Harry Potter in the 1800’s

On BlackLupin, a forum/website for people that have the same favourite pairing as me, heart one of my fellow puppyshippers, Moonypads, made an amusing discovery, and I thought that everyone here would enjoy knowing it as well. smile Here’s what she said:

"I was looking at a Top 100 boys name list and when I clicked on 1880-1889 I found something funny. I've added last names so you can see my amusement!

1. John Lupin, Remus
2. William Weasley (Bill)
3. James Potter
4. George Weasley
5. Charles Weasley
6. Frank Longbottom
7. Joseph
8. Henry
9. Robert
10. Thomas, Dean
11. Edward
12. Harry Potter
13. Walter
14. Arthur Weasley
15. Fred Weasley
16. Albert
17. Samuel
18. Clarence
19. Louis Weasley (Bill and Fleur’s youngest child)
20. David
21. Joe
22. Charlie Wealsey (again)
23. Richard
24. Ernest
25. Roy
26. Will
27. Andrew
28. Jesse
29. Oscar
30. Willie
31. Daniel
32. Benjamin
33. Carl
34. Sam
35. Alfred Cattermole*
36. Earl
37. Peter Pettigrew
38. Elmer
39. Frederick
40. Howard
41. Lewis
42. Ralph
43. Herbert Chorley* or Beery*
44. Paul
45. Lee Jordan
46. Tom Riddle
47. Herman
48. Martin Miggs*
49. Jacob
50. Michael Corner*
51. Jim McGuffin*
52. Claude
53. Ben
54. Eugene
55. Francis
56. Grover
57. Raymond
58. Harvey
59. Clyde
60. Edwin
61. Edgar Bones*
62. Ed
63. Lawrence
64. Bert
65. Chester
66. Jack
67. Otto Bagman*
68. Luther
69. Charley
70. Guy
71. Floyd
72. Ira
73. Ray
74. Hugh
75. Isaac
76. Oliver Wood
77. Patrick Properly Decapitated Delaney-Podmore*
78. Homer
79. Theodore Nott
80. Leonard
81. Leo
82. Alexander
83. August
84. Harold Dingle*
85. Allen
86. Jessie
87. Archie*
88. Philip
89. Stephen
90. Horace Slughorn
91. Marion
92. Bernard
93. Anthony
94. Julius
95. Warren
96. Leroy
97. Clifford
98. Eddie Carmichael*
99. Sidney
100. Milton

Chorley, Herbert
A Junior Minister to the British (Muggle) Prime Minister. Chorley had a bad reaction to a Death Eater's Imperius Curse and began impersonating a duck. He was subsequently hospitalized at St. Mungo's, where he attempted to strangle several Healers.

McGuffin, Jim
Weatherman on the evening news Vernon Dursley was watching on November 1, 1981

Miggs, Martin
Fictional character in a wizarding comic book that Ron was reading, The Adventures of Martin Miggs, the Mad Muggle

Archie - Old wizard with a penchant for flowered nightgowns; Archie refused to wear trousers at the World Cup campground, saying that he liked "a healthy breeze around his privates"

Bagman, Otto
Got into trouble with the Muggle Artifacts Office because of an unusual lawnmower, but Arthur Weasley straightened things out for him. Out of gratitude, Otto's brother Ludo then arranged the Weasleys' tickets to the Quidditch World Cup

Beery, Herbert
Hogwarts professor of Herbology when Dumbledore was a young Transfiguration teacher (so in the first half of the 20th century). He directed the one and only Hogwarts Christmas pantomime, based on "The Fountain of Fair Fortune". It was a complete disaster. After leaving Hogwarts, he taught at the Wizarding Academy of the Dramatic Arts, but he never again produced a play based on that particular story

Bones, Edgar
Brother of Amelia Susan Bones, uncle of Susan Bones, and member of the Order of the Phoenix in the 1970s.

Carmichael, Eddie
Ravenclaw, 1990 - 1997 (OP31)
Earned nine "Outstanding" O.W.L.s the year before Harry, Ron, and Hermione took theirs. He assured Harry and Ron that the credit belonged solely to Baruffio's Brain Elixir, but Hermione confiscated it before the boys could buy any -- quite possibly saving them a trip to the hospital wing in the process, considering the general quality of brain stimulants circulating that year.

Cattermole, Alfred - Son of Reginald and Mary Cattermole

Corner, Michael
Ravenclaw, 1991 - 1998
Michael is a dark-haired boy who met Ginny Weasley at the Yule Ball and began dating her at the end of the 1994 - 1995 school year; through Ginny, Michael and his friends joined the DA (OP16). Michael sulked so much after Gryffindor defeated Ravenclaw in 1996 that Ginny dumped him, after which he took up with Cho Chang.

Delaney-Podmore, Sir Patrick
A bearded ghost; leader of the Headless Hunt. Delaney-Podmore wrote to Nick denying his request for membership in the Hunt. Sir Patrick and the Hunt arrived at Nick's 500th Deathday party on horseback, then interrupted Nick's speech by playing a game of Head Hockey. Nick bitterly refers to him as "Sir Properly Decapitated-Podmore."

Dingle, Harold
Hogwarts student, 1990s.
Tried to sell what he claimed was powdered dragon claw to other students as a study aid; Hermione confiscated and destroyed them because they were really dried Doxy droppings"