Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:55 pm
I kinda just wanted to share a story with everyone. Today at work, (I work in retail) and I saw someone steal like three or four gift boxes (it was polo. men's. and it was over a hundred dollars worth, anyways). I yelled "HEY!" to the guy but he kept on walking.
I called security TWICE while the guy was still in the store.
they didn't answer and so, the guy got away with the stolen merchandise.

For the rest of the day, I was bummed . I was angry at myself for not doing more (there wasn't much I could do.) I was angry that my other co-workers weren't around to help. I was angry that the guy got away. I was angry at security for not answering.
But mostly, just upset with myself.

However.
Balance is a part of life, good and bad things. Recently, I've been thinking about having more Pagan friends ( don't get me wrong, love you guys) but in real life, so that I could have someone to comfortably talk about stuff with. I know two people who are pagan, but I don't see them much / don't really follow their beliefs. The girl I know believes shes "inheriting her grandmothers power." and "was once a faye princess in another life." and "has a vampire guardian".
Don't get me wrong, it's all possible kind of fluffy though, in my humble opinion.

I'm rambling.

Anyways, I ended up meeting these nice people, and one of them had complimented my pentagram. I was shocked enough that he knew what a pentagram was--since most people just assume it's the jewish star or something. He had asked me what I was doing for Yule and if I ever met with any other Pagans / got together to celebrate. I said no, since my town was really small and it's just tough to meet people who believe in what I believe in.

Long story short, he works at a pagan store about five minutes from my town and he said that I could always stop in anytime and talk to the owner, she's really nice, and this conversation just really brightened my mood. I was so happy and it practically made me forget about the guy who had stolen stuff a few hours ago.

<3
So, that's my rather long-winded story~
What do you think about balance in everyday life? Do the good things and the bad things balance out? Does your mood start bad and then end up OK due to some random thing / encounter?
c:
Feel free to share / comment on my story / give advice.

Blessed Be!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:12 pm
It's always a princess, a dragon or something like that. You never hear somebody say they were just a normal person in another life :3

Just sayin'.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:33 pm
I was a normal person in a past life~

But I know what you mean.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 pm
Personally, my moods tend to be out of whack most of the time. Instead of being put in a bad mood and having something good happen to balance it, I get stuck in a "bad juju vortex" (as I lovingly call them) until I eventually fade into an alright mood. In other words, I think that there's plenty of balance in life, though it's usually not so obvious or immediate. Sometimes, it seems like the bad far outweighs the good, but the good comes in time. From that perspective, you could say that patience is more important than endurance, or maybe they're the same thing.

Interesting story, by the way. ^^  

Atrum_Anima

Lexenos the Gypsy Bard

10,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 pm
User Image

I was an a*****e in a previous life. ;~;

"The balance of the universe" is the biggest thing I believe in. There must be balance in EVERYTHING. Biggest thing that I see is in personalities, for example I'm incredibly smart and could easily ace my classes, but I'm lazy as s**t so I don't work hardly at all so I come away with mediocre grades.

I do believe that for every good there is a bad, and every bad there is a good. This may mean one bad person and one good person, or it may mean if something bad happens to you something good will happen later. I also believe in mind over matter and self fulfilling prophesies though. wink Which goes along with Atrum's bad juju vortex.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:45 pm
I was always told/believed recently that balance is karma, it is neither good or bad ( but i still say its all how you look at it, everything happens for a reason)  

ummei

4,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items