[PRP] His Face in that Memory [Tope,Jini,Ruia,Udd]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Ruia led the way across the slope of the grasslands and down towards the curve of the river overlooked by green, old trees. Some were so old that they'd started to lean and no doubt, one day, they would topple. Perhaps they would create a blockade to divert the water, or merely a bridge to cross, but so far so good. All those old trees remained standing.

It was beneath these trees that a small, golden lion lay, huddled close to the trunk and nestled in long grass so that any who passed might walk by without noticing him. He was shy and timid and certainly didn't wanted to be spotted by another rogue or a member of the pride who might be mad at him for lingering - though Ruia had promised him this would not happen. Even still, the lion was larger, indeed, than that time on the sands when his mother had been taken for him. Yet, his markings had remained. His bright golden pelt was tipped, here and there, with white and then there were those bright green eyes and - more importantly - that flash of red in the front of his mane. The same red as that which had coloured his mother's pelt.

He looked up at the tread of paws and saw - on the distance - his pale friend, Ruia. With a chuff of greeting, the male lion rose to greet him, taking a few bouncy steps to close the gap between them.

Then he spotted the others following behind and something switched on in his brain: danger! Danger, danger, danger! Something about that dark lion and pale lioness triggered something in him. He felt timid around other strangers, certainly, but this was...this was different. He lowered his head, ears flat, and began to back away, his eyes fixed on the trio as they approached.

"Udd!" Ruia called. "Udd, don't worry! My parents wanted to meet with you before you....no, before we left." He paused to glance over his shoulder. "Didn't you, Dad? Mum?"

Jini, meanwhile, had paused, her whole body rigid. She could take no further step.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:34 pm
Tope had been on edge since their son had revealed a few clues to whom this stranger was. It had to be just a coincidence. Fate. Anything but that small bundle of pale fluff they had seen as they attacked that lioness. That child that they left to die in the sands with his mother. He flicked the thought from his mind and followed Ruia with Jini not far behind him. He slowed his pace to keep with her.

Gods above don't let that cub be him. Jini doesn't need this memory rekindled.

Yet, as their son raced to meet his friend, Tope stood stark still and stared. It was the child. The pelt like sand, the stripe of blood red in his full mane. He was the child from their past. The scars on his very pelt ached, the distinct one across his face burned against the sun. "Ruia..." He paused and took a step back as well, his ears flattening. "Ruia... Is this your friend?"

He put himself between Jini and the stranger, his eyes not showing any aggression but if the need came; he'd defend her. Would this boy attack him and the lioness that killed his mother. He obviously recognized them from his reaction. "Jini... it is alright."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm
Uddhava, meanwhile, was trying to understand what was wrong. He knew Ruia and he liked Ruia so why should he not like his parents? He was just being silly! He took in a deep breath and took a step forward, forcing himself to step up alongside Ruia. He put on a small, timid smile and nodded softly in greeting. There was nothing to worry about! Maybe he was just extra nervous because he thought that they might be mad at him. After all, they might think he had encouraged their son to leave. Maybe he had? Ughhh maybe this was his fault.

"That's right dad. His name is Uddhava." Ruia introduced, turning to the golden lion. "Udd, this is my dad, Tope, and my mum Jini'pomoka."

Jini still did not move. She'd frozen, her heart pounding wildly against her ribs, her eyes wide and unblinking. She was grateful for Tope's intervention but still could not bring herself to say anything.

"It's...it's nice to meet you." Uddhava continued. "Ruia speaks highly of you both."

Ruia laughed. "Stop it, Udd." He gave his friend a cuff. "You're embarrassing me."

He sat. "We don't have any plans of where to go yet, but Udd has been travelling for a while. We probably won't go all that far I wouldn't have thought. After all, this will be my first time out and about. I'll have quite a bit to learn."

"Though...I might not be the best teacher." Uddhava added nervously.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 pm
Tope actually felt a bit of happiness fluttering inside himself. This child, the cub they had been certain would die in the sands of the desert, was strong and big. Impressive. He was very impressed. He was very relieved as well... to know that the child had survived. "Hello Uddhava." He said softly, no hint of fear in his voice anymore. "Our son has spoken fondly of you in return." He added with a soft nod.

Tope looked to his son. "Traveling is something that opens your heart to the world. You're mother and I... we traveled at a younger age than you did... I had left after a fight with my father..." His smile faded a bit, as the news of his father and mothers passing, was still sore on his heart. "You are more than ready. And I think you can trust this fellow."

He looked to the pale male. "You seem very capable of adventuring... Judging by your size...." He nodded.

