Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:15 am
Even if Milo didn't share his snacks, she'd asked for some. While the awakened had his eyes on her, she smiled and return with amiable cheerful gaze until he was better. "I am," Shu put her hand into the bag of snack, "thanks." Puffing the snack on one side of her cheeks, the petite Asian with dark brown hair stared at the trainee, impressed for his speed of recovery.

"It's normal to feel nauseous, dizzy, or have a minor headache, after all, you slept for a long time." She soothed. "Rhys, I dunno how much you remember, yes, here's Deus headquarter, you're on an island inside Bermuda Triangle. Deus is a military organization that works on protecting humans from evil creatures from another world and you're one of us now." She simplified what should be written in the orientation pack. "As a new trainee, you will be learning about hunters as well as another world, trained to fight under any situation with your partner." Further explanation was given. "As for your partner, I'll let Milo tell you. After that, if you've any questions, you can ask before we move on."

She smiled sweetly as she took a glance to the tall hunter besides her.

_ p a o cx

chirigami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:52 am
The bag was held out just enough for Shu to pick out a few of the goodies for herself, as she seemed to be doing. Of course, he didn't mind at all. She would maybe find some familiar things in there, like daifuku, pocky and that little box with the koala on it. Maybe some ramune candies.

Milo also stayed quiet as she went onto explain the jist of their location; amused that this was now like the second time that his female partner in pod duty had taken the lead like this. (The mention of Futurama garnered a grin from the tall Sun - because yes, he watched other things besides Power Rangers).

"Can't show you around just yet, brah." Milo chuckled since it was now his cue to explain a few things, "besides our handy dandy introduction, ya gotta head down to the weapons cover first, ya." He pointed his thumb in the general direction of where Rhys would need to go, "Can't do much around the island without it."

"The cove is where ya get your partner, your weapon. What makes you a badass Hunter." Milo paused and glanced around, his lips thinned in a line as he considered something, "eh, its a little tight in here or I'd show you Koume. She's gotten a bit bigger then the last time I pulled her out here." Maybe Shu could offer a demonstration, he gave her that sort of look to suggest it; and hey, now he'd get to see what she got.

Turning back to the new trainee, "you guys create a bond, ya. Then they help you fight and keep you alive." And now for a reference no one would get, "like in Abaranger, its pretty sweet. You get used to the voice in your head." He shrugged with a grin.

_ p a o cx
worst explanation ever

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:41 am
Nauseated, dizzy, minor headache, sore and stiff muscles.

Rhys mentally checked off the little checklist of symptoms Shu offered and added one of his own, then rubbed his temples a bit as he processed the idea of "sleeping for a long time." "What exactly is a 'long time' for getting stuck in this pod, anyway?" he asked under his breath. It was more rhetorical for him; he didn't need to know an actual answer, and not knowing said actual answer would allow for future exaggerations should he ever be the one assigned to help people when they woke up.Could be a good way to make things a little more...fun.

But instead of voicing all these things he listened quietly to the explanations that Shu and Milo offered him, committing what he could to memory despite the headache (though it was slowly ebbing away). Military. Protecting humans. Evil creatures (those shadows, he assumed). Weapon down the hall (he'd glanced toward where Milo pointed). Referred to as a partner? Required. It sounded...simple enough. Sort of.

He'd get the hang of things as time passed, he figured.

"I like the sound of 'badass hunter,' man," he eventually said when Milo had finished, then reached for the bag of food that he'd been offered earlier. His stomach was only just starting to gnaw at him, so he swiped a little box of something and started to open it before continuing. "Thanks for the snack, Milo. Uh...questions. Well, I'm not really sure what Abaranger is, and what do you mean voices in my head? Like...some kind of constant hallucination or something?"

He munched on a chocolate-filled koala as he waited on an answer from one of the two.

Meegane

chirigami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:25 pm
Undoubtedly Shu grabbed the hexagonal shape, opened it and drew out a biscuit drawn with a koala. She might be mumbling something about sadly it wasn't halloween yet when she threw one into her mouth and let the chocolate melt her heart. The petite huntress looked at Rhys nodding with smiles during Milo's explanation.

