Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sushi!

Back to Guilds

Roleplaying, contests, tektek, pictures and more! 

Tags: Sushi, talking hats, crazy sporks, roleplay, sushiness 

Reply Writer's corner and contests
[The Collaboration] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You there! You're primarily a ____ for this story.
  Writer!
  Reader!
  Hater!
View Results

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm
((Whoa, I thought that the three were part of the Children! NVM! hahaha guess I was wrong.

Right. I've edited the front; tell me if anything's wrong or missing? I kinda guessed about their personalities, eheheh. ))

"I'm fine with that," Farle mumbled, clambering another rise and turning to help Cadence only to find that she was doing well on her own--better than he was, it seemed. The blue-eyed girl ascended the pathless, rocky terrain like--
like a mountain goat. He let a bit of speculation flicker through his mind before he turned back to Cadence. "How are we going to let them find us? Just keep going until we crash into one of them?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am
((Well I thought since it was a diffrent region in the story that it was diffrent people with a diffrent religon which is why you were calling it the Children of ___ So yea... No it's fine you have very good creative writing skills. biggrin I like the imagry you use. ))

Cadnece sighed. "Well that would be the idea... But if we get through here without them finding us it'd be much better. Besides if they don't find us, the shadow wyvern and his friends will. I'd rather take my chances not being found at all." Her blue-grey eyes misted with memories of her past when her villiage was first attacked by the Dark King.

Farle nodded while struggling to get over this rock. He wasn't used to moutainous terrain. His country used to be just open grass land and woods. Well that was before it was attacked of course. "Well true, but I'm not as good at this climbing thing as you are." He grumbled as Cadence reached out a hand to help him up. Farle's topaz colored eyes shined with annoyance and gradatude as Cadence pulled him up the rock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivarine turned to look at the servant girl. "Then why do you?" She asked with pleading in her voice. "Why do you serve him? Why can't you let me go and just say I escaped? Please? Don't you want him gone?" She asked again.
Ivarine had a kind soul regardless of what she'd shown the servants in the room. She didn't want to hurt anyone, but what else could she do? She was trapped and a prisoner of a evil man.

"I couldn't let you go." The servant girl replied.  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:01 pm
((OOOoooooo I see now. Ahaha, thank you for your compliment smile I like your writing too; it's very dynamic.

But yea, Sorry about that confusion! Maybe it is just two different sects things or whatever? ehehe >.< I was just thinking that Children was short for an organization name. razz Anyways...who votes they get captured by the Drunesd peoples?

Ahaha, I twisted things >_< Like/ dislike?))

"Why--" Ivarine started but a knock on the door silenced her. A messenger came in, curtseyed hesitantly to Ivarine and turned to the servant.

"His Excellence has requested to see the Queen?"

"Her Highness is nearly ready, Nrwyn."

"You will see to it that she sees his Majesty when she is presentable?" the messenger servant asked without a glance at Ivarine, who was watching through narrowed eyes.

"I will."

Nrywyn nodded and left with another awkward curtsey to the new Queen. She shut the door behind her and with a cool thud, Ivarine's new bathroom was left in icy silence. The servant girl hurried to straighten the dress and fix up the makeup that had been smeared in the conflict with the other servants.

It was a while later before Ivarine herself broke the silence with a nearly inaudible whisper. "It will be long and hard, but...." she fingered the gold band that restricted her magic and stared at the black and silver crown that awaited her on the cushion. She stared into the amethyst centerpiece and saw herself so transformed that she felt she was the master of another lady's body. Purple is a royal color.... she remembered indistinctly. "...but only...."

"Milady?" Ivarine turned to see the servant girl holding the pot of crimson lip-color and a brush.

"I will do it myself," she said, taking the tools from the servant. She applied the bloody color herself, taking great care to dilute the color as much as it would be diluted with other colors on the make up palette.

Everything ready, Ivarine stood, letting the black dress swirl and shimmer regally around her bare feet. Her expression was grave, but at the same time fierce. The servant picked up the cushion with the crown. They proceeded through deserted corridors to the King's throne room in another silence that Ivarine again shattered, this time just before the door.

"One last thing," she said through blood-stained lips. "What is your name?"

"Iyza, milady. Shall I open the door now?"

She nodded and closed her eyes and summoned all--if there was any left--of her self-discipline to her.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 pm
((I think i'd be an amazing twist. Thanks. smile I try to make my writing mysterious for these kinds of things. Then again could be just cause I'm crazy. Nope, didn't miss a thing in the front, cept it was 5 Ner'ein not 2, but other than that it's ok. biggrin ))

The doors opened infront of Ivarine and she resisted the urge to run the other direction. The Dark King was seated at his throne and smiled a hidious smile when he saw Ivarine enter.

"Well hello my Queen." He said in a deathly cold voice.

"I'd prefer being called Ivarine." Ivarine said with the most venom in her voice she could muster. "And I'd like to at least know your name."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cadence continued to climb up the mountain when suddenly she stopped and told Farle to stop as well. Her grey-blue eyes scanned the horizon of the mountain. "I... I thought I heard something, but it's gone now..." She hesitated.

Farle rolled his eyes. "You can think you hear a penny drop from a mile away, yet a noise this close you lose?" Farle asked before he felt hands go over his mouth and hands. They were made of shadows and he was pulled down the mountain side to a little cave on them. He couldn't scream for Cadence either.

"But I can't figure it out." Cadence said turning back to look for Farle, but then noticing he was being dragged down the mountain. "FARLE!!" She said taking off after him.  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Lyrica Pie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:40 pm
Farle struggled against the shadow's hold, tearing and flailing wildly as he was dragged down the way he'd spent so long climbing up. He could hear Cadence chasing after him a moment before his leg scrapped against a jagged boulder, tearing a gash in his pants and leg. But before pain could envelop him, a sharp claw dug into his neck and then the shadow's grasp vanished altogether. Farle tumbled down the mountainside a few more paces before he was able to steady himself, and then a massive claw pinned him to the ground.

"The wyvern!" he cursed as the draconic creature loomed over him. Cadence was higher up on the hill, battling two Ner'ein and their riders, who were cracking their whips at the black-haired archer.

"Orum dir senjir, reht lem Y'Ereht woeark!" One rider screeched when the other sent a flame down his whip. Cadence spun away from the flames and shot a low-note arrow into the Ner'ein's chest. It howled and leaped up into the air as smaller arrows pierced its waxy skin.

Farle narrowed his eyes and pressed his hands against the wyvern's claws. I have a power too, he thought, eyes blazing determinedly.
((Hi. Decided to pop up for a moment. razz Nice story you have going on.
I thought I read 2 but either way there are only two here. razz
~Castele

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:49 pm
Farle closed his eyes and constentrated. Suddenly jagged shards of glass and fire lept out of his body and hurt the Wyvern's clawed feet. The wyvern let out a horrid screech and released Farle's shoulder.

Cadence lept down to help Farle while trying to avoid the Ner'ein. "FARLE! Oh my god are you ok?!" She asked as she got down to him. He grabbed him up by this shoulders and started to drag him down towards a small crevais they could stay in and hide.

"Farle are you ok? Where are you hurt? You're leg? Speak to me." Cadence said her eyes tearing up a little.  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:47 pm
"I'm fine," Farle managed unconvincingly. "Look out!"

He hardly needed to warn her before Cadence whirled, blocking the whip that crashed down with her bow. She loosed another sound-arrow at the beast and then rider, focusing on protective shields.

Meanwhile, Farle looked to his leg. Luckily his pants had taken most of the damage, and his leg was barely bleeding. He ripped the hem off his shirt and sopped up the little blood there was and bound it the best he could. Cadence could work with it later. Now, he had something else to worry about.

Whipping out his sword, Farle charged the nearest enemy, the Ner'ein on the ground as Cadence dealt with the one floating above. The unsuspecting monster earned a rough stab in the foreleg. Farle grinned defiantly when its rider tried wrenching the sword from his hand. The blade glowed amber until it seemed to be made only of light and then he swung it easily and harmlessly through the leg, reclaiming the weapon.

"Is that the best you've got?" he taunted, leading it away from the crevice and clambering uphill a little. The long-necked reptilian mount lunged forward, snapping fangs and hissing at him and Farle leapt, fastening himself around its neck. It howled and tried to leap into the air but he held steady before flailing his sword at the neck. He felt the rider's whip score burns on his fingers and managed to return the gash the wyvern rider had caused earlier. Just when he was about to deal the death blow, he felt his back explode with pain and fell, luckily only a few feet. His sword landed a few paces by his hand and he grabbed it up before staggering to his feet. The wyvern was on the offensive now.

Farle blocked with his sword as another blast of energy hurtled his way. The magic melted against the blade, but it had been enough of a distraction that the Ner'ein rider was able to cut its whip across the back of his calves. Farle felt his legs start to buckle and supported himself against the crevice where Cadence was hiding by. She had been injured, and her strange milky-blue blood dripped from scratches on her should and stood out against the black of her cloak.

Suddenly from the side a spear launched into the air, a curled stream of stone and water hurtled after it and crashed into the wyvern's chest. Two wooden arrows whistled past and struck the Ner'ein flanks and pointed stones followed quickly, all finding their mark.

"Nyi'Chyka!" the rider cursed, pulling further into the air.

"Reht Drunesd," the wyvern rider said with an amused tone. He held up his hand and the three attackers took off in the other direction.

