Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
LGBT Groups in schools Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 am
Our school doesn't have a GSA. We don't have any groups. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:36 am
My college has a GSA club, and I went to a few of the meetings with friends last year, but I didn't go back this year. They don't really accomplish much, just spend a lot of time talking about what they might do.
They did go to some LGBTA gathering in... St. Louis I think? I'm not sure; I couldn't afford to go. I heard that the President of the club was a complete control freak the entire time.
Anyway, I'm not going this year because the two friends that I went with before stopped taking classes at my school, and the President has some kind of problem with my girlfriend that has apparently extended to me, and I don't feel like dealing with him. There was one other girl in the group that was kinda fun, and she still goes there, but I never really got her name and don't see her around much (I think she's a nursing student, so she's in a separate part of the building from us computer students.)  

Dante_Sonata

x-Madame_Chaos-x

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 am
My school is totally against anything LGBT. I live in Texas, guys... -_-' They nearly canceled prom last year because one of the seniors was Bi and wanted to bring her girlfriend at the time. She broke up with her to go to prom. I think thats just messed up.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:50 pm
hmmm....I'm not sure if we have one. i go to a quaker school, so people are pretty accepting in first place. there is the "rainbow club," which might be our quakerly version of the GSA. also with our name, we don't have to add in all the extra letters to make it politically correct  

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:14 pm
I live in Texas and there is a Gay-Straight Alliance at our high-school.
I'm going to join it next year 3nodding
Our middle school though has a rule against people saying "gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, pansexual" and so on…
I think they have that rule though since students are constantly using "gay" as an insult stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:21 am
They should sad

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff