Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
QUESTIONS: Dating Multiples [click]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:56 pm
Scenario:

Person 1 (P1) and Person 2 (P2) are "dating." They have been dating for quite some time now, but they aren't in an exclusive relationship. However, P2 starts talking to other people that he/she considers potential love interests. Although P1 and P2 aren't in a relationship, they do have a connection.

And, for those who are curious, I am currently P1.
Questions:

1) How would you feel if you were P1?
2) If you were P2, how would you react if P1 accuses you of "cheating"?
3) On your own personal opinion: what is your definition of "dating"?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:02 pm
well this is just my opion but i would be hurt and angry and if i were p2 i would be slightly angry at p1 but i would understand where they were coming from and lastly from your description i wouldnt call it "dating" because you said it wasnt an exclusive relationship sooo i dont consider it dating  

darbear94

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:07 am
ive been in a multiple relationship before and it was horrible. im very much against them now

and im my opinion dating is just a fitting room where you try on potential spouses  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
I was in the in my first relationship.
I was (P1), and I was meant to be in a relationship with (P2)
(P2) Wants a girlfriend.
I said no, because I believe a relationship should be two people.
Guess who doesnt listen.
Guess whos bullshit I put up with for too long...

Questions:

1)It feels pretty horrible, if you actually consider it a relationship
2)It is cheating... isnt it?
3)Dating is two people, in a relationship. 3 people is a love triangle, and that just leads too people being hurt.

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm
To me dating is the same as being in a relationship...I don't do that whole "dating for fun" thing. Seems pretty stupid and just setting yourself up for a heart break. Even worse when people complain about breaking up. Either you're with me and no one else or you're not with me at all. If you want them instead, let's not waste both our time and just break up.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm
I like being able to date multiple people.
Being tied down to someone makes me bored and frustrated.
Also, when I'm in a relationship with someone, I end up feeling like I have all of my freedom stripped away and I get really bad anxiety. Even if I was crazy about him in the beginning, I'll end up hating him.

It seems like people see relationships these days as very black and white.
You're either in a monogamous relationship...or not seeing anyone at all.

Dating different people is healthy.

Cardinal Newman

obamaurmama

Wintry Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:24 pm
In order for that to work, ALL parties have to be on the same page. You're not, so you should break it off.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm
obamaurmama
In order for that to work, ALL parties have to be on the same page. You're not, so you should break it off.

Thank you. Best advice yet.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

obamaurmama

Wintry Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 pm
lgtenos
obamaurmama

Thank you. Best advice yet.

Sorry, I just realized I didn't actually answer the questions posted!

Questions:

If I weren't into it, I'd feel a little hurt that P2 didn't put me first. I'd probably feel like I weren't enough for him, and that's really uncomfortable and painful.
If I weren't actually cheating and P1 had no proof that they were right, then I'd be pissed off and break things off. Trust is very hard to gain, and if there isn't any there, there's not much point in keeping a relationship going (unless you've put years into it).
Getting to know a person. You have to let them know up front, though, whether you're into monogamous dating or dating around. Everyone's definition varies from everyone else's. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:23 pm
lgtenos

Questions:

1) i would feel a bit insecure, that maybe P2 doesn't feel like we're going very far in the relationship and that they're thinking of other possible routes.
2) honestly, i would probably be angry or upset by such an accusation, say things about lack of trust and such, but i would also think that P1 does care more than they would let on in the "relationship"
3) "dating?" i guess i would describe it as sharing personal time with someone you believe has potential in your life, someone you share interest with and may (or may not) have strong feelings for

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

chadolbaegi

Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 pm
I'd feel a bit jealous, and definitely very upset. It's not an exclusive relationship, though, and I might not have the "right" to feel that way, but I still would.
I would definitely feel affronted. Like I said, because it's not an exclusive relationship, it's sort of understood that the two people involved are "free agents", in a way.
Dating, to me, is when two people are together and want to be together, as a couple, regardless of how exclusive or not it is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:53 pm
Ehh seems too much

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash