Submit

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 am
I may be one of the younger in the 3G here but I agree and find it's hilarious that they assume that only children are here and should be the only ones here. I tell others straight up how old I am and I still manage to make friends with some of the youngsters and offer any advice if I can and their down. I find that the result of that dreaded age question is either they think it's great or they completely flip out and panic smilies/icon_rofl.gif I'm usually on several RP's at once when I'm online but I'm happy to join in for a chat n RP if anyone is lonely smilies/icon_3nodding.gif After all...with age comes wisdom and experience...but also the ability to be a kid when you want smilies/icon_xd.gif  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:35 am
I've been through very similar circumstances. It's gotten to the point that I don't even share my age with anyone in towns or whatever. If anyone asks, I'll say I'm 16: believable, and not too old yet. *sigh*  

koopabrat

Sparkly Genius

13,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Matasoga

Witty Ladykiller

26,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 pm
I actually typically get mistaken for being older, because of my manner of speaking and how I present myself. In my experience, the age that you will be presumed to be has more to do with these factors than any others. Even those who I speak with that are older than I often joke about how I seem to be the older of the two of us.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 am
Me. I am a twenty-something year old female and whenever I talk about anime, some people assume I am an obnoxious 14 year old fangirl, which I am not. Honestly.... some people... equal: ARGH!  

Sailor pandabear

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Magnus DeWinter

Savage Restorer

12,400 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 am
I know the feeling. I remember getting the original pokemon red (Oh how I loved the old massive game boy)when it came out. I head into the threads and people assume I'm twelve. then someone drops the age question.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 pm
I'm 51 and I made the first page in the Bleach Poll. I had to tell my daughter what happened in episode 63 of Full Metal Alchemist, because she can't stay up that late anymore.
I use to explain my age before accepting a friend request. Now, most friend requests get declined, because it's just easier that way. Unless I am in a Guild, I don't mention my age.  

Purtie

Obsessive Elder

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:05 am
smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif I normally don't go onto Gaia that much but since I've been involved in RPs since the beginning of this year I've been a little more active than before. I also avoid the main Gaia forums like the plague. I'm quite boring. lol. I just stay within the confines of the guilds I'm in.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 am
I clear up that problem with calling myself everyone's creepy uncle  

Lex The Forgotten of BoB

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200

thaskarin

Familiar Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 am
I used to RP all the time in Gaia. I've kinda found myself drifting away from them. I sometimes feel a little uncomfortable telling my age in towns.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:41 am
Happened to me several times, not even going to name them due the waist of energy it would take.

We all have had our share of the " act your age " crap.

What younger souls don't realize is the simple fact of the matter is that one should enjoy themselves regardless of age not place petty limitations for fear of some a** hats or Idiots viewing them a certain way.

If those sheeple really cared they would stop wagging their tongs, flapping their jaws, and start enjoying themselves instead of causing themselves more stress just because someone of a older age decided to have some fun rp ing  

Demarkual

Tricky Tactician

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Alan Kinoki

Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 am
When they ask me how old I am I tell them the truth.

I'm old enough to be creepy. Wanna be friends? ~_^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am
smilies/icon_rofl.gifsmilies/icon_rofl.gifsmilies/icon_rofl.gifsmilies/icon_rofl.gif I...love that!  

Liada Trovaras

thaskarin

Familiar Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm
Usually people are completely unsurprised to hear my age.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 pm
My response to the age question ... "Old enough to know better." smilies/icon_3nodding.gif  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out