No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Dentists are idiots Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:57 pm
I was told I wouldn't have a problem with my wisdom teeth, and that they were fine to leave in.

Yeah, sure. Now I've got one finally wanting to burst through, and it's ******** killing me. My jaw is throbbing, the pain seeping up into my head and down my neck. That side of my face feels very swollen, though it probably doesn't look it.

And I have no dental insurance, and I'm not sure if I even have the money to get this s**t looked at or fixed.

Excuse me while I go bang my head in the corner. Hopefully that pain will take away from the other.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:09 pm
Maybe I could pull it out, free of charge. I will be held irresponsible for any damage done to you or your property and will not be held liable for paying for the damage... if only I were a licensed dentist.

Sorry for all the pain you are feeling.  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Dangerous Noob

Poor Tenchi

Steadfast Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:10 pm
Oh that blows. If memory serves you can get Orajel over the counter, but that's not going to fix the big problem.

I haven't been to a dentist since before high school, and I know that's not good. I just don't quite know where the closest one is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:13 pm
I'm at the point of taking Vicodin. Started with half a pill at about noon. I was good until about 4pm. So, I took the other half. Lasted about half an hour before I was in pain again. So, I decided to say, screw it, and took another full pill about 2 hours after that. Didn't do crap.  

Deppfan

Fujita_Makos

Shirtless Exhibitionist

10,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 pm
yeah dentists are idiots.. but there are a small few who are good ones. but the one i have is beyond idiot.
he overlooks a cavity after 3 visits. the 3rd time he left the building leaving the assisants to work clean my teach while he left and never came back the 4th time he found it.. the 5th visit filled one of the cavity holes he found but not the one that he overlooked 3 times.and get this.. the hole that is being overlooked is one he filled already and it fell out shortly after he put it in and it was probally during my sleep.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:25 pm
Wow, where did your dentist graduate from?  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Dangerous Noob

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:31 pm
Well its not really the dentist's fault. Your wisdom teeth might have looked fine, no crowding or anything like that. But that can't foresee how they'll actually affect you.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:38 pm
Oh I know. It just hurts so badly I wanna blame somebody. smilies/icon_xp.gif  

Deppfan

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:42 pm
Makes sense. Mine have bothered me a few times (usually only lasts a day or two but sometimes it REALLY hurts). But since I'm pregnant I can't do anything about it. And since I'm breastfeeding I can't do anything about it then either. So I'm screwed. lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:10 pm
Oh man. That part sucks. I found that holding a very warm washcloth to the side of my face helps some. The heat probably seeps in and soothes the muscles some. So that's always at least a temporary option for you.  

Deppfan

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:15 pm
I've tried that. And for some reason brushing my teeth helps too. Maybe the minty taste?

There really is no medicine I can take. I can take a very small amount of tylenol, but that doesn't work at all. So yeah.

It hasn't bothered me in a few months though thankfully.

I'll probably see if I can get mine out once I stop breastfeeding. But since I'm planning on doing it for at least a year it'll be a while.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:05 pm
For your pain take some Advil and that will clear right up. smilies/icon_3nodding.gif

A pair of pliers is another option.  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

15,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:29 pm
You could do like in the cartoons, attatch a string to the tooth and then the car in the other and then drive the car away. smilies/icon_xp.gif  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 pm
I still have my wisdom teeth... and the last time I had a dentist appointment (probably a year ago by now) they had concerns about them bothering me. So far they haven't bothered me yet. I don't have medical insurance now, anyway, so even if they did, I don't really know whether I would be able to do anything about it. smilies/icon_whee.gif  

Prof. Moonie

Rainbow Nerd

12,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Deppfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:50 pm
Zat In The Hat Wrote:
For your pain take some Advil and that will clear right up. smilies/icon_3nodding.gif

A pair of pliers is another option.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if Vicodin wasn't working, Advils' not gonna do s**t.

@Z: I'd do that.... but the problem tooth isn't accessible. It's still under my gums.

Things seem to be better... some. Seems less swollen, and the pain isn't unbearable anymore.... just annoying, and causing headaches.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games