*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
One And The Same?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think fallen angels and demons are the same thing?
  Yes
  No
  I don't know!
  What?
View Results

AbbyGirlForever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:43 pm
Since this came up earlier, I decided to pose the question to everyone.

Are fallen angels and demons the same thing? Give me scriptural proof for your answer. Don't just say yes or no and not explain it.

I don't think they are, but I want to see what you all say before I say why.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:43 pm
"Same thing" Well...Lucifer and his minions were all angels before they left Heaven. The word angel means messanger, and, really, you do see them both carrying out the same kind of work. Angels work for God. Demons work for Satan, and I could come up with many more comparisons.

So, yeah, angels and deamons are the same thing. They're messangers, but they are certanily nothing alike.  

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

knivesl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:37 pm
Well actually the i believe that the fallen angels are the principalities that ephesians 6 refers to. where we dont battle against flesh and blood but against the rulers and principalities of this dark world...

demons have a different job i guess in a way they could have been given different jobs based on the class of angel that they were ... there really is no way for us to tell but we will know when we pass on to the kingdom

just so you know...
the class of angels i was talking about were like cherabim and seraphim they both have different jobs in heaven and maybe that is the case with the fallen angels  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:42 pm
I do believe that the fallen angels theory started in the 4th century. I can't produce a verse at this very moment saying yes it's true or not, but I don't think they are the same. They may have similar jobs, but that doesn't mean anything. More later.  

vampy dave

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:45 pm
I, personally, believe in the fallen nature of the Enemy. That is to say, I believe that there was once a great rebellion in Heaven, headed by The Satan (whose name, while it is believed to be Lucifer, is unknown to man). The Satan, in his pride, attempted to wrest control of all Creation from God. This is known today as The Fall.

Unfourtunatly, I cannot think of any verses to back this up so, unfourtunatly, my point should be taken wiht a grain of salt.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:33 pm
well, yes and no. yes because of the whole satan case. and no, because what if an angel fall but didnt do anything evil after that. are they still consider demons?  

sunshinehearttrob

RatTurd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:10 am
Most know demons as disembodied spirits and mistakenly put them in the same group as fallen angels (angels who rebelled against God and were kicked out of heaven). However, they are not the same. Demons (evil spirits) are the disembodied spirits of the fallen angels mixed with the seed of men. While fallen angels have their own bodies and do not "die."  
Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games