Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
FAQs-(reopened: xxxHOLiC Kei, downloads, etc] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

find this FAQ helpful?
yup! :)
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
no, dammit. ><
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
who cares? -_-;;
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 24

little_kitty_chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:06 am
((moko-chan, i just completely ripped off your subject title and table of contents. forgive me.*bow bow*))

The FAQ Thread
to avoid having "dead-end" threads, im going to do what moko-chan has done for the tsubasa guild: make a FAQ thread.
soo....if you have any questions or anything, this should be the place to ask them. i cant guarentee that we*other people can answer the question besides me, you know! >.<* know all the answers, but better trying than nothing, ne? ^^
soo....
Table of Contents
1st post: Intro
2nd post: General Series Intro
3rd post: Movie
4th post: Anime
5th post: Manga
6th post: Misc.
7th post: The XXXHOLiC Guild
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:37 am
General Series Info
Q:what is "xxxholic"?
A:(note:if you ask that, i have no idea how you possibly joined this guild.)
Kimihiro Watanuki is haunted by ghosts and spirits. due to hitsuzen, he encounters a witch called yuko ichihara, a "wish-granter"(more like a pushy salesperson, but oh well.). she offers to grant his wish of no longer seeing spirits, also that they cease being attracted to him. basially tricked into an agreement that he cant call off, watanuki becomes yuko's, in short words, "slave" until he fully pays off the cost of her services.

thats the general plot.
now for the characters...

~the main cast of xxxholic~

yuko ichihara: a mysterious witch that drinks...alot. she grants wishes...but they come with a price equal to the wish requested.

watanuki kimihiro: a student cursed with spirit vision, forced to work for yuko until his "price" to no longer see spirits and for them to cease being attracted to him. he has a really creepy crush on a fellow schoolmate, himawari, and major issues with another schoolmate, domeki.

mokona modoki: a creepy pork bun-like creature made by yuko and another(clow). it drinks together with yuko, and has the ability to both see spirits and transfer matter/contact the other mokona modoki.

maru-dashi and moru-dashi: children without souls, they cannot leave yuko's shop; their bodies couldnt take it. they have the habit of repeating things other people say.

domeki: hated by watanuki, he can exorise spirits, although he cannot see them. he's in the archery club, and is popular with the girls.

himawari: oblivious(or so it seems) to watanuki's crush on her, she likes odd things. not much is known about her, thoughshe appears frequently throughout the story.

-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

little_kitty_chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:51 am
Movie
Q:.."movie"? ehh?
A: the xxxholic was released along with the tsubasa movie in theatres on august 2005. the xxxholic movie(about 1 hour long), a mid-summer night's dream, and the tsubasa movie(about 1/2 hour long), chronicles of the bird cage land princess, were produced by production IG(not Beetrain), both with their own theme and ending song.

Q: when was it released in japan?
A: the XXXholic movie DVD was released on February 25, 2006.

Q: the site?
A: the offical movie site: holic-tsubasa.com

Q: article, yo?
A:mokona was just so kind to provide us scans from Anime Insider's article on the xxxholic/tsubasa movie. but moko-chan, just like me, found some, er, mistakes that they made..and accidentally upside-downed some pages ....and she lost lost a few pages...but oh well, better some than none, right? ^^
here they are!
1. http://img471.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan12ug.jpg
2. [lost]
3. [lost]
4. http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan42kf.jpg
5. http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan51et.jpg [upside down]
6. http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan68rv.jpg [upside down]

Q: do you have a downloadable version of the movie?
A: credits to chibiyuuto( www.livejournal.com/users/chibiyuuto ) for providing both movies (subbed) from shinsen. you have to get bit torrent first, though.
but if you're not up for that, theres always youtube for both tsubasa and xxxholic movie...

((if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask them. ill add them on when i have time))
-sakura  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:57 am
Anime
Q:since when?
A: on October 2005, the xxxholic TV series was announced.

Q:is there a site?
A:actually, yes.
its http://www.tbs.co.jp/holic

Q:what company?
A: Production I.G. (note: they also did both of the movies!)

Q:when did it premire?
A:april 6th, 2006. it really fits, dont you think? opening on the month of kimi-kuns name/birthday!

Q: Trailers, please!
A: as you wish! youtube has provided the trailer to the anime here.

Q: where can we watch the episodes?
A:
opening theme
ending theme
get the epis from animesuki
or at youtube...
happy downloading!

xxxHOLiC Kei:

Q: what is it?
A: xxxholic kei is the second season of the holic anime. "kei" in japanese means "sucession". according to chibiyuuto, ohkawa suggested the title, as there was an objection of using an english word or "2" in its place. this season will cover at least volume 7-11 of the manga series.

Q: when did it premire, and on what channel?
A: xxxholic kei premired April 3, 2008 on TBS.

Q: how long will the season run?
A: according to animenewsnetwork and amazon.co.jp, the season will be 13 episodes long. this seems to be a final decision.

Q: DVDs?
A: look up the schedules and prices on sites such as amazon.co.jp or yesasia.com.
Volume 1

Release date: June 25.
Running time: 25 minutes.
First edition limitation: Post card, booklet and Drama CD scripted by Nanase Ohkawa.

Volume 2

Release date: July 23.
Running time: 50 minutes.
First edition limitation: Booklet and Drama CD.

Volume 3

Release date: August 20.

Volume 4

Release date: September 24.

Volume 5

Release date: October 22.

Volume 6

Release date: November 26.

Volume 7

Release date: December 17.
First edition limitation: Booklet and Drama CD

Q: official sites?
A: here's TBS\'s official site, along with Production I.G.\'s.

Q: episode downloads/viewing?
A: there are a number of sites of which you may download/view the epis.
viewing:
youtube [nevermind, looks like they've taken all but the spanish subs down]
veoh
crunchyroll
imeem
downloading:
animesuki
isohunt

((other questions will be added when you guys start asking them))
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

little_kitty_chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:15 am
Manga
Q:how many chapters have been released yet? volumes?
A: so far, 157 chapters (13 volumes) have been published.

Q:why's it called "xxxholic"?
A: seriously, i have no idea, but i remember reading this from some other forum a long time ago that xxxholic was titled the way it was because yuko helps the addicted, aka, the -holic. the "xxx" stands for "[blank]", where you insert whatever obsession her customer is dealing with. i'm not sure if thats true, but thats just what i've read. correct me if i'm wrong.

Q: scanlatins/translations, please!
A: raw scans can be found in the rooom of requirement or at be with you scans. scanlations can be found at onemanga.
translations? just go to iamsocool12345, , etc.

Q:bonus comic?
A:theres a dojinshi about series from CLAMP by CLAMP, called "K-dash".
it has a mixture of rayearth, chobits, and ccs in the first comic, and xxxholic and this other manga. its crazy, but fun. check it out at http://fukanounashigoto.free.fr/livejournal/temp/K-dash.zip

Q: bonus anime?
A: CLAMP in Wonderland 2 features xxxHOLiC. watch the clip on youtube, veoh, crunchyroll, imeem, etc.

((due to slow brain process, i cannot think of more questions. so ask your own, and ill update.))
-sakura  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:17 am
Misc.

Q: external links?
A:
Kimihiro.net <--xxxholic fansite
wiki
animenewsnetwork

Q: novels?
A: it has been confirmed that xxxholic's spinoff novel by Nishio Ishin will be published by del rey, and is scheduled to release in 2009.

The novel's title is "XXXHOLiC アナザーホリック ランドルト環エアロゾル" (XXXHOLiC - Another Holic Landolt Ring Aerosol), and the first chapter was published on Kodansha's new magazine "Comic Faust" on June 15th. CLAMP drew the title page for this chapter. the complete novel was released on august 1st in japan.

((if you have any random questions that dont fit into any of the above categories, ill add them here.))
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

little_kitty_chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:18 am
The XXXHOLiC Guild

Q: is there a XXXHOLiC rp?
A: notice that theres not a single thread in our guild labeled "xxxholic RP!". that tells you that no, there is not a XXXHOLiC RP.

((other questions will be added and answered when you ask them))
-sakura  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:49 am
Oooh...so once we get a banner for this guild, will we associate ourselves with the TRC guild and the other CLAMP guildys out there?  

Mercuryangel
Crew

little_kitty_chan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:22 pm
Mercuryangel Wrote:
Oooh...so once we get a banner for this guild, will we associate ourselves with the TRC guild and the other CLAMP guildys out there?

hmmm...i think thats up to moko-chan, y'know? smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif
maybe she'll answer your question....
-sakura  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:26 pm
Mercuryangel Wrote:
*feels all smart and moderator-ish* smilies/icon_xd.gif
Yeah! I'm totally into that! I don't know why the CLAMP-ies haven't banded together before? We'd make a dang deadly alliance if Gaia ever decided to create a battle type thing... man, that'd be fun.
-mokona  

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:37 pm
*double posting*
ahhh... but Sakura-chan! It's now YOUR responsible to update it!! HA! smilies/icon_xd.gif
kimihiro.net is a good one to add. As a general link of doom.
And make note of the anime premire date - the website said April 2006 it would premire... and that's about all the relevant info the webbie had. Mwa ha ha.
-mokona  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:06 am
fine...*goes to update*
on second thought, this might get a bit tiring and annoying...smilies/icon_xp.gif
oh well, im the one who thought this up, so i might as well do what im supposed to do....*sigh*
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

sora...chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:57 pm
yay it opinig!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:24 pm
your spelling, sora-chan, your spelling! *tsk*  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

sora...chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:01 am