The trainee's question was met with warm smile, indicated the huntress loved smiling. "It can be as short as one year up to like two to three years, it really depends on the individuals themselves. Some sleepyheads even took longer than that." With her words, the cruel fact that a few died from pod unplugged was obliviously omitted.

Finally, she found a chance to interrupt. "Ah, Milo, I found an astronaut! I should take a picture and send to Mimsy - Sorry" Shu pulled the sleeve fabric of the Sun hunter and said, put her phone back as she realized it might not be the suitable time. "I haven't seen Koume yet, show me later when we go outside, okay? Mine? Sure, guys, give me some spaces please?" After they moved away from her, she grabbed onto her necklace and some pink lights radiated outward before a hammer appeared with a crispy tinkle. It was from the charm on the end of the shaft.

"Milo and Rhys, this's my partner, Z." The hammer that didn't look like a war hammer or any hammer that you could match with the medieval time. Instead, the pink hue and outlook made it more like a magnified toy hammer. "Like Milo said, you will get your own in the cove and you'll become badass." The amber eyes looked at Rhys was cheerful and encouraging, slightly excited.

With another flash, the hammer was gone. "Even I don't know Who's Abaranger, if you play games, it feels like summoner or witch with familiar. It's wonderful and amazing. Alright, we'd better not stuffing too much into your mind since you just woke up. If you don't have more questions, we will lead you to the cove? Your partner must be waiting for you."

_ p a o cx
Her hammer has a grief seed charm biggrin

chirigami
Pao, feel free to ask more questions biggrin

Nothing Yet
Mentioned & Mimsy ICly received a text with pic attached biggrin

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:58 pm
As per her request, Milo took a step backwards - and honestly was a little excited to see the petite hunter's weapon. "Aue! Radial Hammer!" Yet another one of those references only he would seem to get. But still, Milo was incredibly impressed by it.

"Of course, wahine!" Now address her other request, her pulled in the back to rest at his elbow (now that everyone had collected their snacks) and crossed his arms. All with a grin, "I think we might even need a spar." How he would love to go against that thing.

But that would have to wait, as they had a few more things to explain to the new trainee. Milo nodded towards the formidable looking hammer in the Death Huntress' hands, "We're not kidding when we say partner, ya. They used to be one of those creatures from Halloween, weaponized to help us. They're totally sentient, ya, and share your mind space." Milo tapped at his head.

"Anymore questions, or you finally wanna head out?"

_ p a o cx

meegane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:35 am
"So...not a hallucination?" he started to ask, until Shu warned him to take a step back. He did, and watched in silent awe (and maybe a bit of self-doubt as a part of him thought he was really hallucinating) as a hammer suddenly appeared in her hands. Still, if he could get his hands on a weapon that looked like that (hopefully minus the pink, but on par badassery-wise) he'd be pretty stoked. The bit of excitement was enough to even get a smile out him.

When they both seemed to want him to ask more questions he paused to give it some serious thought. They seemed to already go over the gist of things...but he could rack his brain for a few questions. He was curious about a few other things. He munched on another koala as he thought, pausing only briefly to watch Shu dismiss her weapon, before clearing his throat.

"Yeah, couple more questions I guess," he started slowly, before nodding toward the two. "What's with the jackets? Are all weapons the same? Or how 'bout are they all created equal? What are the chances of survival for us against those creatures? And what the hell happened to the stuff I had with me? You know, my dufflebag and stuff..." and he paused finally, curious what it was that was still gnawing at him. When it finally hit him, he looked directly at Shu. Almost gawked, actually. "And where the heck did your hammer go, Shu?"

Meegane

chirigami

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:04 am
Shu pointed at Milo, "Challenge accepted!" Even she wasn't a Sun huntress, she had a heart to get better in fighting so that she could assist her teammates in missions. She knew well that she wasn't good at medical stuff nor she had a smart brain to engage in projects that would benefit the organization. Thus, she would do her best in aspects she would, dealing with different types of weapon might be one of them.

