Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for Fantasy
● █ ▌▌The Dreaming ((Accepting))

Quick Reply

Submit

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:16 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

An orginal roleplay by The Sweet Far Thing
Based on the Graphic novel by Queenie Chan
Layout designed by The Sweet Far Thing
Character ProfilesxxOOC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 am

I n t r o d u c t i o n

A bitumen of maddening thoughts,
Stir in the cauldron of my heart,
Mixed with fear and dread, they're thought,
The whole world is against me.
I know they're out to get me!

I cower in the shadow's gloom,
In the deepest corner of my room,
To feel safe within my quilted womb,
Away from their bloody misery.

I surface with a darting eye,
Is it really safe to rise?
Or is someone lurking there, outside,
Waiting at my entry?

The ghosts from my haunted past,
Are gathering within my thoughts,
The skeletons from my closet, mass,
To wail their haunted medley.

Dark deeds done so long ago,
Dark deeds buried with the snow,
Sail back downstream with the thaw,
To berth within my memories.

Was that a tap upon my door?
A shadow cast upon my floor?
Did the doorknob really rattle so?
Did a spectre just walk through me?

My eyes are dark with worry's woes,
My body shakes from head to toe,
The fear of something I don't know,
Has cast it's terror upon me.

I rue the day I done the deed,
I rue the anger that raged deep,
I rue the day I left them dead,
Their penalty for taunting me.

I fear reprisal will come soon,
Retaliation will be my doom,
Revenge for all the wrongs I'd done,
I drown in my self pity.

I try to plead my sorry state,
To beg forgiveness for their fate,
But I fear my pleas have come too late,
Their hands are reaching for me.

They scream and wail into my mind,
I close my ears and eyes to find,
The nightmare memories of how they died,
And the slaughter I inflicted,

The crescendo of their screams and wails,
Claw through my guilt with sharpened nails,
My last vestige of resistance fails,
And I cede my soul to thee.
I cede that they have got me!

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:51 pm

S t o r y

(( watch ))

During the Victorian era, Meriwether Finishing School for girls was opened and many rich and well known families from around the world sent their daughters there for a proper education. The young women that attended were taught what every girl of the time should be; French, drawing, dancing, music, the use of globes, and how not to stand out within society. Most of their daily conversations consisted of the health of Queen Victoria and their future marriages to wealthy men who would never send them to a place that was so secluded from society that Meriwether was. Yet the seclusion was not their worst problem, Their biggest worry was Avril Meriwether.

Avril was formerly a governess in England, known for her cruel techniques for disciplining her charges. One such example, of locking them in wardrobes, resulted in a girl going mad and biting off her tongue. Her reputation ruined, Avril bought a patch of land in the Australian Bush, away from prying eyes, and founded her school. Her fresh start allowed her to begin taking in young charges from unsuspecting parents. She continued her sadistic teachings, such as locking misbehaving students inside of a coffin that had air holes covered by black velvet. One such girl who suffered the most was an orphan, “she”, tormented by both Avril and the eleven other girls who made up the class.

"She" suffered the most at the hands of Avril Meriwether, having her hair cut off and regularly being locked inside the coffin Avril used for punishment. The girl could take no more of the torture and ran into the deep Australian bush, a place where she could escape the torture and embrace the quiet. One day, "She" ran into the Bush surrounding the school, where it is believed she came across a quinkan, an Australian spirit of the Dreaming who was also the "Fairy King", and sold her soul in return for revenge.

All was right when out of nowhere, the school began to loose contact with the outside world, the families no longer receiving letters from their daughters and the local food suppliers no longer had any orders for supplies. When rescuers and investigators were sent there, they found the place completely empty. The only person that was found there was a small girl, covered in blood and clutching an axe. To the men, she screamed "She came back for us all! I can’t sleep or I’ll be like her!" The girl later died that night from an unknown cause. British police declared that the missing girl's had all been killed by natives and the native village not far away was burnt down, no survivors left, innocent souls lost... The natives said that this faceless girl was a quinkan, or a spirit of the dreaming that preys on the souls of children and that it would come for them all in the dreaming.

The year is now 2011, Meriwether Finishing School no longer exists and instead the building renamed in the Meriwether family, now called Greenwhich Private School. From all over thw world students from grades sixth through twelfth of all differant races and religions attend the school in hopes of one day becoming something big or if their parents bank accounts pay for such. Yet things are not not they appear. Since the school's opening sixty years ago young women had gone missing after simply wandering into the bush in the middle of the night.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:53 pm

S c h o o l . I n f o r m a t i o n

- At this establishment, students are expected to work to their potential and do achieve for the best. Failure is not an option! Those students who are struggling in any of their classes will be recommended to attend after class study sessions.

- Students are not to leave the building after dark and are to either stay in the student common room, their dorms, the cafeteria, or in a classroom with a teacher's permission.

- Students are to never wander into the bush, those who do will have to face severe punishments!

- Female and male dorms are on separate floors of the building. Males are on the second floor and females are on the third.

- The Dorm Rooms hve a maximum of two people to a room.

Uniforms
xxxxxxxx

- During school hours, students are to be in uniform (7:30 am - 4:00pm)

- Students are allowed to wear casual clothing as long as it is school appropriate

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:20 am

C l a s s . I n f o r m a t i o n

- Classes begin at eight in the morning on Mondays through Saturday and end at four

- No Classes on Sunday

- Students have six classes on their daily schedual

- Classes offered

(( a ✦ next to the class means that it is an elective for college bound older students. The rest are required. ))

Maths

Sixth grade basic math
Seventh grade basic math
pre algebra (grade eight)
Algebra (grade nine)
Geometry (grade ten)
Consumer's math (grade eleven)
Algebra 2 ✦
Pre Calculus ✦
Calculus ✦
Statistics ✦

Language Arts

Basic grade level English (grades six through eight)
English nine
Honors English nine ✦
English ten
Honors English ten ✦
English Eleven
Honors English eleven ✦
English Twelve
Honors English Twelve ✦
Creative Writing
Mythology
Shakespeare ✦

Sciences

Basic Grade level Sciences (grades six through eight)
Earth Science (grade nine)
Biology (grade ten)
Health (any grade level)
Advanced Biology ✦
Chemistry ✦
Physics ✦
Zoology ✦
Advanced Life Science ✦

Social Sciences
Basic Grade level history (grades six through nine)
World History
Economics
Goverment
Current Issues
Psychology ✦

Languages

German
Spanish
Chinese
Franch

Electives

Art fundementals
Computer Graphics
Mechanical Drawing
Ceramics
Painting and Drawing
Home Economics
Photography
Jewelry
Student orchestra
Chior
Speech

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:43 pm

R o o m . M a t e . A s s i g n m e n t s

Girls

Haruka Mist Lin + Aricia Eleison Manici
Calliope Elizabeth Lawson +
-
-
-
-
-

Boys

Richard Paul Lawson + Samuel Ethan Brookfield
-
-
-
-
-
-

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 pm

S t u d e n t s

xxxxxxxxxxMISTER STUDENTxxx
xxxxxxx"How am I? Why the hell should you care?"

xxxxxxxxxxx Samuel Ethan Brookfield
xxxxxxxxxxx Thirteen years old!
xxxxxxxxxxx In the nineth grade
xxxxxxxxxxx Mischievous, sarcastic and blatantly intelligent
xxxxxxxxxxx XHeartless-ReaperXX

xxxxxxx xxxMISS STUDENTxxx
xxxxxxx"Please excuse me I have something I want to try. "

xxxxxxxxxxx Aricia Eleison Manici
xxxxxxxxxxx Seventeen years old!
xxxxxxxxxxx In the 12th grade
xxxxxxxxxxx Eccentric, Daring, Strong Willed
xxxxxxxxxxx Chiyo Yukiko

xxxxxxxxxxMISTER STUDENTxxx
xxxxxxx"What? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of me not caring."

xxxxxxxxxxx Richard Paul Lawson
xxxxxxxxxxx Sixteen years old!
xxxxxxxxxxx In the eleventh grade
xxxxxxxxxxx sarcastic, easily bored, and rude
xxxxxxxxxxx The Sweet Far Thing

xxxxxxxxxxMISS STUDENTxxx
xxxxxxx"I am not really good with social situations, so you'll have to talk to my brother."

xxxxxxxxxxx Calliope-Elizabeth Lawson
xxxxxxxxxxx Sixteen years old!
xxxxxxxxxxx intelligent, socially awkward, shy
xxxxxxxxxxx The Sweet Far Thing

xxxxxxxxxxMISS STUDENTxxx
xxxxxxx"Eh? What? Im sorry could you repeat that? I wasnt listening to you.... "

xxxxxxxxxxx Haruka Mist Lin
xxxxxxxxxxx Seventeen years old!
xxxxxxxxxxx quite, protective, nice
xxxxxxxxxxx Bravery-Homunculus  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:50 pm

T e a c h e r s

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:33 pm

R u l e s

- I am the God of this RP. Please don't question me or argue with me. I have control of the plot and can add any twist I desire. This also means that I control the faceless girl, known as "she"

- Obey the Gaia ToS

- PM profile all profiles to me. Do not post them here or you will be black listed!

- If you're going to be unable to RP for a while, then PM me and any of the people you were presently RPing with, so that they can continue the story without you, until you come back. If you have decided to not RP anymore, I'll have your character written off in the story.

- Title the PM, with "Lost in Dreaming" that goes for teachers and students

- Romance is encouraged but absolutely no cybering! I have been asked about couples that will be allowed here many times.

- No killing another character without permission from the user, that will get you black listed.

- Do not send a profile then don't post, you much post at least once a week, if you do not and do not notify within that week as to why you can't post you will be kicked from the RP, your character being transferred or killed off.

- Original characters are encouraged! I do not want anybody stealing anyone’s stories nor do I want a bunch of emo kids crying about how lame they are. If anybody does anything like it I will not accept your character. Again though, I cannot stress the Mary-Sues enough. Not all character are perfect (for example: NO Bella Swans or Edward Cullens!). Also remember that not all characters can be a medium between world and talk to ghosts, it gets tired after awhile.

- All Posts must be in the third person past tense. Ex: "Robert walked to the store to buy a can of oranges." No posting like this: "Robert WaLks to teh store and by a can of oranges". Proper punctuation is our friend; your Language Arts or English teachers should have taught you that. If not, then use “spell check” if your computer allows you to.

- Try to make all of your posts be at least one proper paragraph. For those who do not know what one is let me enlighten you; a paragraph is at least five sentences with these wonderful things called commas, periods, and spaces. I do not want to see any run on sentences like this: "Roberts ran to the store to buy some oranges since he was hungry and did not want to eat his mother's meatloaf since it was made of asbestos and rat droppings." nor do I want to see this "Robert walked to the store to buy some oranges.he was hungry and didnt want to eats his mothers meat loaf because it was made of asbestos and rat droppings" If I see anything like that I will personally ask you to improve your grammar or this might happen; "Robert was tired of life because of the way that he was being controlled by the role player that created him so he decided to end his life by eating his mother's asbestos ridden meat loaf. "Goodbye sweet world" he whispered as he took that fateful bite."

- Posts must be pretty! There must be color text (no bright colors). Pictures and elaborate post styles are wanted! No giant images though. And I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT STEAL MY LAYOUTS. I put out a lot of hard work into them, work I should put into my schoolwork but don't. If you want me to make a layout, I will take commissions, but it will cost you (1000gg for simple ones advanced ones will be 3000gg and up, depending on the number of pics and colors). Too many people have stolen them from me without asking so I will no longer do them for free. Sorry but there are many to blame for this!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 pm

C h a r a c t e r . S k e l e t o n

Send me both profiles at the same time

Code:
[imgleft]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x310/Rainaque/Roleplay Graphics/RECYCLED GRAPHICS/kh-nocturne-2-1.jpg[/imgleft][color=white]xxxxxxx[/color][size=24][u][color=white]xxx[/color][color=COLORONE][b]【[/b][/color]MISS/MISTER [color=COLORTWO]✦[/color] ROLE[color=COLORONE][b]】[/b][/color][color=white]xxx[/color][/u][/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxx[/color][size=10][color=gray]"short character's quote to being greeted by a stranger. "[/color][/size]

[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=11][color=color2]✦[/color] [color=gray]first middle last[/color][/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=11][color=color2]✦[/color][color=gray] ((age in words)) years old![/color][/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=11][color=color2]✦[/color] [color=gray]In the ((grade)) grade[/color][/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=11][color=color2]✦[/color] [color=gray]three personality traits[/color][/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=11][color=color2]✦[/color] [color=gray]username[/color][/size]

Code:
[align=right](( anime pic here keep it a decent size ))[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/align]

[size=14]✦[/size][color=white]xxxxxx[/color] [size=16][b][color=color1]First Name[/color][color=white].[/color][color=color1].[/color][color=white].[/color][color=color1]Last Name[/color][/b][/size]
[size=20]||[/size][color=color2][size=20] ☇ ☇[/size][/color]

[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]→[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][size=10]Age:[/size][/b][color=white]x[/color][/size] [size=10]((age))[/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]→[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][size=10]Gender:[/size][/b][color=white]x[/color][/size] [size=10]((gender))[/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]→[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][size=10]Role:[/size][/b][color=white]x[/color][/size] [size=10]((studebt or teacher, if a student put your grade and if a teacher put down the class you teach))[/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]→[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][size=10]My song:[/size][/b][color=white]x[/color][/size] [size=10][url=Theme song url]title[/url] [b]//[/b] artist  [/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]→[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][size=10]Give me more:[/size][/b][color=white]x[/color][/size] [size=10]((likes))[/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]→[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][size=10]Burn them:[/size][/b][color=white]x[/color][/size] [size=10]((hates))[/size]

[color=color1]↘↘[/color][color=white]xxx[/color][color=color2][size=16]May day...[/size][/color]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [size=11](( classes here))[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[color=color1]↘↘[/color][color=white]xxx[/color][color=color2][size=16]Dear Diary...[/size][/color]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [size=11](( full bio here at least two full paragraphs ))[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[color=color1]↘↘[/color][color=white]xxx[/color][color=color2][size=16]I am a bit...[/size][/color]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [size=11](( personality here one paragraph you can also put down crushes and enemies here along with relationships with other characters ))[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[align=center][i]Username[/i][/align]

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:19 pm

M I A . L i s t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 pm

W h i t e . L i s t

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 pm

B l a c k . L i s t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:26 pm
smilies/icon_heart.gif  

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

XHeartless-ReaperXX

Distinct Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:35 pm
((Psst. Do we post the posting styles here or in the OOC???))  
RP for Fantasy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games