Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm
THIS IS NOT A REAL ROLE-PLAY. YET. THIS IS JUST A FORMAT TEST.

OKTHXBAI.

•    •    •

File 01: Recovery

User Image

The year was 2937, exactly one decade after my creation. I was designed and built to be the Soul Core for the Armageddon, the U.S. fleet's newest and strongest vessel. I was just one of many; a single unit in a whole new wave of technological innovation. But I was also the only one to survive.

By April 29th of that year, the Armageddon was released on its first voyage into deep space. At the time, I was under the command of Captain Harold C. Manford, a man of great ambition. He led us through to the Epsilon Galaxy, where our current quarry was suspected to reside: The infinite source of harvestable energy known simply as Cosmos. All of Earth had resorted to galactic warfare over Cosmos, each country attempted to outdo the others with new technology and strategies unheard of. My siblings and I were all products of this trend.

The Armageddon was supposed to take an alternate route, to avoid the crossfire of enemy vessels. I complied with these commands, but the further into space the ship traveled, more systems began to malfunction. I had failed. My database shut down the moment before impact, so I hold no memory of the actual crash. But here is where my story begins...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:54 pm
User Image Armanys
Character format test.

User Image

Rebooting...
External damage: 0%
Networks connection: Out of range.
Current location: Unknown
Reason of last shutdown: Complete system failure.
Time elapsed since last startup: Cannot estimate.

As my system restarted, I slowly began to survey my surroundings. Having found that 46 of my optical lenses were not functional currently, I switched entirely to my real-time observational mode, which dismissed the honey comb screen pattern from my vision. I took in as much data about the standard lab room as I could, but my sensors indicated that I was yet unable to move my physical form. A human male approached from the left, approximately 5'7" in height, appeared to be in his mid to late 30's. He had combed-back black hair, with ultramarine colored eyes. Judging by his attire, this man worked within the facilities.

"Ah! Good! We were able to salvage model AM8-927-G6!" The researcher called out with what I determined as glee, to whomever was out of my range of view. He turned to face my general direction again, "Tell me, Soul, are there any other names that you would prefer to be called by?"

I opened my memory bank, searching through the files until I reached the blank spot. I dismissed the screen from my view, re-focusing on the human. "My crew previously referred to me as 'Armanys', based off my vessel's name. However, I will respond to either my model number, Armanys, or even 'Arma' for short. If you can access my HD, new names may be input with authorization from the master account." I responded to his inquiry.

He nodded, "Very well, Armanys." He reached over to the console standing beside the pod I was currently in, and pressed what I assumed was the release switch. My cable disconnected from the machine, and movement became possible. I stepped out into the lab, observing the other researchers and their projects. Automatons of similar make to my own design were being worked on, though none of them matched any records I kept of my 'siblings.' I turned around to face the first researcher again, "Sir, may I inquire about your own identity? And what knowledge of my vessel do you possess?"

"Oh! I apologize about being so scatter-brained today, Armanys. I am Sigmund Arisson, lead scientist of the SoulCore Recovery Program. We're trying to relocate and restore the original 47 Souls, and build new ones to replace those that cannot be restored. You were the first that we found, along with your ship." Sigmund explained, "All I know about the Armageddon is that it went missing about 53 years ago, with all of its crew still within. We found the ship recently, free-floating on the border of the Delta Galaxy. It was in pretty bad shape...and frankly, I'm surprised that you weren't more damaged. Armanys...don't you have any memory, whatsoever, of what occurred out there?"

I had stored everything he said within my database, for later reference. I shook my cranium to his question, "Negative. My system went into emergency shutdown the moment before. I have no memory of the actual occurrence — only the events leading up to it." I opened my radar application just then, scanning the facilities for any sign of my host vessel. To the northwest of this room existed a very large machine, though I could not identify the craft's serial number from this distance. "Sigmund. Is there any way I could gain access to the Armageddon? I desire reconnecting with its mainframe, as I may be able to extract memory data from it."

"Certainly. Please follow me, Armanys." Sigmund commanded, and I complied. He led us through a series of similar white corridors, all constructed of military-grade metal. The second hall we took to the north, then turned west, just as I had predicted. The area beyond was a hangar, spanning nearly 2 miles long and 3 miles wide. Within stood two spacecrafts, one of which I could not recognize. The second was the Armageddon, my host vessel.

The Armageddon was once the army's largest and most powerful warship, reaching an impressive one mile long, and equipped with weaponry able to terminate planets the size of Mars. Its exterior was crafted of a red metal known as Yuberium, which is commonly found in the Sigma Quadrant. The ship's interior matched the color scheme, continuing on with crimson walls, white flooring and black accents. Upon entering the vessel, however, I could immediately tell that most of it had been restored from the original. I was led into the bridge, next.

New additions had been made to this sector. A holographic starmap now projected from the floor in front of the main console, along with a new terminal standing behind my connection point. I motioned toward the metallic seat, my wires immediately began to click into place as I sat down. As my cable reconnected with the ship's plugin, all of the dormant screens in my optics buzzed back to life. A torrent of data began to download into my OS.

I glanced over at Sigmund, whom was waiting expectantly by the door. He seemed a bit...unsettled. "I am currently recovering all data within the ship's mainframe. Expected time until completion: 5 hours."

The man nodded absentmindedly, his expression eased up. "Alright, Armanys. Please remain here overnight; you'll be put through an operational test tomorrow morning. Your new crew will be introduced then."

"Understood. I shall enter hibernation mode until the designated time." I responded, then let my head fall back limply into the chair's frame. My system slowly powered down, with only the torrent of memory flooding my vision.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 pm
User Image Armanys

Re-confirmation that post format actually works.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:04 pm
User Image Armanys
•    •    •

Final post format alteration...hopefully.User Image

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 am
User Image RULES
•    •    •

◉ Follow all of Gaia's TOS: This includes but is not limited to, "No cybering," "No harassment," "No off-site redirection to avoid rules," keep everything PG-13.

◉ Literacy is a must. HOWEVER, I do NOT expect by any means a whole book per each post. In fact, I'd prefer a maximum of 5 lengthy paragraphs. My intro RP post is only so gargantuan because it was the actual first chapter of my original story.

◉ Keep OOC within brackets.

◉ No killing player-characters without the owner's written permission. NPCs, on the other hand, may be brutally murdered beyond dead.

◉ Do not hassle me (Hiddochi wolf) or anybody else about not posting frequently enough, please. I am usually a very busy person. In fact, I haven't even created another role play since July of 2010, because I knew I couldn't keep up. But robotics season is now over with, so I'm hoping to have a lot more free-time.

◉ Send characters to me, via PM. Titled "Machines have Souls, too."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

▶▸▸ CHARACTER FORMATTING: This role play is a bit different in the department of character perspective and format. I am actually allowing, if not encouraging, a first-person perspective for your MAIN CHARACTER. If you only have one character, then you have even more freedom in perspective. If you have multiple characters, you can choose to use first-person only for the main character, and must use third-person for all others. I might make exceptions if you use separate post-formats for every characters' posts.

FORMATS ARE A MUST for your first-person/main character only. I'm not picky about how pretty it is, I only care about the fact that I can tell which character is posting. Color, images, text; doesn't matter. As long as I can easily distinguish Bob's posts from Billy's.User Image

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games