For once Farle didn't need a translation to the Ner'ein rider's language. The Nyi'Chyka reht Drunesd were the infamous spellcaster-warriors known as the Children of Drunesd.

((Whoa smile Lyrica posted.
@Sabrina--sorry, what's glace? And Farle is the exception in his family--a firecaster?

And....end chapter there? Chapter two can start with Farle and Cadence meeting the Children of Drunesd?))

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:49 pm
Chapter 2  

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:07 am
((Well I didn't remember if we mentioned Farle's powers. So I thought he could have like the power of creating glace like mirrors, and then well fire because of the inscribtion on the sword so I guess that would make him an exception to the family.))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:34 pm
((Yea, we never did mention his powers, only that his sword had nothing to do with fire and that his family didn't use fire-magic, or at least didn't specialize in it mad
So a glace is a mirror? So he creates mirrors? Sorry, I've enver heard the term before and the best thing I'm getting from google is "glazed" with ice or sugar (fire and ice would be contradictory, so I assumed not, unless he works with elements in general).

So we've covered the three's powers now:
Ivarine is shadow and ice
Farle is mirrors (glace?) and fire
Cadence is sound.

Oh! Do you mean mirror like light? Because that's dark (shadow) and light (mirrors) making up the "element" light balanced with sound. And fire and ice contradict each other well enough. oooo paradoxes. I like.

Sorry, I kinda rambled. I'm just trying to understand what you mean by glace so I don't mess it up later>.<))

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm
((OH Don't I feel stupid..... Sorry I had a momentary lapse in thinking. It's supposed to be glass. I was thinking about icecream at the time... and the french word for ice cream is glace.... Sorry... Glass like mirrors and light yea..... I"m going to go change that now....))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:53 pm
((OOOO!! Makes sense! biggrin I get it! Ok. That's settled then. smile

Did you want to end the chapter there then? And you can start the next chapter? ))

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:27 pm
((Um sure.))

Meanwhile at the Dark King's palace Ivarine was walking down to see the Dark King and become his Queen. She felt a looming mood of sadness in the air as she walked.

"Oh quite a temper you have there isn't it?" The Dark King asked.
"No, I just prefer my name." Ivarine said with a tone of hatred.
"I see." The King said.

Approaching the throne Ivarine saw a seat next to it, elegantly decorated with roses carved into the wood and red velvet looking material against the black stained cherry wood. Startled for a moment she halted in her walking to stare. The Dark King noticed her hesitation and smiled. He waved a hand for her to come forward.

"My name by the way is ____" The Dark King said to Ivarine.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 pm
"My name, by the way is, shall we say, a secret?" The Dark King said to Ivarine. She threw a glare at him.

The servant Iyza approached with the crown. At the nod of her nameless lord, she placed the black and silver crown atop Ivarine's head. Thus, without ceremony or words Ivarine Callias, the little nobody from Shr'eink became Queen of the Shadows.

"It suits you beautifully, my lady," the black-eyed lord said a few quiet seconds later, when Queen Ivarine had taken her throne. The King's cruel smile flashed over his face and he turned to the servant. "Go."

The servant bowed to both monarchs and backed from the room, seemingly without Ivarine's noticing.

--- --- ---

Darkness swirled like a whirlpool around her, consuming her, drowning her in its depths. Ivarine fell for what seemed and eternity, unconscious of anything in the physical realm.

The amethyst! Purple is a royal color, she found herself thinking again. A spark of purple found her and she saw her eyes reflected in them, the familiar golden-violet verve burning there.

Then came the power. Power, like the energy in the current, rushed around and possessed her. Power, with every breath she took. Ivarine knew she had the gift of shadows as part of her power, but she had never felt it surround her like this.

It seemed at first to claw eagerly at her like a piece of prey, then shrink back in fear and finally sweep and gather in the form of a silhouette in the darkness, if that was possible. The shadow turned towards her and Ivarine saw nothing but two bolts of amber yellow.  

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vanish_Mist

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:16 pm
Thus, without ceremony or words Ivarine Callias, the little nobody from Shr'eink became Queen of the Shadows. Darkness swirled like a whirlpool around her, consuming her, drowning her in its depths. Ivarine fell for what seemed and eternity, unconscious of anything in the physical realm.

~What's going on? Ivarine suddenly panicked, feeling the immense power drowning her in its depths, whispering as it writhed like a dying animal around her, What is he trying to do?! If anything, it was the silhouette that scared her the most. Amber-yellow. The delicately spun color swirled in intricate patterns on every single victim's skin like a clinging tattoo. Marked for death.

~Why do I see this color? Is he trying to convert me to Darkness? Cold, dangerous with murderous intent in every action like the Dark Lord? Ivarine's fury at this thought caused her eyes to flare open and focus on the dead black eyes staring at her.

"How do you feel my pretty lady?"  
Writer's corner and contests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces