Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
A new wind blows... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Submit

Would you want to participate in an intriguing and engaging literary RolePlay?
Yes, definitely!
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
I think so, but I would need to know more first.
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Not really my thing, no thanks.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
I don't like RP. Wait, why did I come in here again?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 pm
And I finally got a hold of a scanner! Yeah! So here's the map thus far. There's no labels, no scales, and no legend key, buuuut, it looks purdy! But so you can have an idea, at its longest point (border to border) is about 500 miles.

The picture below is the small version, for the purpose of showing progress. For the original scan, you can click here. (WARNING: Ginormous Image Ahead!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:36 pm
Oooh! Looks spiffy!  

Liada Trovaras

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:53 am
Liada Trovaras Wrote:
Oooh! Looks spiffy!

Many thanks. And with only 11 more entries to make, it shouldn't be long now.

I'm getting all excited. smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:34 pm
I hope I don't cross any boundaries when I offer this but if you want me to touch this map up in photoshop a little or something I'd be happy to do it. PM me if you're interested.  

Liada Trovaras

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 am
Hey-o.

Been a bit since I last put anything big up, I think, but just wanted to let people know I'm still alive. Just been dealing with some general blech-ness, mixed some hackin' und da coughin', and a dash of "is muscus supposed to be that color?"

So yes, I am still working on stuff, as can be seen from the still closed main thread. Other than the items listed on there, I have three or four smaller bits that I need to stick on. With that done, I'll be opening the thread to joining up and discussions.

As to a time frame, I've noticed that this has dragged just a hair more than I had anticipated. And with the holidays coming up, I'm willing to bet that most people aren't going to have a lot of extra time. So I'm thinking that I will be opening the thread up either in the last week of November or the first week of December. Allowing people to poke in if they want, or submit ideas. My idea is to fire off the actual story thread on New Years day. Not that people have to start posting right away, but the availability to do so will be there.

So, if you haven't read over the info that is up now, there's no time like th present. And I promise to redouble my efforts and get all the info that I have in draft form up in a finished state.

See ya!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:34 am
Hello FireSpark, my friend:whee:

I heard something with a bit of creativity might be putting itself together in here. *dances excitedly from toe to toe* I would like to add my name to the list assembled if I may! It has been far to long that we have been without a "spark story" smilies/icon_3nodding.gif  

Katilys Heartsong

5,900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:12 pm
Katilys Heartsong Wrote:
Hello FireSpark, my friend:whee:

I heard something with a bit of creativity might be putting itself together in here. *dances excitedly from toe to toe* I would like to add my name to the list assembled if I may! It has been far to long that we have been without a "spark story" smilies/icon_3nodding.gif

You are more than welcome my friend. I was hoping you would wander by soon. There's another thread lower down here that will soon be the OCC thread for the new RP. Lots of info to soak in. And still more coming. The OOC will be opening for business here in the next couple of weeks, but it's never too soon to start conceptualizing!

Good to see you back.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:13 am
Hoo-boy. My 'Alderre at a Glance' section is getting a little, um, big? Might have to rename it 'Alderre at two Glances and then a bit'.

Go have a looky. See if there's anything you like.

Remember, the OOC thread will be opening within the next 21 days or sooner. Here's hoping I'm ready earlier rather than later!  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 am
Okay, one more thing and then it's bedtime. And while I hate to triple post, this needed to go into its own post. Read on to see why.

I was doing some housekeeping of my Gaia account, tidying up profile entries, updating wishlists, that sort of thing. I then did a run down of the guilds I currently belong to and found one on there I had forgotten about. Almost two years ago, some kid had recruited me to essentially be a manager for the guild he was starting. He'd heard that I was former military, and since the guild he was starting was going to be military based, he wanted my input.

Yes, I'm rambling. But dammit, it's the Geezer guild. It's what we do! Now keep your pants on.

Well the guild never got off the ground. Just me and two guys that didn't seem to the first thing about how a real military works. Which is a problem when you're wanting to make a realistic kind of set-up. So, the reason this matters at all is that in order to manage the guild, I was made vice-captain. Well, I went in this morning and starting poking some buttons, and viola, instant coup d'etat.

So now the really juicy bit. Now that I have a guild to shape as I will, who thinks I should turn it into a Role Playing guild? Heck, it could even be a guild dedicated solely to this roleplay and the world that we end up building with it!

So thoughts? Ideas? Cantalopes?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 am
WOOOO!

An Original Firespark RP Guild!?!? Cantaloupes for sure! (actually I can not stand cantaloupes. . . could it be starfruit?)

BTW I love Alderre, I have so many ideas I printed out your "at a glance" section (3+ pages in a magnifier needed font size smilies/icon_whee.gif) and have started writing out character profiles to help decide which I would enjoy submitting for approval most.

*claps excitedly*  

Katilys Heartsong

5,900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 pm
Dude go for it! It be such a waste of space if that guild was unused so why not use it for this RP? I'm so in!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:41 am
smilies/wahmbulance.gifATTENTION!!smilies/wahmbulance.gif

TO: All persons following this thread and waiting for the RP to begin

RE: OOC thread status

Is now open for business. The bare bones stuff is there world wise. I'll be adding more info soon, namely about creating stuff, but also a bit more world stuff along with a map that actually tells you where everything actually is. (I have one now, but it's just a refernce doc that I threw together in less than five minutes.)

GO THERE NOW!  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm
And now there's an updated map in the main thread, along with a link for anyone to download the uber-sized original image.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:11 pm
Just as a reminder, the OOC thread is now open for business. Anything related to the RP can be discussed over there now, as well as anything that anyone wishes to submit can be posted there.

Right now I'm putting together the story's prologue, and as an additional reminder, that will be going up in the main thread that will open on New Years. Whether it will be here on in my new is yet to be seen.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash