Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:29 am
this is the TOC

next is some miscellaneous ideas that aren't quite quests

then there is the accomplished negquest

then there is the accomplished bumblequest

then there's mountain crash, the m:tg red wizard

then there's xylobone, the spooky scary skeleton

then there's trail guide, the carousel phony I didn't know I wanted until I was done coloring him

then there's heartwyrm the dragon pony, because everything in my life needs to be dragons apparently

then there's shell game, the pink prank punk

then there's over easy and grease trap, diner-operating brothers with very different outlooks on life

then there's melonaide, a dyslexic and happy-go-lucky filly

then there's merrybelle, a musician that prefers carols above all else  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:30 am
Collection of miscellaneous ideas;

Cartoon villain pony. Need some d**k Dastardly up in this s**t. Hella purple.

On that note, something purple and brown.  

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 pm
Name: Negative
Type: Erf
Body Porple
Eyes: Socketty-like wif a bitty glowwy ball fer a pupil
Hair: Shawrt stiff 'hawk, same porple
Cutie Mark 8D: Dunno, draggny-wing thing mebbe, or as seen in piccachure
Brief Character Description: M'name is Negative, howdeedoo. I like lernin' an' laughin' an' eatin' dead things.
+ Ref pics where possible: Drawrins drawrins drawrins

Acquired!

... Or, translated from Nega-ese,

Name: Negative
Type: Earth
Body Low saturation, middle brightness purple
Eyes: A black socket with a glowing ball that serves as a pupil
Hair: A short, bristly mohawk, the same shade of purple
Cutie Mark 8D: A highly-stylized dragon wing, or else the symbol seen in the reference picture.
Brief Character Description: Negative is a little off. He means well, and he genuinely cares about other people, but he's got a few key ideas mixed up - for example, most Phonies don't scavenge their food, or spend most of their time in the wilds on their lonesome, or sing songs about violence and criminal behavior as easily as those about merry songbirds and love. Someday, someone might teach him better, but for now? Kinda creepy. The accent doesn't help.
+ Ref pics where possible: 2 AM doodle yay

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fireflight: ...charmin'. The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [auction/RLC or where stated], due to his special eyes and mouth.

Acquired.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 am
Name: Bumble Thunder
Body Orange (#ff5511, or something in that hue)
Eyes: PURPLE (#aa00bb, or something in that hue)
Hair: Bluuuuue (#00aaee, or something in that hue) (would appreciate colors being of similar saturation and brightness to each other)
Cutie Mark 8D: A thunderbolt orbited by a bee.
Brief Character Description: If you want a fight, Bumble Thunder's your gal! Got a thing against hitting ladies? Then you're a sucker and she'll take you down twice as fast. In battle, Thunder is unscrupulous and lightning quick; outside of it, however, the Bumble starts to show through. She tends to stumble through interpersonal interactions, never saying the right things and always quick to anger or take offense.
+ Ref pics where possible: she is a fighting pony. I would like her to have a belt, maybe with some pouches, if possible, but I understand that phonywear is like hard to come by and s**t. Her hair should be messy and short, and her tail short as well - harder to grab onto, that way, very practical.
refrence image link

Fireflight: Assuming she doesn't come with her accessories. [And of course, you know you could always goldbribe for her accessories next time - this one can be put on retroactively just fine.]

Acquired in Customfest '13!  

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 am
Name: Mountain Crash
Type: Unicorn, draft
Body Light yellow-orange.
Eyes: FIRE
Hair: Tri-color hair in firey tones; short and mutton choppy on the head, medium long for the tail, and kinda fire-shaped for both. No more tail tie, because I realized today how much of a pain that is to draw, what the hell was I thinking.
Cutie Mark 8D: The M:tG Mountain symbol in a dark reddish brown
Brief Character Description: Mountian Crash is all hells of competitive! He will take on any challenge if you goad him enough, and takes even simple games FAR too seriously. He is the min/maxer, the card counter, the no-items-fox-only-final-destination player that you don't want to play with because his brutal efficiency takes all the fun out of the game and makes it something harsh and unpleasant. He does everything he can to assure his victory, but he plays by the rules through all of it - though it is notable that he goes by the letter of the law, not the spirit. If he were as enthusiastic about the judicial system as he were about card and video games, he'd be one hell of a lawyer.
+ Ref pics where possible:
original ref
Hell yeah.

Fireflight: The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [auction/RLC or where stated], due to his tail accessory! That's about it I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:48 am
Name: Xylobone
Body A very dark near-black. She's got bone white hooves. If she were shorter than average, also, that would be rad as hell!
Eyes: Red twinkle eyes with black sclera. (may as well go whole hog if she's gonna be non-normative anyways, right?)
Hair: Bone white with a few streaks of body color, in a short and fun style - or a smooth mane, like in the ref.
Cutie Mark 8D: Twice-as-fancy - ribs and a skull, approximately where those actually go. The ribs are being hit by a mallet.
Brief Character Description: She is basically a children's Halloween party personified; makes really lame monster jokes, loves the not-so-spooky stuff like plastic fangs and cotton spiderwebs, always has tons of candy hidden pretty much everywhere. She can play any instrument you swing a stick or a mallet at. She's the sole proprietor of a slightly spooky instrument shop.
HOLLLAAAAA
you can feel free to simplify the bones - like, a lot. I went way overboard. I guarantee I will be happy with however many bones you want to draw.

Fireflight: The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [laddered auction/RLC or where stated], due to her Twice as Fancy markings and non-normative Twinkle Eye with black sclera.
Just a few notes: 1. with the Phony outline contrast, a darker black can't have a black outline (we go grey)- if we retain a black outline, the darkest she'll be is medium-grey at best. I also suggest that you either drop her cutiemark since her TaF is so expansive and would count as a cutiemark, or change the mallet handles to be bones and drop the ribcage in the cutiemark you have.

Alrighty, editing to bring her up to spec! did the thing  

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 am
Name: Trail Guide
Type: Earth Carousel
Body Kinda warm leathery color. Has a creamy blaze on his forehead, and a splotch on one foreleg, and also freckles.
Eyes: Wide and cheerful green eyes!
Hair: Short and kinda curly hair, middlin' long and straight tail. Darker brown color.
Cutie Mark 8D: Er, saddle. It's really plain, but comfortable. His neck pad is... well either holds maps/brochures or it's a cupholder. Honestly I'm leaning towards the latter, but if the brochures work better for you, that's cool.
Brief Character Description: God. He's really energetic, enthusiastic and helpful, but he's also kind of a doormat because he's kinda clueless. He works as a tour guide for Phonyland but also leads camping trips in his free time.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:50 am
Name: Heartwyrm
Type: Pegasus?
Body Short and fat. Pleasant light green.
Eyes: Round and kind, but an evil red.
Hair: A sensible, plain, brown bob.
Cutie Mark 8D: Mark - fill in center optional.
Brief Character Description: Heartwyrm is a very plain, unassuming lady. Most of the day, she works as a vet, taking care of animals both engineered and not (though she specializes in exotics, especially reptiles and amphibians). At home, she mostly watches soap operas and crime dramas, and sometimes reads trashy romance novels. With her sensible brown bob and warm smile, she brings to mind a housewife or a soccer mom, and has the sort of personality you'd expect with that; caring, maybe a little too overbearing, kind of bossy, but really she's just looking out for your best interests. Her one berserk button is the welfare of animals - if you do anything that even looks mean to an animal, expect the fur to fly!

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:35 pm
Name: Shell Game
Type: Mer
Body Pank! Tiny and slight.
Eyes: Lime green
Hair: Pank! and punk!
Cutie Mark 8D: Three clamshells, one with a pearl.
Brief Character Description: Frickin awful I'm sorry. Self-centered and shellfish, fresh and salty. Loves nothing more than a good prank - especially if it's the kind of prank she can make a profit off of! A professional ripoff artist, she's char-ismatic enough to be mistaken as a lovable floundrel until it's too late and the metaphorical knifejaw is in your back. May also have a weakness for fish puns.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:25 am
Name: Over Easy
Type: unicorn
Body The delicious warm gold of a runny egg yolk. Decidedly rotund - a fatty fatty boomalatty.
Eyes: Drooping and relaxed, a little sad and a little sweet. A dark/desaturated brown.
Hair: Medium length and wavy, striped in a yellow-white, dull pink, and a sort of reddish brown. It's distinctly reminiscent of bacon.
Cutie Mark 8D: a smiley face made of eggs, with yolks for eyes and a bacon smile. Maybe on a plate?
Brief Character Description: Runs a greasy spoon diner with his brother, Grease. Easy's a big softie, and has a sympathetic ear for everyone's troubles. He often waives payment for folks who're having a really bad time, or who couldn't afford to pay, as long as they don't make a habit of it.
see below.

Name: Grease Trap
Type: unicorn
Body The frankly kind of gross color of a hard-boiled egg yolk. On the heavy side of average, but next to his brother he looks positively fit.
Eyes: Almost always narrowed in suspicion. A lively, bright hazel/amber-y brown color.
Hair: Medium length and slicked back, striped in a yellow-white, dull pink, and a sort of reddish brown, and definitely looking... greasy.
Cutie Mark 8D: A fry basket half-submerged in some hot oil.
Brief Character Description: A sleazy, maybe slightly paranoid, gossip, with a jealous heart, a wary nature, and a short temper. Of the two brothers, he's the one with the most business sense. Easy's philanthropy drives him mad, but he can't object without looking like an a*****e - which he is, kind of, but he can't let anyone else know that.

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:01 am
Name: Melonaide
Body Pink pink pink watermelon pink. Gradient entirely optional. Chunky build! Also she has freckles the same color as her cutie mark seeds.
Eyes: Melon rind green!
Hair: Melon rind greens!! medium green with dark and light stripes. Perfume puff curly-wurls!
Cutie Mark 8D: TAF watermelon seeds mostly on her thigh, but speckled elsewhere is ok too.
Brief Character Description: Oh my god does phonyland REALLY need another food service phony?? Who cares, Melonaide's life's purpose is to make some bitchin fruit drinks so that's what she's gonna do! She's cheerful and optimistic and a little dyslexic.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 am
Name: Merrybelle
Type: Unicorn
Body Sort of a medium red, average build.
Eyes: Pine green
Hair: Pine green, gradated, broad curls in sheets. Not EXACTLY like rarity's, but in the same vein.
Cutie Mark 8D: A gold bell with three musical notes above/around it.
Brief Character Description: A professional caroler. She's reserved and dainty, but has a good sense of humor too, and likes having fun as much as the next phony.

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

Product Proposals | Quest Threads for Customs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces