Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Me and Gays? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GodIsNotReal101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:55 am
Yes im a girl. And im confused. Why do i keep on making friends with gays? Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against them at ALL but every time i get a friend they are always gay. Why is this? o_O  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:03 am
Because we are cooler and more fun than straight people! rofl  

bollier

GodIsNotReal101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:38 am
I can agree to that.
And gay people seem to be more accepting of the way you look and dont judge you. Maybe it's because they know they aren't gonna ******** you anyway. But they just seem more.... friendly than straight people.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 am
For some reason my whole friendbase consists of either lesbian or lesbian-leaning girls. For the record, I'm a transmale, but I was never involved in the "lesbian scene" so to speak, so I don't know why this happened xD

Perhaps you're open-minded and easygoing, someone they trust and want to hang around with, knowing you won't hate them for who they are? I don't think there's any single magic trait you have, but these most likely are contributors.  

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

GodIsNotReal101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:04 am
That is a good reason. Thank you for posting that. I will think about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:28 pm
probably the same reason why most of my friends are straight XD  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Rin Loveless

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:26 pm
Maybe gays are the people who can see how awesome you are!! xd Lol, I personally don't have any lesbian friends, are friends with a lot of bisexual guys, and am mostly confessed to by straight boys (who know i'm a lesbian. Seriously, why???)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 pm
There is no such thing as "coincidence" when it comes to any connection with other people. You are related to/attracted to/friends with people who share common interests. Although the interests may not be apparent on first glance, they are always present (usually understated).

Basically, the reason why your friends turn out to be gay is because you have an affinity towards people of similar features, not because they're gay. I'm not saying that you're a gay-guy-magnet (F$#%, I wish I was one). Rather, your personality, interests, dislikes, points-of-view, etc. are what lure people of the same context.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:53 pm
I dont think that your sexuality contributes to how "awesome" you are

We really shouldnt be saying were better than straight people, its just creating more of a divide.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:56 pm
My sister does it too. Lol. Thank you all who posted. :3  

GodIsNotReal101

Ciel Nite

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 pm
x Dane x Black x Thorn x
Yes im a girl. And im confused. Why do i keep on making friends with gays? Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against them at ALL but every time i get a friend they are always gay. Why is this? o_O

cuz we are friendly and relatable lol  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 am
outside of my boyfriend
i dont have any gay best friends which kinda sucks my best friends are all straight...
i have a lesbian friend and a bi (pretty sure he will end up gay) friend
and a gay acquaintance who just kind of invades my personal space i dont mind but i'm still surprised every time he does something ...

i hope i have more gay friends... not too gay though :  

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:34 am
lgtenos
There is no such thing as "coincidence" when it comes to any connection with other people. You are related to/attracted to/friends with people who share common interests. Although the interests may not be apparent on first glance, they are always present (usually understated).

Basically, the reason why your friends turn out to be gay is because you have an affinity towards people of similar features, not because they're gay. I'm not saying that you're a gay-guy-magnet (F$#%, I wish I was one). Rather, your personality, interests, dislikes, points-of-view, etc. are what lure people of the same context.

and looks. you would be amazed by the amount of groups of friends ive seen where they all look the same xd

also some people do go out of their way to get gay friends. ive seen it happen and im trying to do it myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 pm
lgtenos summed it up perfectly.

bollier

No, we aren't. neutral There are just as many idiots in the gay community as there are in the straight community.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:57 pm
bollier

EPIC FTW!!!! this is very true