"Mama. How did you meet Dad?"

Mioyo was blindsided by Shinigami's question and looked to her daughter as the lioness's curious green eyes, a reflection of her own, and sighed.

"Why would you ask that, Shinigami? Is something bothering you."

The dark lioness mulled over her thoughts before answering her mother, looking down, then to her again.

"I want to know. I want to understand why Duo... Doiesn't seem to want to be around anymore. I... I've seen things, Mama."

Mioyo was quiet, and sighed. So, she was right. Shinigami had the Gift Kohrisu had, that her great grandson had, and her grand daughter.

"I met your father... Because he saved my life."

The silence persisted,c Shionigami coaxing more from her mother wordlessly.

"I had come from the desert, out of a battle... I was tired, hungry, and thirsty, and I couldn't go further, so... I collapsed.."

"You, Mama? Collapsing?"

"Yes. When I woke up, Sere and your father had taken me into their den on the Second Colony. They were worried a lioness of my size and colours would be forced into the Aristocracy and brought me home. Sere kept watch... And... Your father took care of me until I was stronger."

Shinigami closed her eyes, letting her mother's words wash over her. In the corner of her vision she could see a male figure, a shadow, tucking close to her mother, a giant, gallant male that tended her gently, adorringly, ensuring shje was fed and had water.

Mioyo smiled sadly, watching Shinigami, her own eyes tearing up.

"Your father was... A good lion, Shinigami. He wanted nothing more than to see his children grow up healthy and happy. He would be proud of you, all of you."

"Do you think so Mama?" Shinigami looked to her mother. Mioyo nodded, and closed her eyes, shoulders shuddering.

"Shinigami... I... Have a confession to you."

"Mama?"

"Your father wasn't another fling like your brothers say. I... Fell in love with him."

Shinigami froze, looking to her mother.

"...Mates, Mama?"

"We talked about it. The plan had been.. When you were grown... To... See to it you returned to the Colonies to learn from him. We would be lovers long distance, but... Treize's Grandfather... Saw me. He thought your father stole an Aristocrat away, and... When they came for us... Your father fought off the soildiers while Sere and I escaped. He died to ensure you and your siblingss were born."

A longer, uncomfortable silence continued now, Shinigami mulling the thought over. Mioyo letting her, closing her eyes. She felt her age catching up to her and the fear of death coming too soon was on her mind, before Shinigami spoke again.

"Mama? Why am I like this? Why do I see... Things?"

"Because you have a gift not even the Gods themselves have." Mioyo smiled softly, grooming her daughter's ear. "It runs deep in our family, and you'll not see many with it at the same time. It's a gift you can use to help people, Shini. A gift to change the future and to know how to guide others."

"I don't want to lead, Mama. Sere... Sere and others say I'm a god reborn."

Mioyo looked to shinigami and snorted, ears going back some.

"Do you believe that?"

"No..."

"Good. A god knows they go through rebirtyh. A mortal... Unless gifted Godhood.... Only tastes life once. It is our gift and our curse to only walk this world once, to live as we can once."

"Deathscythe then...?"

"Was a mortal. A very good, strong mortal."

"So... I was right. I'm not Deathscythe."

"No, but likely a very close descendant." Mioyo smiled. Shinigami looked at her paws, thoughtfully, and looked up and to her, nodding, then grinned.

"But to others..."

"...Yes. You could easily play the incarnation of Deathscythe. It may.. Help."

"Helpo? Help the colonies?"

"Yes, Shinigami." Mioyo smiled warmly. Shinigami purred, smiling as she mulled this over. She COULD help! Mioyo smiled, pawing her daughter gently, to calm the building excitement. Shinigami blinked, grinning sheepishluy, and Mioyo smiled ghood-naturedly at her. The girl's joy was understandable, Still, restraint was good. Shinigami was too much like Mioyo in her youth. Exciteable, fierce, proud. Mioyo smiled, recalling her own childhood, a princess fancying herself a warrior, only now to be treated as wise. No longer was she foolhardy. Experiancve stripped her of that, but Shinigami's own fire was bright, and clear in her eyes. Her mother's eyes.

Shinigami smiled, rubbing her mother before bounding out, moving.

Shinigami felt like dancing, singing, the sensation of joy welling in her chest as she danced and moved, making her way forb her den.

Mioyo sighed, smiling sadly and watching her go, closing her eyes. In her heart, she could picture the girl's father cuddled to her, watching the female go. But he wasn't there, nothing stood by her but the memory of his warmth, his touch... Their love, and she sighed softly, smiling.

"She took her fire from my own, G. ut her honour... Is yours." Mioyo whispered. The red lioness longed for his touch one last time, even once, then opened her eyes.

"Her marks came mostly of you... But her eyes... Her eyes are mine. I wish you could see her... G.... Hsiao."

M
Shinigami pranced for her den, mind churning over the newest data in her mind, but felt happy. Lighter, somehow, and moved contentedly, humming as she did so. Yes, yes, this was good! This was pleasant! She thought of her father and stretched, purring as she stopped for a drink ofg water, and began prancing again, murring evenly. Yes, she was definaitely contented. Life was very good. For once, she wasn't hurt or rejected or sad. She was happy, warm, and safe, a feeling she enjoyed hreatly as she stopped, rolling in some grass, thinking. Her father would be proud of them! Her mama said that! All the same she wished she had known him, met him, and sighed, thinking, before opening her eyes. She would ask the Prime Minister and Governess. They could know more, or even bother the crazy lioness Meiah. That could work too. But still... She had decided. She was going to meet her father, find his grave.

This, she decided, was her plan, as she moved into her own den and curled up, smiling as she too, fell asleep. Adventure!