"This?" She pulled the white coat on her petite body. "It's the hunter uniform. Whenever you're in a mission or on duty, you need to put them on." She leaned closely to speak in low voice, "Actually you're expected to wear it 24/7, but who could follow that?" It was clear that if he loitered around, he would see some not wearing it at all. "Deus is after all an military organization, so uniform is important." She resumed the volume as she moved away. "At the back of it -" She turned around to let Rhys see the crossed scythes in embroidery gold, "There is a symbol showing your division. Mine reflected that I am from Death. Standard trainee coat will be white with gold trim, when you promote, you will get a border like this on the collar, sleeve or hem to show your rank." She picked up the irregular edge to show the border she mentioned.

She then made a "victory" hand gesture with a grin. "Second question! No, they're not. Since they were all halloween creatures, the types and appearance would reflect that. From whip, spear, gun, axe, scythe to hammer, dagger, chakram, shield, with different personalities and temper, just like us human beings."

The giggles reflected she was amused by Rhys's tone, "I will skip and left the survival and belongings question to Milo to answer this question. We can't summon and hold our weapon with us all the time, that's exhausting. Thus, when they're not summoned, they will be in a totem form. Mine is a necklace." She hooked the fine chain around her neck out with a finger and took a glance at Milo, telling him it was him turn.

_ p a o cx

chirigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:23 am
Milo beamed hearing Shu accept to the spar. This would be awesome, and perhaps he could get to know the girl a little more - and what better way than with physical violence, yeah? A statement often mentioned in martial arts movies; though in a more eloquent way.

As Shu then moved into explaining what their coats meant, the brunet did his own sort of turn to display the symbol on the back of his slightly shorter coat of hopefully obvious influence. "Sun." He stated simply and spun back around.

User Image

"Aa, survival?" He blinked and scratched at his cheek briefly, "Pretty high, though there are usually tough ones in every bunch, ya. Your partner will help you fair through as much as they can but sometimes s**t happens." His lips twitched briefly in a frown before settling back into his usual smile. "Also depends on which division you'll be placed in. Suns be the front lines, heard we don't last as long, heh." He was still alive though.

Milo cleared his throat and shifted on his feet. "As for your stuff, its in your room waitin' for you, brah. You'll get that and your coat after you get through the cove."

_ p a o cx

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:44 am
Uniforms. Well, it did make sense. He wasn't much for fashion or anything, but it was a pretty...curious thing to see, two people with relatively matching coats. At least it made sense now. He accepted the answer about the weapons, too, which revived his curiosity about this "partner" of his he was supposed to be getting in the form of a weapon. He wasn't entirely certain what Milo meant when he said they were sentient and stuff, but he suspected he would soon find out.

Again he listened and observed, pulling the blanket a little closer as Shu showed off her necklace and Milo did a...weird...spinning motion. He didn't comment and simply nodded to show he understood, up to the point about the survival rates. Eventually when the cove was mentioned again he looked in the direction Milo had pointed in earlier and sighed.

Time to get it over with was the pervasive thought, so he looked over at his tour guides and mustered up as grateful of a smile as he was able. Which might have looked a bit forced, but the effort was there at least.

"Alright, I guess if I have any more questions I can just ask around?" he said as he turned to start walking toward the cove. Before he started walking off, though, he paused and took a deep breath. It suddenly looked a lot further away than earlier, when it was first mentioned. Maybe due to his nerves, or maybe his eyes were just bugging out. Either way, he looked back at Milo and Shu and asked one last question before he wandered off towards the Cove.

"Any last minute tips or tricks I should know about before I go?"

Meegane

chirigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:06 am
Shu twinkled in admiration as Milo made a powerful spin and posed handsomely, the hands gave him a quick round of applause. He surely had learned a lot from the legendary Sun leader, she thought with a sage nod. "Death is more paper work and information collecting, but it doesn't mean they won't be arranged to the front line. In urgency, hunters from all the divisions are needed." She added as supplementary note.

"Of course, you can find us anytime later. Since your room is most likely to be in basement as well, please feel free to knock my or his door." She beamed brightly and with his next question, she scooted over to him. "Since it's midnight, the path to the cove would be too dark for your eyes. Take this. You will encounter a series of stairs, mind your steps. When you're there, clear your mind and listen carefully, yourself will tell you what to do." A mini runic flashlight was passed to Rhys.

"Milo, anything you want to add?" asked the girl turned her head to the boy.

_ p a o cx

chirigami

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:46 pm
"Not that I can think of right now, ya." Milo shrugged with a little laugh, "but you can totally come find us later, ya. Room B06 for me and I think Shu is just across the hall or somethin'" He couldn't remember, he probably should have since they were practically neighbors.

meegane

_ p a o cx
shooort taaaaaag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:37 pm
"B04!" The girl cut in, "The first few rooms away from stairs. Usually door is stuck with glowing stickers, easy to find." She was already digging into her koala chocolate, seemed to be checking on each of the biscuits.

chirigami

_ p a o cx
Shooooooortttttt tag indeed.

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:18 am
B06 and B04. Rhys committed the rooms and the directions Shu gave to memory (because he was sure he wouldn't forget these as easily as he might a lot of the other details given to him in the past several minutes) before offering the two as good a smile as he was capable of mustering. "Thanks for all the help," he said simply, briefly holding up his "loot," so to speak--the blanket, flashlight, and small box of chocolate-filled koalas. He'd never been too great about expressing any sort of gratitude or affection, so the awkwardness of the situation sort of had him scratching his head (metaphorically speaking).

"I'll keep your tips in mind. And Shu, thanks for the blanket and flashlight. I'll clean 'em and give 'em back soon as I can."

With that Rhys looked on, toward the Cove, and started heading in its general direction. He only looked back once and raised a hand, a sort of goodbye (sans the waving that would normally accompany such a gesture), before looking ahead and focusing on what was to come.

Meegane
Fin! Thanks again

chirigami
you two~! :D <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:13 pm
Metallic noises assaulted her ears first, followed by a 'whoosh' and then cold air hitting her, causing her an uncomfortable amount of pain that she hadn't expected. Swallowing thickly, the girl opened her eyes, at least once before she whined and just closed them again. Nope. Bright lights. Nope nope. Painful. Uuugh.

Her whole body was starting to wake up, apparently, and it felt like s**t. It felt like her whole body was full of static from the TV. Was she sleeping for that long? ...When did she fall asleep in the first place? One hand slowly came up with a lot of whining about it to rub at one of her eyes before she took a deep breath and tried to take a step forward. She was successful for about two seconds before she realized she was in heels and ended up toppling over onto the floor of where she'd ended up.

"Nngh.."

Her voice had a husky quality from it because she'd just woken up and yet the girl somehow managed to get to her feet again, stumbling until she caught herself on a wall next to the ...pod? she came out of. Was it a pod? Both eyes open now she examined it and just wrinkled her nose. This was some kind of sci-fi fantasy crap that she'd seen on like Star Trek or something.

"Where am I?"

Pixie Nyxie

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:24 pm
Bobbi would find that her pod lid would quickly get a foot pushing it back down but it wasn't strong enough her from stepping out and finding the wall. The foot in point belonged to a tall sun hunter with bright red hair, an obnoxious look on his face and crass press of glasses up his face.

"Oi pod person, get the ******** back in your place." He smiled as he got a good look at her, full figured, 50's rockabilly going on. Maybe she could stay out.

"To answer your question, you're on a Island." Cameron shifted his clipboard and marked a tic off next to the pod number. Along with the notes of awakened. That was it cause he was a sun hunter and this sort of s**t should be done by life and death trainee's, shouldn't it? Their department.

"Deus Ex Machina, to be exact. You remember signing up for military right? Someone recruited you?"

Saint Sergio

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces