Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Holding hands, just to show we're gay. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 pm
Not really, it's not about showing that we're gay. I like to do it beacuse...i like it, and if straight people can, why can't i? my love for my boyfriend is no different.

what do you think? holding hands in public.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 pm
My girlfriend and I hold hands all the time.
I never really thought about it much - it just seems like a natural occurrence in relationships to me.

ErthGrl9870

Friendly Conversationalist

Kelai_Caberin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:36 pm
I walk arm-in-arm with one of my friends, and we're not even dating. not close to it. Holding hands is fine, but I'm against extreme PDA with any type of relationship. I just dont wanna see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:10 am
as long as you arent eating each other's faces off in public i dont see the issuue. a little pda is fine, light kisses, holding hands, and cute things like that are alright in my book  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:56 am
I think holding hands is what everyone is capable of doing whether they are straight, gay, lesbian, or bisexual. Even best friends can hold hands.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 am
I just hold hands with someone because I want to. There's no ulterior motive or plot behind it. It's just something that happens between friends, lovers, family, etc.

On a side note, years ago me and my sisters would all hold hands while walking around my town for s&g and people used to think we were all lesbians with each other....and I'm like "No, people, those are my older sisters..."
gonk  

Ayame_Rikimayu

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:55 am
I have never been comfortable participating in any sort of PDA, holding hands included, but it doesn't bother me when other people hold hands. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, I agree all couples have rights to holding hands and the like, and that I do, or at least should, have the right to be involved in some PDA with a partner, but it's not like I'd constantly adverise myself. Just a bit of hand holding if I felt like it.

(Brushes by Obsidian Dawn)

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 am
I hold hands with my best friend. And there isn`t even anything going on. Like, she dates a guy, and I`m... just not interested.

Maybe it`s different for guys, though (even though it shouldn`t be).

Also, as to kissing and whatever- as long as it`s affectionate and not sexual, I`m OK. Really, I think it`s more up to what people are comfortable showing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am
i have nothing against holding hands its something that we as humans like have programed into our dna or something but i agree with the one that said its alright to show public affection as long as it doesnt get out of hand i hold hands with my girlfriend and my boyfriend all the time half the time the three of us are together so yeah thats where i stand on this subject  

5aviors-5orrow

OG Noob

5,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Waffles! 25

TylerAnnihilate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:23 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
I just hold hands with someone because I want to. There's no ulterior motive or plot behind it. It's just something that happens between friends, lovers, family, etc.

On a side note, years ago me and my sisters would all hold hands while walking around my town for s&g and people used to think we were all lesbians with each other....and I'm like "No, people, those are my older sisters..."
gonk

hey mister, she's my sister.

Sisters?

We're close.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:26 pm
I like to because its like saying. "Yes, were gay and proud." Plus, who wouldn't want to hold hands with their boyfriend/girlfriend.  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

Visual Brian

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:14 pm
I think holding hands is fine.

Holding hands and walking really slow through crowded hallways filled with hundreds of people trying to get to class? No.

Stopping to hold each other against a wall in a super crowded hallway filled with hundreds of people trying to get to class? No.

Stopping and then making out in a super crowded hallway filled with hundreds of people trying to get to class? No.

Stopping and then making out while embracing each other so tightly that you could practically be having sex in an extremely crowded hallway filled with hundreds of people trying to get to class? No.

-.-

I think PDA stops at hand holding and little hugs. Even if someone's not in a crowded hallway I still don't think they should kiss. A peck or something cute like that is fine. Anything more is just cheap and disrespectful in my (possibly harsh?) opinion.

I don't like holding hands with friends. If other people do it I don't care, but not for me. I find it uncomfy. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:36 am
holding hands >.< <3

my straight friends just started dating each other.... awkward... its like his first real relationship with a girl and they cant stop sucking face
were playing a game and i turn around and there they are just going at it like rabbits *sigh*
so if i ever have my boyfriend and them in same room im making out with him until its very awkward.  

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

QuitchurBitchin

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:36 am
If people want to hold hands in public,they should be able to do so without worrying about people judging them.No matter what gender or sexual orientation they are.It is the 21st century,but I highly doubt that homophobia is going anywhere anytime soon. ;/  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff