[PRP] Repair job... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:24 pm
Cinder pulled the truck up glancing at the paper in her hand before shutting the engine down. "Right this looks like the right place," glancing over Cinder looked to Rhys and Tek, the fiend had found a cranny under the dash to hide under while they drove. "Not sure what to expect...but try not to do anything to destructive."

Cinder didn't really know Zero but Merci knew her, and Dio was close with her fiend. Cinder climbed out of the truck and pulled a heavy duffel bag with the various supplies she'd need with her. Rhys and Tek hopped out of the truck and followed along, Rhys curled his dark blue wings around himself keeping a few steps behind Cinder, Tek darted from one spot to another his tentacles curling against the grass until he darted off to another spot, a trail of shadow stuff followed him for a few moments before dissipating.

Glancing over her shoulder Cinder waited for Rhys and Tek to settle next to her before she knocked on the door of the home.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:39 pm
It wasn't Zero that answered the door.

It was a very large shadow fiend that did, leaning a bit against the doorframe as he studied the three individuals gathered at the front door - his gaze did linger on Tektite for a moment, before he seemed to recognize the younger shadow for what he was. Unlike any other fiend that Cinder or Rhys might have seen, Red Star Ruby was clearly solid, yet did not have legs - he was leaning on his tail, much like a naga - there were even hints of scales along it to strengthen the impression.

'Cinder, wasn't it ? Zero told me you'd be coming.' He glanced back at the clock that hung from the back wall. 'Seems you lot are a little early, we're not quite done yet. We're pulling s**t from the living room so you have space to work.' And by we, it was clear he meant I.

It was only then that he cleared the door to let them enter, careful not to let his rather large spear hit anything on the way, though most of the blades were retracted. Still... Red always found it important to make an impression.. Just in case.

'Shouldn't be too long.' He turned to go back toward the living room, but then stopped suddenly to look back at them. 'There's stuff on the fridge if you two want it.' Model host, thy name was not Red. 'And you... His gaze lingered on Tek for another moment. '...Try not to break anything.' He sounded more amused than actually threatening, his voice having the mischief-ful undertone of we'll do that later.

A Wandering Esper
Crew

Beloved Stargazer

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 am
"That would be me," Cinder nodded slightly setting down the case she was carrying. "If you need any help moving things around - I don't mind helping out."

Rhys followed Cinder in studying the new fiend closely, he'd only seen a handful of the fiends and it still seemed interesting to him how unique each of them looked. Since he really didn't have much to do with the whole thing at the moment he just nodded slightly and attempted to find an inconspicuous place to stand.

Once they entered the house Tek rested near a chair and broke his tail into three tentacles and let them start to stretch out along the floor as if he was searching.

Cinder nodded slightly, "thanks for the offer..." glancing back she grinned slightly hearing the warning, "seems like they know about you here, Tek."

Pulling his tail back into one Tek curled it up under himself pouting, Rhys chuckled slightly moving close to the fiend, "don't want to break other peoples things anyways...they usually want you to pay for them."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm
'There's no need, really' Okay, that was a little cute. No one really offered him help, especially after seeing what he could do.

Red seemed aware he was being watched, but didn't make such a big case out of it. He couldn't especially feel anything wrong about the three of them, so he didn't worry just yet.

'Of course I would know what im talking about.' Red replied as he went back to the living room, letting his mental voice carry over. He'd been much the same, after all. In a way, he still was.

There were very little sound of moving furniture, oddly enough - just 'thuds' as they were let down. It still didn't last long before Red slittered out.

'All ready now.'

A Wandering Esper
Crew

Beloved Stargazer

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm
Cinder shrugged slightly and found a wall to lean against, Cinder and Rhys weren't inclined to go rifling through the fridge and Rhys kept Tek from going fearing that the fiend might short out the refrigerator or something worse.

Tek had thoroughly gone through everything in the area that he could get away with by the time Red called out.

"Alright lets get this done," Cinder glanced over to the two and gestured to a case Rhys had carried in, "don't forget the extra parts."

Without much pomped or trouble the small group made their way into the living room.

Tek slinked along behind the two, moving along the wall and pausing a moment to look at the cleared out space with disappointment at the lack of objects to investigate.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:12 pm
And these was Zero, sitting down on her living room floor. She also wasn't wearing any pants - awkward, but ultimately necessary.

Hopefully the color of her panties wasn't about to be ratted out.

"Hey." She offered as a greeting. "Thanks for coming, seriously - I tried everything else I could think of. Gaia is so backwater sometimes." The cyborg mumbled.

And for once, the cyborg part was actually evident. Zero was nothing but shiny metal from the waist down, uncovered by synthetic skin, or anything of the like. There were a few loose cables there and there, but it seemed to be wanted.

"This motor's busted." She pointed at her left hip. "The other side's starting to stutter from trying to carry all the load, so it might we worth checking it just in case. Left knee's not bending like it should." No wonder she was limping, really. "There's probably more s**t busted up, but I lack the flexibility to check everything out."

Now that this was out of the way, she eyed Rhys and Tek. "Oh, who might you be ?" She'd heard about Cinder coming, but not that she would have company.

Sitting in panties in the middle of her living room in front of what looked like a teenage boy. Classy.

Hopefully this wasn't the closest he had gotten to seeing a woman naked.

Red, apparently, caught that last thought - and laughed.

"I can end you." Was Zero's reply to that, the threat rather hollow indeed.

'Maybe when you can actually walk in a straight line ?' It was a low blow, in theory, but all in jest. This was Zero and Red in their natural habitat.

"Scratch that. Definitively ending you."

'Heh.' Was Red's only retort to that - now he was observing Tek with a certain amount of amusement. The child was definitively looking for something to get into - perhaps standing right there was his spiritual successor in breaking things.

Though, Red wasn't so ready to hang his title yet. Older ? Yes. More mature ? Highly debatable.

A Wandering Esper
Crew

Beloved Stargazer

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 pm
Cinder nodded slightly leaning down to get a better view of the damage to Zero's hip. "The motor itself shouldn't be too hard to replace...but if having part of it busted up is starting to strain the rest of your parts it might become a longer term job." Pausing Cinder glanced to Rhys and then Tek. Tek for his part was showing a good face and although not actually still was staying close to Rhys.

Rhys raised his hand slightly and gave a small wave although somewhat nervous in appearance Zero's lack of pants didn't seem to be the culprit, "I'm Rhys...Cinder's son," son he figured was a good enough descriptor, he took half a step forward before pausing and then gestured to Zero, "if you don't mind - can I take a look? Do you happen to know what model number the motor uses?"
Chuckling slightly Cinder looked to Zero, "I have a few cybernetic parts...but if it comes to anything tricky - Rhys is the one you'd want to have actually doing the fixing up." Rhys just shrugged slightly.

Tek however didn't continue to hold himself in place once Rhys seemed to be moving toward Zero, darting forward the fiend paused just a foot away, I'm Tektite...you appear broken - may I have the broken bits. One of Tek's tentacles snaked out toward a nearby exposed cable.

Rhys frowned and moved forward. "Tek - stop."
A mental sound like pouting was heard but Tek's tentacle curled back up and away from Zero. Rhys attempted an embarressed smile..."sorry..."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:32 am
"Go for it. Im not too sure what it is, im afraid." Zero shook her head. "I've never really needed to do more than small repairs before, so I never really looked." She was knowledgeable when it came to small repair jobs, nothing more than that - and this had proved to be more than a small repair job quickly.

Red's tail gave a sudden twitch - resulting in a very loud thud on the wall - at Tektite's words. He would have none of that, really, at least not as long as the 'broken bits' were still attached to his guardian.

'You don't want them anyway.' Red shrugged. 'They're boring bits. I have something much more interesting here for you to look at.'

He slid his spear off his back, and held it out of the child fiend to have a look at. He certainly could keep the little one busy. 'I have a nice coat too, see ? Do you want to try it ?'

A Wandering Esper
Crew

Beloved Stargazer

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:00 pm
Rhys nodded slightly and moved closer leaning down to look at the barcode on Zero's hip, "not sure the actual numbers are going to be much use but it looks pretty close to the RZ9 series replacements." Frowning Rhys took a small tool from his bag and started scanning over Zero's hip, "we'll need to look over the integrity of the rest of this leg and the other." Not seeming inclined to discuss it to much he continued working down Zero's leg scanning as he goes, occasionally stopping and muttering softly to himself.

Cinder shrugged slightly and glanced over to Zero, "so what exactly did you do to get yourself broken up so badly?"

Tek's tentacles flickered slightly as he glanced back at the open mechanics and Rhys working on them after a moment he pulled his attention back to Red. I don't think they look that boring...

With a few quick movements Tek moved over to the older fiend, I can make things with them! tilting his head Tek drifting up some to look at the jacket, I think I would like to try it! Beaming slightly Tek's three tentacle like tails writhered with excitement.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:05 pm
"It's a long story." Yep, it sounded like one of those cases indeed, just by Zero's tone of voice. "It's also a little hard to explain. I guess the closest would be that I was attacked by an outside source. It nearly cut my throat open and I guess the backlash of energy fried things down there..."

Well, it did explain the scars on her throat, though they looked somewhat old. She'd been stuck this way for quite a bit, by all appearances.

Attention redirection - successful. Red was a... shadow of word - he took off his jacket and offered it to the smaller shadow to try it out. I guess Reyna can't call me Mini-Athan anymore... Tek was even the right colors, kind of !  

A Wandering Esper
Crew

Beloved Stargazer

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:26 pm
Cinder nodded slightly, "sounds like it would do it..." opening the case next to her she took a another long tool with a scanner on it and held it out toward Rhys, "your going to want to check the connections as well."

Rhys nodded and took the tool, "good news, we can fix it...but in addition to a new motor your going to need some repairs done on the supports." Rhys then moved around Zero and started on her other leg a slight frown of concentration on his face, "less work needs to be done on this side but you have damaged at least a few connections."

All three of Tek's eyes widened and the little fiend darted over to dash into the jacket. The jacket predictably was much too large for the small fiend and pooled around him on the floor, and the sleeves swallowed his hands. We are pleased! Tek moved back turning slightly, a light mental giggle of amusement spread to those in the room.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:11 pm
"As long as it can be fixed, really..." She'd find a way to make it up for them. There was no way she could just stay like this. No way ! The idea of being effectively crippled didn't sit well with her. At all. "You just tell me if there's anything I can do for the two of you once im done and good, alright ?"

'Ha, now we're talking.' It was predictably much too big for the child (after all, Red was adult-sized at teen... but even he had to admit it looked good. 'Might want some other color than black for you, through.' As long as he kept the little one amused, really...  

A Wandering Esper
Crew

Beloved Stargazer

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:45 pm
Cinder grinned slightly, "I'll keep that in mind, but lets see about actually getting you patched up before any other sorts of plans are made." From the case that she'd taken the tool from she started taking out a few parts.

Rhys finished the scan on Zero's leg and glanced up toward her, "good news is...it could have been worse. Since we are here working on it, was there an aesthetic damage done to your skin?" Glancing over toward Cinder Rhys nodded slightly giving a brief smile before picking up one of the pieces of machinery she had laid out. He then went about loosening some of the damaged parts in Zero's leg, "this might feel...odd - it shouldn't hurt though, if it starts to hurt let me know." And without bothering to go too much more into it he started to remove the damaged parts of her leg.

Tek dropped to the floor dragging the jacket along with him, now lower he slinked across the ground using the jacket like it was cover pausing to occasionally peer over at the others in the room. We don't mind black at all - what color would you put us in?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:56 pm
"Nah, not really. There wasn't skin on those to begin with." It had... gotten beyond being useful a long time ago, really. "And the rest of me healed along. But scarred like a b***h." Oh, funtimes.

Zero only nodded to Rhys' statement - she really doubted pain would be an issue. It took a lot to truly get to her.

'Hn.' Tek talked in we's - how odd ! 'Dark green, maybe ? No use looking badass if you can barely see it, yeah ?'  

A Wandering Esper
Crew

Beloved Stargazer

Cinderfae

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:10 am
Rhys glanced over looking a touch surprised before shrugging slightly, "we'll shouldn't take more then a few hours to get most of the repairs done. If you decide you do want some aesthetic skin added I'm pretty I have enough packed away that it could be set up." Rhys continued to work and pulled a piece of burnt out motor from Zero's leg before gestured over to Cinder, "comes along with a lot of the stuff Cinder needs but with internal cybernetics only she doesn't need it."

Cinder continued to rest on the case watching the two, she wasn't sure how she felt about the ins and outs of her cybernetics being talked about but at least there wasn't anyone she'd consider worry worthy in the room. "If we go into too much work, some sort of deal as you said before can of course be reached." She didn't want people to get the idea she was running some sort of charity after all...it was all good and well to help out Merci's friend but she'd been cutting deals for too much of her life to keep it up on her own.

Tek paused in his slinking, his little eyes darting over to where the broken bits of machinery were being set by his guardian. We do wonder if it isn't just more bad a** to wear nothing. Pausing Tek turned to peer over at Red, the little shadow really wasn't all that worried with clothing after all he didn't have much to be modest about.  
The Archives :: Old Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff