Submit

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:16 am
Just a reminder to EVERYONE that this guild, we are friends. We shouldn't WANT to offend our friends. That doesn't mean we never let a 4-letter word slip. We are normal people! BUT we should strive to not use words that greatly offend others (basically slurs). Some of these are "retard" or "retarded", "ni**er" in regards to Black people, "f**" or "fagot" about Gays, profaning the name of Jesus Christ to Christians, or any other highly offensive names.

We are here to talk about animals, so it really shouldn't come up much, but occasionally we need reminders. 3nodding

If you are feeling offended by something said (unless you deserve it, like, "awww, these guys are picking on me because I insist on feeding my cat a vegetarian diet!") feel free to say something, but don't throw a tantrum. "He who takes offense when none is intended is a fool, he who takes offense when offense is intended is a bigger fool"

The R-Word
No God Slurs
Any other helpful sites?

So, what actually offends you?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:34 pm
I'm going to come out and say it. Not trying to start a fight here or anything but Azusanga has offended me. By reporting people for using a word she doesn't like when no where in the TOS does it say you can't use that word, nor have I ever seen before in this guild where you can't say that word...
Not to mention the fact that we're human and today these words are used more often in ways they were not originally intended. Not to mention taking away free speech.
I won't lie. The 'r word' and stuff like 'that's gay' have infiltrated my vocabulary. I may not be mentally challenged, but I am gay, and I must say 'that's so gay' does not offend me in the least bit.
There are my two cents. Sorry, I was feeling annoyed.  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:49 pm
Not much offends me. I just dont like Racist slurs since I have family that is black, asian, and mexican. But any other really dont offend me and my hubby. The hubby is bi and I have a mental development which includes brain damage and a speech impediment. So the 'R' word or Gay doesnt bother us since these two words mean different things from region to region. Gay can mean happy in my area but go up north and it would mean something completely different.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:06 pm
None of the bad words offend me to be honest.
They are just words, brush them off.
It isn't a dig deal, so don't be all butt hurt over something you cant prevent.
People are still going to say those words, and you will keep hearing them throughout life so get over it.

Just what I think.
But I try not to use bad language if I can avoid it  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:08 pm
Azusanga
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Not much offends me. I just dont like Racist slurs since I have family that is black, asian, and mexican. But any other really dont offend me and my hubby. The hubby is bi and I have a mental development which includes brain damage and a speech impediment. So the 'R' word or Gay doesnt bother us since these two words mean different things from region to region. Gay can mean happy in my area but go up north and it would mean something completely different.

Ah, see, I've never traveled around enough to know the region-to-region business. Where I am, retarded and gay are both insults, right up there with calling someone a motherf**ker. .-. yay for differences
I notice the differences from moving all over the place. When I lived in Cali I heard no slurs at all. IL I heard probably over 25 different slurs for the same thing. ^^;; my first high school would be punch for calling someone anything and then the high school that I graduate from you would get beat for calling someone a Hick or redneck. *the truth was that all the farmers called each other hicks and rednecks but if you were from a farming family and say it you would get beat after school*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:13 pm
[♫=♥]

I read from another forum...
"If you be a foggot in this forum, you're banned. Gays are welcome, not faggots."
So I'm wondering if there's a whole new definition with the word f*****t or f** since a lot of people use them without thinking of offending gay people.
I don't take offense to anything. If someone calls me a beaner, I would just shrug it off. Like they said, "Do not feed the trolls."

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:17 pm
I'm a tad confused, what is a God slur? And I'm assuming the R word is retard lol, but did you know not that long ago this was not a bad word. It was the same as saying that someone is special needs, or mentally disabled. Suddenly we can't call someone who is mentally disabled retarded because people started to use it to offend.

For me it's just a word, it originated somewhere at which point it had no negative meaning and people turn it into something bad. Like "b***h", who up and decided to call someone a female dog? and ******** simply means to fornicate under consent of king. Phoque, pronounced ******** in french, is a seal.
I think what you do and how you act is what's important, but I refrain from using certain words to be respectful of some people. But "ending the word" retarded confused no thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:03 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
I'm a tad confused, what is a God slur? And I'm assuming the R word is retard lol, but did you know not that long ago this was not a bad word. It was the same as saying that someone is special needs, or mentally disabled. Suddenly we can't call someone who is mentally disabled retarded because people started to use it to offend.

For me it's just a word, it originated somewhere at which point it had no negative meaning and people turn it into something bad. Like "b***h", who up and decided to call someone a female dog? and ******** simply means to fornicate under consent of king. Phoque, pronounced ******** in french, is a seal.
I think what you do and how you act is what's important, but I refrain from using certain words to be respectful of some people. But "ending the word" retarded confused no thanks

From what I picked up, a God slur is like 'JESUS FU**ING CHRIST, WHAT A GOD FU**ING IDIOT' or sumfin.

Idk. I'm getting attacked for pretty much saying that I'm highly offended when people call something they dislike retarded or gay. Apparently caring about how other people, NOT NECESSARILY ONES SELF, feel is a criminial offence now a days?  

Azusanga

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:21 pm
Azusanga
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

From what I picked up, a God slur is like 'JESUS FU**ING CHRIST, WHAT A GOD FU**ING IDIOT' or sumfin.

Idk. I'm getting attacked for pretty much saying that I'm highly offended when people call something they dislike retarded or gay. Apparently caring about how other people, NOT NECESSARILY ONES SELF, feel is a criminial offence now a days?

~~

Apparently.

~~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:49 pm
nothing really offends me...word wise... use to as i was growing up but that was because I was speach wise slow, since I grew up with my grandmother and a spoke like here... same happened to my little brother growing up with my father... we spoke like another generation thus our school and the children in that school figured their was something wrong with us.

I also could not pronace r's or s's (could say my names though 'Sandra' just fine, cousin Briana...wasn Banana....) and I still stumble over my words to this day.

Some would say my brother and I were retarded... yeah we were slowed when growing up. Because I deal With Retard in other aspects then humans (music, and classes) I know that it definitional is 'to slow, hinder' and the like, so if I use the word at all I am am saying something was slowed. and yeah.....

f*****t... is a bunch of sticks and twigs, where it started being something against gays I don't know. b***h... go a head and use it, i have turned made someone more than upset when I replied "yes... I am female... but last time I checked I wasn't a dog. " when he was trying to start an argument.

I will be kind and try not to use words that others my find offensive, but most of the time when I use words, with a few exceptions, I'm using them as the dictionary defines them.

I am not trying to attack anyone, i am just saying my opinion as well... and people don't always need someone to watch out for their well being... in my view if you need someone censoring the world for you, then the internet is not the best place to be. ...  

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 pm
Azusanga
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

I really hope you're not talking about me neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 pm
iDiru
Azusanga
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

I really hope you're not talking about me neutral

Hell if I know, would it offend you?  

Azusanga

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out