Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Puberty Subforum
Ladies! I need your help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chel-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:54 pm
I am a senior at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, majoring in Illustration and minoring in Communication Design. For my senior thesis, I will be creating a puberty book for young girls. It will be different from the typical books one can purchase in the store because it will primarily be a collection of REAL stories from REAL women...like you! Let’s face it, middle school is a crappy time for most young girls. It’s the crossroad between being a kid and a woman and hormones are flying everywhere. Most girls don’t talk to their parents or friends about puberty at first. No one really knows who as it and who doesn't. Usually they open up in High School, but I want my book to fill in the time before. heart
This is where I need your help! This is for a good cause and I may even illustrate your story in my book. I've already been in the process of gathering content from coworkers, friends, family, classmates and faculty...but I would love more from people who don't live in my area!

I'm looking for anything on the following topics:
-The story of your first period..Where were you? How did you react? What did you do? etc.
-Any tips/advice/personal mishaps regarding tampons, pads, etc..
-Bra mishaps and what you did to resolve it.
-Advice/home remedies regarding cramps or PMS.
-Embarrassing stories AND how they were overcome
-Other misc advice for young girls going through puberty.

IMPORTANT NOTES: By offering me your story, you are giving me rights to both publish and sell your story if I should chose to market this book.
(If you are unsure if your story fits into this book, write it anyway! I need all the participation I can get and remember...this is for young girls around the age of 10. Let's keep it rated G, shall we lades?)
Also, please include your first name (or made up name) along with your age.

This is probably the style I will create the book in:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you are curious to what type of work I do, check out my site! But don't laugh... the site is still a work in progress. >_>

THANKS IN ADVANCE.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:06 pm
Haha I didn't get my first period until the last week of middle school. I remember because I had just bought my first thong, a white satin one. I freaked out and threw them out. I was actually so freaked out that I hid the fact I had gotten my period for another year and a half.

Makes me feel retarded now that I think about it. blaugh

Lindsay, 21  

Fallen_Angel_Eyes21

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:46 pm
My solution for cramps: 2 liquid Advil, a hot water bottle/heating pad, and a nap taken on my stomach. Almost always works for me.

Nicole, 24  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 pm
When I got my period I was on a mini vacation with my mom on a small island, I knew what was happening so I wasn't scared, but she didn't have any supplies so we had to go home.. I had to use toilet paper in my undies until we got home. >_<

I used pads at first but I really didn't like how they felt, so I switched it up to tampons the next day, plastic applicators are GREAT for learning how to put in a tampon, but they are wasteful, so once you get the hang of using a tampon switch to something with a cardboard applicator.

Working out helps with cramps, at least for me. My cramps have never really been severe enough to bother me, but working out really helps.

Don't be scared, it's all normal and happens to every woman! heart

Cheryl, 20

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Puberty Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out