Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Advise for a Friend?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

3 p i c Fale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 am
So..I need some advice.
Or so my little sister does, and I don't know what to tell her.
I'd like some help..
Here's her story :

Hey..
Today is the day before my mothers birthday.
My parents just got divorced, and so its me, my mother, and step sister (3 p i c Fale).
They got divorced because they disagreed. You see, my mother is bisexual. My father is straight. My mother was caught with anothe woman, and my dad became furious. He filed the papers, and the next morning got up and left.
So I started thinking about Bisexuals/Lesbians/Gays. I do NOT have a problem with them, it is their choice (somewhat) on whether they are sexually craving someone of the same gender or not.
Then I realized..I'm attracted to a guy and a girl. William and Marie.
But I'm only in middle school.
7th grade.
William is straight.
Marie is openly bisexual.
William knows Im bi..Marie doesn't.
I want advise from Marie, but I dont want the rumor going around the whole school..
I dont know what to do.
A lot of my friends are against bisexuals, gays and lesbians, but probably because the haven't matured as much as I, William, Or Marie have. I want to tell them, but I'm afraid of losing my friends.
I know, most people would probably just tell me that "If they are truely you're friend, they won't judge you because of you're sexuality." And I know thats true...
What do you think?

So I want to be able to tell her its okay, but I don't know how..

Can anybody help me on what to tell her?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:52 am
Well, you could tell her to either wait until her friends are more mature and influence them to somehow accept gay/lesbian etc., or if she knows that Marie is the kind of person that won't tell anyone else if your sister doesn't want anyone to know then ask her for advise, but not in front of the other friends. Through the web maybe?

These are just suggestions and I will say now, I'm no good at advising so you'll have to decide if it's suitable or not.  

Mysteries All Around

5,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:38 pm
By the tone of your sister's note, it almost sounds like this Marie is not only openly bisexual, but is open about the identity of her partners too. I am well over their age group, but I know that middle school may be too early to come out, or even be outed. Your sister also sounds like she is discovering herself, and yet is afraid to consult her friend. And it may just be too soon to consult her mother, otherwise, she'd be the first person I'd suggest.
I dunno, at that age, its hard finding someone to take you seriously. Maybe she could find reading material? That's how I coped with most of my younger years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm
Middle school is a hellhole of a gossip mill--say nothing lest you want your sister to be forcibly outed.  

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm
Shiny Leather Boots
Middle school is a hellhole of a gossip mill--say nothing lest you want your sister to be forcibly outed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:04 am
Rumors suck just tell her how you feel and keep it a secret.

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100

linkisi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:14 pm
Sorry I'm little late to the discussion but the hard thing is middle school is kinda the hardest time for a youth cause that's when social groups really start to form and kids are nasty. If she can find a couple people to trust and truly trust about her sexuality then at least that's something but if she puts trust into people who like to blab and like drama then it could pretty much destroy her with rumors and harassment. I had one friend who I thought was my best friend and because of him I never truly trust anyone anymore. The only reason I'm open about being an MTF or whatever I'm classified as now online is cause I don't have to worry near as much as repercussions and I needed to talk to some people about things like this. All I can truly say is be careful and wait to be open about things of more an intimate matter.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games