Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unwashed Hooligans

Back to Guilds

TRU PUNX! PUNX 4 LIFE! OI OI OI! BEER CLASS! 

Tags: punk, anarchy, beer, Henry Rollins, hooligans 

Reply Talk About s**t
punx a** comix Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:01 pm
i have a list somewhere...

will be included soon...

yall need to stop being drug addicts and do something productive... like read comic books and weedle weedle away in the local guitar center. IVAN!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:53 pm
i'll have you know, bootz, that i'm in the process of writing 12 issue comic called the Apothecary.

and it's ******** rad as s**t.

and really up the a** with social commentary.

Jimmy Noun
Vice Captain

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:38 pm
what books did you read to inspire and inform your creative interest?

and i sure do like it up the a**....... with social commentary...

let me tell you  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:44 pm
none, i could count the number of comics i've read on my digits (half of them were The Thing), it was just an idea i had kicking around for a few months before i realized it couldn't work outside of a comic book.

mizz fanny and her nerd friends seem to like the rough drafts, at least

Jimmy Noun
Vice Captain

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 pm
fanny?

who dat?

someone i should know about?

awe s**t that reminds me of phran... remember phran... she hated my guts... poor girl.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:11 pm
fanny my lady friend

what's terrible is that despite our friendly enough relationship and the fact she put me up for a night i never learned phran's real name. or if i did i promptly forgot it.

Jimmy Noun
Vice Captain

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:50 pm
I read Batman comics. Cuz Batman is ******** awesome. But never like the single issue comics, I rather collect the big books. The Killing Joke is probably my all time favorite, along with the follow up "The Man Who Laughs".

Also enjoy Kick-a**, and have been way before the movie came out.

And I really enjoy picking up random one-shot comics, especially from Imagine Comics because they do a lot of quick 5-issue one-shots that are usually really fun to read. Grabbing one-shot original titles is how I found Kick-a**, actually. It looked ******** ridiculous, so I had to have it. Best decision ever. ******** awesome comic.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 am
batman is the s**t... of any mainstream superhero he is pretty much the coolest... being that he has no real super powers, and he has a reasonably realistic psychology.

I ******** love dysfunctional superhero stories... Watchmen, Kick-a**, Akira (just found the manga's at the public library), Dark ******** great.

I like alot of real world stories too, Just started on Locas, its about a couple of Mexican girls living it up in the SoCal punx scene. its pretty great.

Im mostly about the graphic novels tho... but i would love to get my hands on some tank girl books.  

Jungle Boots
Captain

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 pm
SoCal punx, something I need to find ASAP around here.

That's probably most favorite part about the Batman series, it's more in tune with the concept of real-life superheroes and supervillains. In that you basically have to be psychologically disturbed to do either. The irony that gets brought up time to time that Batman belongs in Arkham as much as the rest of the costumed loons is great stuff. Plus its nice to just read a comic about a regular guy swooping in and beating the s**t out of bad guys. No flying, super beams, throwing cars or any of that cartoony bullshit. Just an old fashioned fist to the face.

Watchmen was a really cool concept and I liked the psychological aspect of it, but it kinda dragged, and I didn't like the ending. Really, just do a series on The Comedian and life is grand, cuz he was really the only character I gave a s**t about.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 pm
rorshach kept me going... i ******** loved him....

him and manhattan... sheeeeeiiiiitttttt

hell i liked all of them..

i loved watchmen... the ending crushed me.

i recently watched the movie... the movie sucked hard compared to the book... the ending was just not as great...

my favorite line in the book was when Mr. super genius Adrian had already blown up half of NYC and he and Mr. Manhattan had their last conversation;
Jon: "... Yes i understand, without condoning, or condemning. human affairs cannot be my concern. Im leaving this galaxy for one less complicated."
Adrian:"But you'd just regained intrest in human life.."
Jon:"Yes, I have. I think perhaps I'll create some. Good bye Adrian."
Adrian: "Jon wait before you leave, i did the right thing didnt i? it all worked out in the end"
Manhattan: "in the end? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends."

ominous! ******** awesome, and it wasnt in the ******** movie... because they had to ******** it all up... no tentacle monster from space... no story of the missing comic book illustrator... no side stories... no no.. instead they filled it all up with pointless artless action, and sex scenes.  

Jungle Boots
Captain

FrankenFett

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
I have two 3ft long comic boxes sitting next to me, I need a life.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:23 pm
I approve of this extreme nerdiness! Wanna give us an idea of what's in these boxes?  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk
Crew

FrankenFett

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am
Alot of Image (mostly Spawn), some Xmen, Venom, Star Wars, Batman, and some indie comics.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:41 pm
I was on the DC wiki for whatever reason, and apparantly Gotham is supposed to be based in.... New Jersey.

No, really.

Suddenly the world of Batman makes more sense and seems less distant and surreal. Cuz really, where else would you have that many ******** up people in one spot? And explains why Bruce Wayne/Batman is kind of an a*****e. But in a good way.  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk
Crew

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:53 am
Ivan The Surf-Punk
I was on the DC wiki for whatever reason, and apparantly Gotham is supposed to be based in.... New Jersey.

No, really.

Suddenly the world of Batman makes more sense and seems less distant and surreal. Cuz really, where else would you have that many ******** up people in one spot? And explains why Bruce Wayne/Batman is kind of an a*****e. But in a good way.

Wayne State University... Wayne Enterprizes...

the unchangeing aesthetic of urban decay and pre-depression architecture.... art decco... a useless police department... People that aught to be in an assylum wandering the street corners... poverty...

there is no question... its ******** detroit and no wiki will change that.  
Talk About s**t

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff