[PRP] We're good folks here! [Zarion & Tamana]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 pm
User Image

Tamana yawned and stretched, shaking bits of grass and dirt from his fur. After his adventure with Kipofu and Nasiha, he'd stayed to take a nap in the sun. He'd found this PERFECT rock for it. It was large and flat and dark, and had soaked up lots of the sun's heat. So he'd had the warmth of the sun on one side, and the warmth of the sun on the other side too! It had been a most PERFECT nap. But now, it was over, and he knew he'd have to head back towards the inside of the pride for now.

He sat up and looked about for a moment, just to make sure nothing had snuck up on him. Or that one of the border guards had decided to leave him a prank. Pranks sucked. A lot. Seeing nothing and no one on the border, he hopped off the rock and stretched once again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm
User Image It had been a long morning for Zarion. He had traveled most of the night to find a resting area, but it seemed everytime he found something... an angry homeowner would hiss and try to fight him off. At least at one point he got to eat and the sun was shining. Zarion wasn't one for rain, yes it sounded lovely and made everything smell fresh but the wetness had made his fur stink as well as mat.

Looking around, he found the area unfamiliar to him. He knew he was still in the rogue lands, but further out was something he hadn't seen. The land didn't look familiar at all, he wasn't worried though. He loved an adventure as much as the next feline.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:53 pm
The Navigator blinked as he saw a form coming closer. Huh...it looked leopard-ish. Was it Commander Dovev? No, wrong colors. And wrong scent too, once the light breeze brought the figure's scent over. An outsider than. Hopefully a friendly (not that Tama couldn't protect himself if it came down to it). Well...since none of the Guards were nearby, he'd have to greet the outsider! Who knew...maybe the other was someone purposely seeking out the sanctuary the Matembezi offered.

"'Ey there, stranger!" His tone was friendly, along with his body language.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:02 pm
Inwardly thinking on what he was going to do with himself. He almost missed the sound of a male voice, perking up his ears first and then his head he took in the male figure before him. He was an interesting fellow, a green..mane, with purple paws, and black fur. He wasn't one to judge though as he had a butterfly on his butt all thanks to his mother who had a white one on hers. The male lion didn't seem to give off a threatening aura, so Zarion decided to appear non-threatening as well.

Sitting back on his hind legs, he sat regally with his tail wrapped around his front paws and legs. "Hello, can you tell me where I am? I know this is the rogue lands boarder but... what is that place?" Zarion gestured with front right paw to the open land ahead. "That is if you can tell me or know. I've never been this far out before. My name is Zarion by the way, to whom do I speak too?"

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 pm
Tamana grinned. "This is th' Matembezi'wasakaji ova here. 'N' I'm Tamana. Pleasure t' meetcha, Zarion!" He spoke with an odd twang that made him seem even more approachable. "Firs' time 'way from home?" He knew there were some who wandered the rogue lands before settling down...Unlike him, who alternated between staying in the Matembezi and wandering the rogue lands to map it all out in his mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:09 pm
Zarion tilted his head as he listened to the other speak, he had an interesting accent about him. He couldn't place anyone he had met so far with an accent such as Tamana's voice. "Matembezi'wasakaji," He spoke slowly so he could pronounce it clearly and correctly. "Such a very long name but interesting none the less. Hello Tamana." Zarion bowed slightly in a polite gesture. Many felines and wild dogs had him pegged as a stiff as well as by the book persona. But that is just how he was and they could take it or leave it.

Tamana's question broke his inner thoughts. "Oh no. No this is not my first time away from home, I haven't been with my pride for sometime now. Infact I have been traveling all over rogue lands since I was a teen. But I just haven't been any where outside of the Rogue Lands. Do you live in this Matem-wasa land? Sorry if I mis-pronounced the name, sometimes it takes a bit for words that are longish in size to come out smoothly." He paused for a bit and took his eyes off the other male to take in the landscape. "Is the tribe just for lions? I have heard of some tribes only accepting wild dogs and lions. Just curious to know what its like in this land."

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:48 pm
The lion nodded. "I see. And yup! Born 'n' raised here!" He pat the earth with a paw. "Know this land like I know my own paws. 'N' no worries abou' th' name...it is kinda long." He smiled sheepishly. "No' really sure wha' my Gramma was thinkin' when she picked such a lon' name." He sat as well. "We're no' jus' for lions. One o' th' Commanders 'n' his mate are leopards. 'N' we got a few hybrids runnin' 'round too!"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:08 pm
Zarion his ears up at the thought of having more than one race and living happily together. Sounded nice, rogue lands were 'dog eat dog' or in his case 'feline eat feline' kinda world. "Your gramm- I mean grandmother named this place? Wow, so you are a descendent of Matembezi'wasakaji? That is so interesting." Repeating the name in his head had helped him say the name somewhat clearly outloud.

