Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 89 90 91 92 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:31 am
The pods

hiss

and the gears

whir

and she says, "Mom?" (poor thing thinks she's still in bed) as she comes out of the grey shell that houses her comatose body. It feels like another crisp winter morning, but it doesn't smell like oil and metal- maybe it smells a little like metal- it smells like the hospital. She never liked the hospital much. The door

opens

and her body

sags

and it takes a moment but eventually she realizes that I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto. She takes a step before her eyes clear (she's always been sure of herself like that- trust your hands girl, not your eyes) and enters the world of Deus Ex Machina stumbling out of the machine. She thought that was rather poetic- coming out a machine- birthed by a machine- more than a machine. It fit quite nicely and she was pleased with the result.

the semblance of unity
hi u guys

pixie nyx
hello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:39 pm
The beeping made Horace frown. The monitors focus sharply on one pod in particular and a muffled hiss echoes through the speakers. He carefully marked his page. sliding his book into his pocket. [i[mom? comes through tinnily, all soft and as if she'd just woken from sleep. The sooner they got to her, the sooner they could help with the disorientation. "Looks like row 13's got a new trainee. I'll race you!" He grinned at Noemi brightly, all white teeth and dimples to hide his nerves. He was still only a trainee too, and he always worried he'd say the wrong thing. And with that, he was out of his chair and headed to the pod.

pixie nyx

chiickadee

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:49 pm
Noemi was fidgetting with a first aid kit, one of many she had brought down to refill. Though she knew Horace, she was still nervous and kept quiet most of the time. Plus he was reading and it would be rude to bother him.

And she heard the small woosh of the pod, just as she finished her third kit.

"Race?" She blinked and then, as he took off, followed right after him. First aid kit still in her hands.

"Oh!" She watched as a girl came out of the pod, "Oh..." Then she grabbed Horace's sleeve and tugged. "What do we do?" That was said in a low whisper.

Chiickadee
the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:55 pm
Stumbling was the only motion Scout could make, considering the atrophy in her muscles and the dazed fog that was settling so thickly in her mind that it may as well have been real.

Two figures were staring at her, and she took a step back, hands on the cool metal. Reassuring, unbending. She said nothing, only watched the figures closely.

It was coming back to her in pieces. The shadows, the deal, the hands. Small little fragments that danced out of view before she could really hold onto every corner- like water between a slotted spoon.

Owl eyes moved from figure to figure. Fear, certainly, but amazement and perhaps a dash of disbelief too.

the semblance of unity

pixie nyxie

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:35 am
Horace looked down at Noemi and covered her hand with his own, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Remember when you woke up and how disoriented you were? We just gotta make sure she feels welcome. Well, and send her off to get her weapon," he whispered back at the small girl. He gave her hand one last pat before straightening back up and looking at Scout.

"Hello, welcome to Deus!" He stepped closer to her, an easy smile on his face. "How do you feel? Groggy? Uh..." He leaned over to stare at her pod for a second. "Scout. Do you remember what Deus is? Oh, I'm Horace and this is Noemi."

chiickadee
Pixie Nyxie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:10 pm
"H..Hello!" Noemi flushed as her hand was taken, even if was for reassurance, but she took Horace's advice well and proceeded to move closer to the girl.

"H.Hello Ms...Um..." She checked the girls pod name, "Kingsley?" There was a quiet moment. "I'm No..No...Noemi, I'm just a intermediate trainee here but I will help you..." She reached out gently to take a arm for support, "Do you feel any pain?"

Inner nurse training coming out...

Chiickadee
The Semblance of Unity

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:51 pm
Scout very slowly shook her head. No she wasn't in pain, but neither was she functioning at full speed. It was a bit like sloshing through a vat of jello; slow and unfortunately frustrating.

"Mm," was her shortly given response as she stretched herself out a bit, getting a feel for the room she was in and the people in front of her. "Where am I?"

pixie nyx

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:21 am
Horace remembered how slow he felt after waking, that kind of slow, mollasses uphill in January feel. "This is Deus Ex. We're somewhere in the Bermuda triangle, so I hope you like tropical weather." Horace looked briefly at Noemi and smiled. If she weren't so timid, she'd be even more endearingly motherly, he bet. "You were specifically recruited by the organization to fight. The bad news is this - you're gonna spend the rest of your life fighting monsters. Things that go bump in the night. The good news is that you're gonna do it with style. And you also get like super strength and stuff. And a cool weapon."

He glanced down at Noemi and raised his eyebrows, silently urging her to explain weapons.

pixie nyxie

chiickadee
yeah phone tag go

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 am
He had a headache, a really bad sort of headache, the kind he got when he didn't get enough sleep or he ended up with too much sleep. His limbs were cramped and Chris felt like he'd been folded into some tiny chinese food take out container. There were noises, sure, but the headache was keeping him from opening his eyes.

Where they hell was he now?

This wasn't home.. this wasn't..

The pod hissed open but he didn't leave it. He sat there and blinked against the light and stared.

Just stared.

kuuropii
any character you want ;D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:26 am
Watching the pods was something that everyone got stuck with at some point or another, regardless of level; and Gale had the misfortune of being required to attend yet another duty shift, in spite of being relatively busy when it came to doing work.

Still, there was something relaxing about just sitting in the room, and Gale was reading when the pod opened, jotting down notes in the margin of a book about becoming more confident in oneself. He slid his reading glasses off (he supposed, with the eyepatch, they were slightly useless now), and set them aside, reaching for his well-worn clipboard.

"Good morning," he said, stepping up to the pod in question - but the person wasn't coming out, and Gale peered at him, eyebrows drawing together.

"...are you okay?" he asked carefully. "Did you need a minute to process?"

iloveyoudie

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 am
"What?" Chris peered through his floppy bangs and blinked at the stranger. A british stranger. He'd never met a british person before.

"Um.." He took the questions to mean he was probably supposed to get out of the pod thing and finally stretched his legs and felt the tingle of disuse shoot up his hip. By the time the gangly teen was out of the pod he was shifting and scowling. If he was confused at all, he was doing a good job of hiding it. Though his eyes continued to travel around the room cautiously.

"a**'s asleep." Except he didn't have an a**. He was thin, pale, and much taller than Gale. His clothes looked old and well-worn, his sneakers dirty and taped with silver duct tape. Chris stuffed his hands in his jeans pockets and shook his hips in an attempt to get feeling back into his nonexistent butt.

kuuropii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:18 pm
There was one thing Gale noticed immediately about the newcomer, and that was that he was tall.

Very tall.

A faint and brief scowl flickered across Gale's face and then quickly dissipated, replaced by his usual stoic, quiet expression. "I'm...sure it is," he said, making a note on the paper attached to his clipboard. "You've been in here for a bit, you're bound to be a bit unsteady at first."

His eyes scanned the form until it found the name printed in easy type at the top.

"Christopher Lee," Gale read and then looked back at the other. "Is that your name? Can you tell me your age and where you're from?"

iloveyoudie

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 pm
Yeah it was his name, why wouldn't it be his name?

"I dunno what year is it. I was seventeen last I checked." How long was 'a bit'? "Um.. " Where he was from took a while, mostly because he wasn't sure he cared to share it.

"Wait who're you again?" A thin hand rubbed the back of his neck, his eyes again searching the room. "Are we in England?" The guy was british. Obvious chain of thought.

kuuropii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 pm
As Christopher spoke, Gale made little checks and notes on the Introductory Form 2A: New Recruit (Podded Trainee) sheet currently on his clipboard. Name, age, and date of birth were all noted and jotted down as correct information, and it wasn't until he was actually asked a question directly that Gale looked up (and up).

"We're not in England," he said, a little dryly. "You're on Deus Ex Machina, located on an island in the Bermuda Triangle."

He brushed a few stray hairs from his face. "My name is Gale Gentry, I'm a Hunter here."

iloveyoudie

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:56 pm
"Oh." Chris loomed a bit, brows lifting to try and see what was being written down. "Like Bermuda Triangle.. like lost in the bermuda triangle? Like Uncle Fester?"

Chris had leaned on his toes to peek at the clipboard but rocked back on his heels again. "So um.. you're the welcome wagon then I guess?"

He remembered being recruited now. Things coming back in huge chunks that fit together in him mind. Things he'd like to forget, if given the option.

"What are you writing?" He looked concerned, like he could fail this without even knowing it.

kuuropii

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 89 90 91 92 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces