Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Kendo Guild

Back to Guilds

Where kendoist can come together and share there experiences while having a good time. 

Tags: kendo, kenshi, shinai, bogu, sensei 

Reply ChitChat
Konnichwa Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WolfCarson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:28 pm
We can still train our spirits! Everyone show your zen! Ki-ai as loud as you can  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:04 pm
Nynn
Ekimal Tsan
I'm Ekimal. I've been practicing kendo at my university for three years and I achieved the rank of ikkyu only a couple weeks ago.
I also practice European fencing.
Good luck Nynn!

Thanks! I'm going to need it. Congratulations on getting your ikkyu. *high five*

Thanks! *high five*  

Ekimal Tsan

Nynn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:30 pm
Thanks for the well-wishes guys. *high fives all around* Training last night went well, but it's the performance on the day that counts, huh?

I love the mix of different cultures here. Here's hoping we can all learn a lot from each other!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:49 am
Hi there, I'm Kira smile I have been doing kendo in a local rec cent with in my town for three years. I've never really 'ranked' up though. I'm still not sure if my skills are up to standerds yet for testing sweatdrop . I'm the only girl, the shortest and youngest in my dojo. but these facts hardly ever come to mind when I'm sparing and training. Theres a nice aura in my dojo that no one is a minority. We are all are own strength, none are the same. 3nodding  

Kimiko36D

Wheezing Seeker

amsharp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:37 am
welcome kira. i know what you mean about the only girl thing. when i first started i was the youngest and only teen at the dojo. everyone else was at least 24+ .  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 am
This seems like the place everyone says hi so...
Hello, I'm from belgium and have been doing kendo for 2 years now, my grade is sankyu.
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!  

rexo

WolfCarson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:25 pm
Wow, so many senpai...Lets go out for a drink ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:14 pm
i actually wasn't the only girl when i started, there was sandan woman (who just recently went up to 4th)! however i was the youngest...everyone was about 30+...maybe a couple in their late twenties.  

LaurelinRe

10,875 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Skull 612

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm
Ah, I wanna thank ya fer inviting me 'ere gaurdian-senpai.

Hmm about me, i'm from the states, NC to be exact. I've always been interested in swords and other weapons from the past. I didn't learn kendo in any dojo though (although i'd gladly join one if there was one around), I learned the lil bit I know from a neighbor I used to live next to. I saw him go out during the day and practice in his yard, and long story short I asked him to teach me a little. Probably lived next to him for about two years and a half so I did learn quite a bit from him. Since then i've practiced by myself every day. I dunno whether i'm any good or not, i've never had an actual "match". But i'd love to someday. I hope to learn alot from you all though. *Bows*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:23 pm
teehee i was one of the few girls at my dojo but it makes it all the more fun.

Especially if you date with a guy from the club, then break up cause you don't want to lead him on anymore and then have him turn it back on you as if he was completely in the right all of the time. Jerk. Had to love my kendo big brothers that year, they were so awesome with everything.  

Chia Toma

Flamenekochan356

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 pm
Hey everyone, I'm Tataki, but people also call me Flame or Neko. 20 yrs old, over in the US. I'm currently a 3rd year in college. I'm a Nidan. Unfortunately with my chaotic schedule and new location I haven't had the time to be able to get to my dojo. With that and past issues, I havn't been able to do much if any practice for quite a while. Nice to meet you all.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:45 pm
Chia Toma
teehee i was one of the few girls at my dojo but it makes it all the more fun.

Especially if you date with a guy from the club, then break up cause you don't want to lead him on anymore and then have him turn it back on you as if he was completely in the right all of the time. Jerk. Had to love my kendo big brothers that year, they were so awesome with everything.

I have awesome big brothers back at my dojo in Australia too. blaugh At my dojo in Japan I have a lot of awesome little brothers!  

Nynn

Chia Toma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm
Whoot

Big Brothers are so awesome like that ^^ I can't wait to get back and see mine but I've got to get everything sorted out first  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 am
yep my big brothers have a wierd way of showing they care.they hit me in the head(not with a shinai, but they do that too XD) when i do something wrong.  

amsharp

Artistic Greenfox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:44 am
hi i'm from america and been practicing since 1990. i started in japan and recieved my sandan before i had to return to the u.s. i eventually recieved my yondan. and continue to teach though my health has prevented me from doing much jekeiko. i have also recieved shodan in naginata while in japan. unfortunately i could not continue practicing it because there are no dojos for naginata around my area. i enjoy teaching kendo and wanted totry it ever since my karate instructor told i probably couldn't do it because of my handicap. unknown to me it was actually a challenge that he put in me to go for it. yes i also teach karate and self defense.  
ChitChat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff