We are looking for item shop colorists! We've tweaked the item/edits shop information a little bit, in regards to what you are expected to do. This thread will be open all the time for hiring.
- If you have had an item/edits thread previously, you must reapply here, since the expectations now are a little different for item shop colorists. If you are a colorist and you have been cleared to do edits already, you do not need to apply here to open an item shop, nor are you held to the quota that the item shop colorists are expected to maintain. You can simply open items/lineart edits when you wish.
- There are two types of edits you can apply for: item edits, and/or lineart edits. Item edits do not change the existing lineart at all; these edits are done on top of the current lineart, and are for additional items only. Lineart edits are alterations to the actual lineart (expression changes, fur/fluff changes, hair changes, etc.).
- Please be certain you understand your limits when you are applying. Nothing too modern, man-made (beyond native/tribal stuff, which is fine), or too 'extreme' should be done. No floor-length hair, no watches, etc. Also, no three-limbed lions running about, please, or changes to the general pose. These are not gods, these are regulars, and should be treated accordingly.
- If you are chosen, you should complete at least ten orders a month, slots which are available to the general public. You may take more, if you wish. You may set your own pricing and you will retain 100% of whatever you earn. These ten orders can be new orders or they can be 'growing' orders (IE, the SoA grew and requires the edits on the next stage). If you need some months off, that's fine. If you are inactive for several months at a time, however, we will take you off of the list of people allowed to hold an item/edits shop permit and you will be required to reapply.
- Once you finish that quota each month, you may color a single regular adult custom for yourself (or a friend). Once you meet your quota, you are also allowed to do as many edits/items for yourselves or your friends as you wish. You must complete your quota before you can take any of these perks.
- If you are offered an item/edits shop permit, please maintain the same standards you had when you applied initially. If you previously had an item shop permit and were clearly not doing so, we will likely be more hesitant about allowing you to reapply.
- To apply, please fill out the form below and post it here. We would like to see at least two minimal, two moderate, and one complex-edited SoA from you, to get a feel for what you can do. You can do more if you wish. Please only use either your own SoA OR the SoA listed here: X X
- If you are applying for both an item and lineart colorist, you may apply with both types of edits on the same SoA. If we feel that you are only qualified to do one and not the other, we will tell you. If you only wish to do item edits, please only do item edits in your applications.
- Do not post your application, or the SoA you have edited for your application, anywhere but in this thread. Doing so will disqualify you completely from applying.
- Please keep track of the date when you apply. Do not delete any of your applications, unless you are withdrawing your application altogether - we would like to see how you improve!
- You may reapply once a month (if you applied in January, you may add a new application in February). When you reapply, add an entire new application form.
- Please do not ask us for feedback on how you are doing. You may, however, ask anyone else beyond Meep for advice on how to improve.
- We will be checking these threads on a fairly frequent basis and choosing people when we feel like it. We reserve the right to choose no one if no one meets the particular standards we are looking for.
[b]Applying for an item colorist:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Applying for a lineart colorist:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Minimal edits:[/b] [url=]X[/url] [url=]X[/url]
[b]Moderate edits:[/b] [url=]X[/url] [url=]X[/url]
[b]Complex edits:[/b] [url=]X[/url]