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 am
Uddhava nodded polietly, glad that the tension seemed to have dropped a little. He had been so sure that they might forbid Ruia from coming but apparently they were just a little protective? His eyes strayed to the pale female, still silent and staring.

What was wrong with her? He'd have to ask Ruia later...in a sensitive and careful way, of course.

"I've travelled since adolescence, but not alone for a good part of it. I was going to be joining a pride but...that didn't work out either so I figured I'd keep searching, perhaps find out if any of my family are around in rogue lands."

"That's right." Ruia replied. "I said I'd help. He may be a large lion but he's not very good at defending himself." He moved forwards and touched his head to his father's mane. "Don't worry, Dad. I don't ever intend to fight with you and I will be back. Kusini is my home and it always will be. We'll scout around the lands close by, see what we find, and maybe drop back in a week or so."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:18 pm
Tope smiled warmly and gave Jini a soft nuzzle with his nose for a moment. Poor thing. She was probably so torn up on the inside about this. Here a part of their past event, of their murderous revenge... was standing before them. Proof that life does go on. He'd have to have a warm heart to heart talk to her about this.

Perhaps this could be their closure.

Tope stepped forward and nuzzled his son affectionately for a moment. His children made him so happy, his mate made him happy and for some reason this Udd made him happy. His smile was genuine. "What ever you wish my son. I am accepting of anything you and your new friend wish to do." He said looking to the pale firekin. "

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:49 am
Ruia nodded, his smile fading very slightly as his eyes averted to spy his mother, silent and unmoving at his father's side. What was wrong with her? His eyes became questioning and, as if understanding this change in mood, Uddhava took a few steps back and sat.

The pale lion took a small side-step so that he came face to face with his mother and gave her a slightly pleading look. "Mother? Mother, what's wrong? Are you--"

She cut him off with a sudden growl. "I won't! I can't!" She snapped from her statue-stillness and, without bothering to cast any of them a look, turned and fled the scene, leaving behind a confused son.

And a confused Uddhava.

"Dad...is she angry with me...for leaving?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm
Tope eyed the stranger, the pale one. He could almost recall the sound of him squeaking at his mothers feet. He cast an eye sideways to his mate, spotting her very distressed look and before he could speak to comfort her, their son questioned her. He looked to Ruia. "She is... She is okay Ruia." He said, but her words silenced him, he looked startled.

When she turned to go, he let her. He lowered his head, rubbing his eyes with his paw. "Ruia..." He began, not sure how to begin. "It is very complicated my son. Your mother has been very conflicted for a long time; as have I." He looked to them. "But now is not the time for us to explain. I want you to go and explore. She is not mad about that. She knows it's apart of our blood. But... when you return..."

He paused. "...We will have a talk. And Udd... I think perhaps you should be there too..." He said, nodding

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:05 am
"I hope she is okay..." Ruia replied quietly, his head lowered sadly. His mother had never been the happiest creature, but she'd never been so angry, either.

"Well...if you're sure it's okay for me to go...then I will. But we won't be long. I promise you that. Then we can talk and see...see if we can help Mother. I don't want her to be so sad and...conflicted."

Udd blinked, casting a confused look between father and son. All he could offer in response was a light nod.

Swiftly, Ruia reached out and embraced his father. "Take care of her and yourself whilst we're gone, okay? I'll miss you."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:54 am
Tope bit his lip and looked at his son; who would someday understand the plight his parents had to feel for so long... He worried for Jini... he had never wanted this to happen. What would have happened if they had brought that baby home with them? He wished they had done that now. "Don't worry... your mother has a sadness that haunts her. Someday you will understand... the time will come when you will learn about it. But for now; go and have a good time...

Tope hugged his son and pressed his forehead against his sons. "I want you to go see the world, as I did. Your grandfather would be proud of you." He said with a smile.

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 pm
"Thank you, Father. I will." And he embraced his father again, worying all the while about his parents even as he moved back and turned to head away with his new-found friend.

Uddhava kept close to him, his head down; ears pinned back against his mane. "They have much sadness in their eyes, Ruia. Are you sure it is wise to leave them when they are like that?"

"They have each other and I don't think I'll be able to help with their pains. Mother was always very sad. Perhaps Father always was, too, but I just never noticed it. Maybe he was better at hiding it." He gave a soft sigh. "But they will tell me when they are ready and we will not be gone so long. We'll be back soon enough, so let's enjoy our outing whilst it lasts."

Uddhava gave a nod.

And as they walked away, it was the golden lion who cast a look back over his shoulder to look back at the dark lion left behind.

/fin

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff