Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:34 am
The room:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At first, everything is dull.

Then, the senses assault all at once, a strange hiss, the feeling of stale, clammy air hitting skin, strange noises, and the light, painfully bright.

It takes a good few minutes to adjust to the surroundings.

The only thing odd about the room itself were the strange assortment of man-sized pods, strange oval, futuristic even creations covered in glowing runes. Most of them remain closed, some of them have stopped glowing.

Everything is still a blur, vague memories closing in on each other. A trial, a word, Hunters, fighting, shadows, and then darkness. Death.

Nothing made sense.

Not in the past at least. As you finally step out of a strange shaped cylinder, you see something strapped to the side. It catches your eye because it has your name written on it. Your name. Age. Gender. Nothing else. You keep on walking, stumbling, hobbling. All the other pods are mostly closed. You finally hit the door. There is a bright red sign on it that is unavoidable.

All new personnel should proceed to the Cove to retrieve their weapons.

A giant red arrow, which you realize is a crude map, marks where you currently are, and where the cove is. It is extremely straightforward, and really, just down a theoretical hallway. That was it then, you were a personnel of something. All questions, answers, mystery and intrigue was waiting for you beyond this room.

OOC

WELCOME TO DEUS EX

- You may simply move on and go to the Dark Cove to post your weapons solo. Once you have done so, you are free to rp. You may also decided to PRP an awakening rp with other players, for example, experienced Hunters who were in the room at the time you awakened. You can do so in PRPS. You can also write an awakening SOLO if you wish, either as a SOLO thread, or in this thread.

- It is assumed your character woke up, the last thing they experienced being the TRAINEE TRIALS where candidates were eliminated before becoming trainees. Everything else feels blurry... ))

- For a quick tour be sure to check out this guide, which also describes some of the places your trainee will see after awakening.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 pm
((ENTERING FROM LIGHTHOUSE AREA))

He'd hit the button as directed and soon Theta Seven was at the area where the Cellphone supposedly told him to go to after hitting said button or whatever. Really he was a little distraught and confused about the whole event in general.

Theta Seven stood and watched around for someone else to appear or at least make themselves known. He uttered only a small, "Hello?" as he waited to be addressed or told what to do. He shifted his bag a bit and tucked away his Mace in the bag for easy access just in case. He really didn't like to be caught off guard especially with everything happening as it had been.

He hoped the friend he'd made would be alright on her own, it was certainly an ill timed summoning...  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm
((Entering from a Lighthouse rp!))

D-3 had felt a strange tug all around him upon hitting the button, like he was being encase in a tube and pushed through the shoot. Like mail, he decided. He was absolutely a letter with an unknown address stamped on his head.

The mail box, unfortunately, was a piece of nondescript land, and upon "being mailed" there as he so put it, D-3 pinwheeled his arms to regains his balance with a small yelp.

Was that was teleportation was like? If so, he really wasn't sure he'd like to do so again if he could help it.

Tealsy from before ("Theta", he recalled on the phone, and 7 by the looks of the writing on his armor) was about as disoriented as he was. "So, er . . . Special delivery for . . . someone!" he said as he approached, stretching a tad as he looked about. Anything, even joking, to hide his growing anxiety.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 pm
Theta Seven hadn't paid too much attention to the text message other than when he saw his name was involved and he had to push buttons. He was more worried about Delta Nine and her condition to really understand or read the other names that surrounded his own. Theta Seven was trying to comfort someone and was called away in the middle of it. he could only hope that maybe - just maybe - he could go back to her and keep helping her out as best as he could.

He startled a bit as he heard the other voice and gazed over at the source and found it was that other Delta that had come forth earlier, "Yeah," he chuckled a bit in reply trying to stay in good humor for the most part.

Theta Seven couldn't help but wonder what this all was about, "Seemed a bit abrupt, didn't it? One minute we're fightin' stuff and then we're called here..."

He shrugged his shoulders and didn't seem against the company of the Delta nearby.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:45 pm
"F'sure," D-3 agreed with a nod, putting his hands on his hips. "You'd think the head honcho was bi-polar r'somethin'. Or there's more than one of 'em."

Not a very comforting thought.

D-3 recalled that in the midst of his earlier intrusion, both the Theta and one of his teammates seemed to have been comforting each other. If he could offer a comforting smile sans the mask, he would have - thought it would have been a bit shaky by now. "The girls'll be fine," he asserted. "Eleven's got a good head, and Five was following me after that horse thing . . . Sure they've grouped up by now."

He didn't like the idea that maybe they might have left them to something far worse in the fog.

"So, um . . . Got that you're a Theta 7, but you go by anything else?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm
"Dunno what they are but ... I am sure there is a reason for it, whatever it is." He shrugged not wishing to speak badly of anyone in charge - it seemed a fatal thing to do in the end.

He crossed his arms over his chest for a moment and looked off to the side before he looked back at Delta Three and offered a small nod thankful for the comforting words before he said simply, "I'm just worried because I left at a bad moment for her, especially after I promised I'd stick by her. Doesn't sit well with me to make a promise and then...Yeah..." he muttered a bit and then paused thoughtfully at the question put to him.

Did he go by something else? He wasn't sure, "I just go by Theta Seven. It's all I got for now..." he answered back.

"You?" Theta Seven wouldn't be surprised if the answer was no.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:04 pm
[[ Entering from Lighthouse area ]]

Healed back to full health, Delta Seven had pressed a random button on his phone after reading the summons. His stomach lurched, the area spun around him, and suddenly he was standing somewhere else.

"Ugh. Let's not do that again," he grunted. The masks may have prevented them from needing to eat, but they didn't suppress the urge to sick up. Delta Seven didn't want to know what happened if you got vomit in your mask - nothing good, if only for the smell.

He looked around, tensing when he spied two other figures already there. One of them was in Delta green, the other a Theta. So both would have seen his actions after the boss fight. D7 had no way of knowing what their thoughts on that had been.

Stiff as a board, he eyed them both in turn. "Don't attack me and I won't attack you," he eventually said.

Hopefully neither of them were thinking he'd make a good target, being as suddenly unpopular as he was. He'd still put up a hell of a fight if they tried something. D7 wondered which side the other Delta would be on if it came to that - squad solidarity, or taking out the 'violent' guy.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 pm
"It's D-3 . . ." he said in response, though it got him to thinking.

Maybe he couldn't rebel against the whole kill or be killed game they were all thrown in, but he could subvert the head honcho(es) and their cursed rule in smaller ways. The most the guy could do was start with his name. While D-3 was short, it was still echoing a mere symbol-number combination. D-3 wanted something more . . . creative now.

Delta Three. Del Three. Del Ree. Delee.

You know what? Why not.

"Actually, just Deli works fine~" he stated after a short pause, and then chuckled at the odd name. "Almost went with 3D, but I think we've got enough life-like stuff going 'round, eh?

"But I getcha, man. I'm sure she understands - these cell phones, they're like our leashes . . . By the way -"

He lost his train of thought, however, when he spotted another green figure materializing and heard a rather familiar voice. "Nevermind! Looks like D7 joined the party. Cool your heels, it's been quiet over here so far," he told his team mate.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:13 pm
Delta Seven walked closer. The other Delta seemed friendly, at least. It didn't sound like he was planning to attack D7 on sight. He wondered at the fact that it had been quiet. He doubted it would last. Whoever was in charge of this place didn't seem like the sort to give them all a holiday.

"Probably waiting for everyone to show up first," he said. There were only three of them so far. He recalled the names off the text message. To the guy in green he said, "You'd be Delta Three. And Theta..." He trailed off, waiting for the number to be supplied.

D7 was also worried about what the people he'd said he'd stick by were thinking about his absence. He hoped he wouldn't be going back to a 'revenge' attack - assuming he made it out of whatever their captors had in store for them here.

"So, a lottery, huh? Bets on a death lottery of some kind?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm
"Deli, alright..." He chuckled lightly not really minding the whole nickname thing though he wasn't sure what to call himself. He rubbed a bit at his arm as he finally said, "You can call me Theven if you want to, I guess. Not entirely creative but eh...It's less confusing than what is currently set up, eh?"

He nodded a bit at Deli as he spoke, "Yeah I am sure she does. Maybe I can find her again after this...Whatever this is..." Theta Seven said vaguely and nodded at the observation of the Cellphone being like leashes. "Hmmm?"

Theta Seven soon got distracted as well gazing over at the new arrival he didn't seem in a rush to attack this person despite of the ruckus they caused earlier. He was indifferent and honestly didn't blame him. If he was more ambitious...Theta Seven was certain he would have done the same. "I don't intend to attack anyone...At least not here...I am Theta Seven."

He snorted a bit, "I wouldn't be surprised if whatever this is ended in death..."  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:30 pm
Delta Seven was relieved that no one was out for blood... yet. It would be nice to relax for a short time, even if it was only for a few minutes until the fourth 'lottery winner' joined them.

He made himself comfortable on the ground - as comfortable as he could get, anyway. "So what were you guys talking about? You working on names?"

It wasn't something that D7 had given much thought to. So many memories were missing and a name had seemed like the least of his worried. Hanging with other Deltas, they'd only needed numbers. But considering this was the second time that Deltas and Thetas had crossed paths, numbers were going to start doubling up. Indeed, they already were, with D7's Theta counterpart here. It wasn't a bad idea.

One finger scratched in the hard dirt. Delta Seven... δ VII. The delta symbol looked rather like an 'o'. Or a 'd'. Yeah, a D might be best. D for delta and all.

"Davii, maybe?" he shrugged. He looked up at the others to see what they thought. It sounded almost like a proper name.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 pm
You know what? Why not try to figure out this guy's name too? What else could the trio do but wait for the missing Theta to arrive and go from there anyway?

Let's see! Theta. Theta Seven. Theta also looked like a zero or an O. "Zeven? Thev?" Deli attempted, a frown behind his mask in thought. "Hard to work with the Th, I agree . . Theven if ya want, though. Heh, kinda makes me sound like I have a lithp~" he added jokingly.

Though this quickly wilted when Delta Seven brought up the idea of a lottery, which was what he himself had thought at first - and then back to clinging to the topic of names! "No bets for me man, not since we're already here," Deli answered, rubbing the back of his neck. "And . . . I think I'll start calling you Deven! Aha, short and actually a decent name. Lucky. Although if you like Davii more, I'm cool with that. Mine's now Deli~"

medigel

Anxious Spirit

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 pm
"Thev sounds cool," D7 put in his two cents. Slightly less like they all had a lisp. He chuckled at Deli's demonstration. He wasn't much for joking, but they had nothing better to do while they waited.

He considered Deli's alternate name for D7. The big man shrugged. "I'm not fussed," he said. "But you better work out what we're calling Thev or Theven there first, so we don't sound too similar. If we end up fighting another giant pony or somethin', you wanna know that whoever you're calling is gonna answer. Theven and Devon could get confusing."

That would be the nicer thought, wouldn't it? That this would be another taste of humans versus strange monster. But D7 had a very bad feeling that this one was going to end up human versus human. Maybe only one of them was making it out alive. Maybe none. Maybe only one had to die.

He thought some more on that last one.

"Hey, Thev," he said casually. "Do you know this other Theta that's coming?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:52 pm
"Eh...nothing earth shattering I guess. Just talking about other people we kinda left behind because we had to report here," he murmured with a small shrug.

He returned his attention to Deli and chuckled a bit as the male tried to figure out a nickname for Theta Seven, "Thev or Theven is fine. Thev can be a nickname of my nickname," he laughed a bit and shrugged again. He looked back over at Davii and nodded a little. Either name was fine by him. Davii almost sounded like a name for a fantasy RPG-type game thing. Though why it made him think of that was far beyond him and he decided not to dwell.

Theta Seven shrugged his shoulders lightly, "Even if we did bet anything I don't think any of us have much of worth TO bet. Other than maybe our equipment but...That ain't anything I am willing to give up if we did..."

He shifted his shoulders, "I saw her briefly when I wandered away from that place we fought the pony. I figured she'd be following Delta Nine and I but I hadn't seen her since we moved away from the fog we all were hidin' out in for a bit..."  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 pm
Poor, poor Deli. He didn't catch onto Delta Seven's thinking at the time, as he was still quite stuck on names.

"Okay! You got a point, so let's clear this up." He pointed to the Theta. Thev." Then to his teammate. "Davii." And then to himself. "Deli! Least til I think of something better." He might take 3D after all . . . eventually.

"And darned if we get another pony! Let's just run it to the ocean or beach next time," Deli commented. After all, the water was everywhere around them - might as well use their prison to their advantage?

(( Short post is short, but Jay must leave for an hour or two. D8 ))

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff