Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Love troubles...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

winnlovesyou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 am
Hello everyone!

My name is Winn, and I've got a problem. I am MTF trans girl, and many many people know. (Many people still use "he" and other male things, but that's a different story) I currently have a MAJOR crush on this girl, who is just the cutest thing in the world. However, there are several problems:

1) She's Christian. (A very left wing Christian, but Christian nonetheless. It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't a die hard atheist XD)
2) I'm not sure what she would think of me as, a boy or girl, because I haven't transitioned yet.
3) I don't even know if she would go out with me.
4) She's a high school freshman, I'm a high school junior.

I just don't know what to do...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 am
1. There's nothing wrong with differing religions. Although there may be some dissonance about points of view, a true and healthy relationship looks beyond those boundaries; they look for compromise rather than conflict. In fact, I'm dating someone who is rather Christian (while I am non-preferential), and we get along well because we understand [and adjust to] our differing views of religion.

2. Don't say "I'm not sure." That phrase implies that you haven't even tried. Have you tried talking to her at all? You'll never know her stand on MTF (or any kind of trans-related aspect for that matter) until you talk to her.

3. Then get off your a** and find out.

4. You act like you've never heard of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.

Bottom-line: I just think you're a little afraid of her reaction. That's normal. Although I'm not transgender or transexual, I can understand that the level of uncertainty is high when it comes to these situations. However, you will forever remain afraid until you muster up the courage to interact. Get out there! Remember: your happiness is the most important; don't feel pressured to change yourself for someone else.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:46 am
Good advice for her Igtenos

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items