like, it doesn't ruin the movie for someone.  

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:37 am
o8Orobouros8o
CousinsSubmarineSandwich
o8Orobouros8o

With everything on the web and facebook I'm pretty sure they already know. It's been known in fanfics and on forums for a few years now.

Well, speaking for myself, if my friend hadn't told me what happened in the book before I got to reading it, I wouldn't have known until I either saw the movie or read the book. I think it's a good idea, just in case there is someone on here that doesn't know and doesn't wanna know. Those people were probably careful to not read fanfics and go on forums that had spoilers in them.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 am
Jedi Knight26
Well, I'm glad that you guys all liked the movie (I enjoyed it immensely). And I didn't really cry until Snape died and then the whole thing with the memories and everything. At that point, I started sobbing so much that my friend actually gave me a napkin (we had no tissues). But as for the spoilers, one of my friends, who actually belongs to this guild, went to see part 1 with a friend of ours, and she's only read through book 4 I believe, and I swore I told her everything that happened in the rest of the books, and so when Dobby died, she just stared at the screen and was all like, "What? Dobby died?" and our friend was like, "What, you didn't know that?" And apparently she didn't, so I just put that so if it's something like, it doesn't ruin the movie for someone.

Hahah, yeah. I am silently cursing myself for not reading the books before the movies.
I went to see part 2, and I also cried when Snape died. I had to hold in my sobbs because I was sitting in the smack middle of the theater surrounded by old people.
sad

uncommonbby

Beloved Bookworm

SuperKoolPartyGal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:24 pm
I too went at midnight with about nine of my friends. It was great! We got there first and a friendly theatre manager let us in early! We got to sit while others stood in what looked like a mosh pit.

I loved the movie itself. I cried many times...I cried the second...and third time I saw it as well haha

I finally got to see my ship set sail. About freakin time if you ask me haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:32 pm
I saw it at Midnight as well, but I went to the drive-in to see it with a couple of friends. I bawled when Snape died, and Fred, and when Harry was in the woods, and his parents, Sirius, and Lupin came. I always cry when I read that part in the book. crying I loved how Ron and Hermione were in the Chamber and the water hits them and then out of no where they start kissing, lol that made me laugh so hard. blaugh
I wish desperately that it was on DVD right now so that I could watch it again, and again....and again and again and again lol. whee

Misty_wolf_of Alagaesia

Quotable Guildswoman

6,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items