"What do you do around here for fun?" He was curious about this place and his new acquaintance? friend? passer-byer? He continued speaking. "Do you have jobs to do? Or is it everyone for themselves and not in pride? " Sometimes his curiousity got the better of him. A sudden movement distracted him. A butterfly had landed on his nose, he looked at it causing his eyes to go cross eyed. It tickled somewhat but it was also annoying so he snorted to get rid of it. He watched it fly away into the forest and he looked back at his companion.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 am
He nodded. "Yeah. Gramma Mioyo founded th' pride." Tama didn't mind all the questions at all. "Wha' we do for fun all depends on th' member. Me, I like wrestlin' with my brothers or tellin' th' cubs 'bout th' places far from here or nappin' in th' sun. 'N' we all got jobs. I'm a Navigator, while one o' my brothers is a Warrior. 'N' one o' my aunts is a Crafter." He chuckled at Zarion's reaction to the butterfly, reminded of his cousin Kyouko for a moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:49 am
Zarion listened to the other speak of the duties and he had to think that all did not sound so bad. It actually sounded quite interesting. "Wow that is a mighty fine grandmother then to start a pride. Usually from what I've seen and heard males generally do things like that." He scrambled on his words when he realized how that came out. "NOT that there is anything wrong with females ruling and all... So a navigator? That sort of like a scouter?"

His stomach growled somewhat in hunger, it had been a while since he last ate something and the hunger pains were starting up. He licked his lips at the thought of eating rabbit. "You interested in coming to hunt with me? Sorry, kinda starving here and I want to get something before the rain comes." Zarion pointed to the far off greyish black clouds coming from the east. "We ought'a find shelter too, unless you want to get back to your pride. It is understandable, I do not mind traveling a lone. I'm quite used to that aspect, I hope to settle down one day."

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 am
"Sorta. I keep a mental map o' everywhere I've been...That way, when others in th' pride go out, I can go wit' 'em 'n' make sure they don' get lost!" He looked rather proud of himself. "I know th' land within two weeks o' th' pride like my own four paws!"

He tilted his head and nodded. "Sure, I can help ya hunt. 'N' if ya need a place t' stay for th' night, we don' mind visitors at all. Jus' as long as ya don' cause trouble." Tamana smiled. "Ya'll find someplace 'n' someone t' settle with eventually. Jus' gotta be patient."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 am
" Oh so you are like a guide." Zarion tilted his head in thought. " Neat, though it must getting annoying after a while having everyone come up to you and ask how to get to a certain place." Zarion listened to Tamana's next words. " Okay, follow me. I saw some rabbits a few clicks back, they usually like to hide in the brush areas." With a flick to the tail Zarion turned around and began at a fast pace walk. He turned to the side to see if the other was following, which Tamana was, he was keeping pace.

"Are you ready to run? And yes I know eventually I will find a place to call my own." Zarion laughed as his lean body moved fluidly along the bumpy ground. "I just wish it would get here sooner and thank you for the offer of shelter for the night. I usually don't stay in one place for too long though, so by morning I think I may take off again. Hope you understand." Zarion didn't want to offend the other male and his hospitality.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:13 am
Tamana laughed, a friendly sound rather than a mocking one, as he started to follow Zarion. "I don' mind bein' asked. It's sommat I'm good at!" He grinned. "'N' no worries 'bout takin' off in th' mornin'. We don' expect everyone t' stick around." He sniffed the air carefully for any sign of the rabbits. "It was nice talkin' wit' ya...but we should probably shut our traps now, if we don' wanna scare off th' rabbits."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:24 am
Zarion laughed along with his companion, this was nice. Rarely did he enjoy a conversation with strangers. "You are right, we will scare off all the prey if we keep chatting away." Zarion nodded and slowed down as the neared the area. He shook his body to loose all his tense muscles, he usually got this way when he started off the hunt. He lowered his body to the ground and watched as Tamana did the same. Zarion indicated with his paw, tapping it three times gently before they both pounced on a poor couple of rabbits. It took a few minutes, rabbits were fast buggers to catch, but once mission was completed they both had a rabbit each in their mouths.

Zarion placed his rabbit on the ground and was silent for a moment, sending a prayer up to the heavens. He was thankful and was greatful to the rabbit for the meal he was about to have. He followed Tamana to his home and looked around. It was nice for a lion den, and then they both settled down to eat. Once down they cleaned off their own paws before heading off to sleep for the night.

The next morning Zarion was up before his lion companion, he bow in respect at the sleeping lion before saying. "May we meet again." He turned around and headed off to the rogue lands for another adventure.

END.  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas