Reply The Muslim Guild Of Allah
Why are Muslims not allowed to eat pork? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pms is not reaI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:23 pm
I'm taking an Islam class and this topic came up because a student asked this question. The teacher simply said "Because the Qu'ran says so". And some students argued because it's dirty and stuff like that. But if it's dirty, with all the new technologies of today, you can easily clean. So why not? What's your opinions?

I found this article that maybe gives a better explanation...but still answer the question.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100902/sc_livescience/massextinctionthreatearthonvergeofhugeresetbutton  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:05 am
pms is not reaI
I'm taking an Islam class and this topic came up because a student asked this question. The teacher simply said "Because the Qu'ran says so". And some students argued because it's dirty and stuff like that. But if it's dirty, with all the new technologies of today, you can easily clean. So why not? What's your opinions?

I found this article that maybe gives a better explanation...but still answer the question.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100902/sc_livescience/massextinctionthreatearthonvergeofhugeresetbutton

I know the real reason why we don't eat pork. Not only us muslims dont eat it but theres christians, jews and other religions that dont eat it.

Pig/Swine is a worm itself. God/Allah made them to help us clean the planet. They roll on mud and eats about anything. Snakes bites them and they dont die showing you thats how much filth is in their bodies. Some people still live after that but their would be some problems going on in one's body and not know where's it from. one small pinch of pork contains about 99 billion worms. When i see people eating pork makes me think.
this may sound extremely gross: burning_eyes

Washing up maggets and eat them, eating roaches, rats, number two, puke, spit, licking the ground, drinking someone's urine, etc. thats how it is. one can cook it, you wouldn't be eating it alive. You'll be eating worms/big bacteria just dead bacteria. washing bacteria and eating it. yuck scream

I am a muslim follower of Minister Luis Farrakahn, Elija Mahammed Malcom X, Mahammed Ali  

Reginarosie

Beloved Friend

4,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Reginarosie

Beloved Friend

4,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:22 pm
After thought:

theres no such thing as clean pork. Pork is pork. And would always be pork. Can't turn a horse to a chicken, a fly into bread, a snail into fruit. Non neither. Can't turn pork into anything else. Swine is bacteria. Cooking bacteria and eating it wouldn't make any sense. No matter how good the technology is, pork still would always eat pork. Unless magically you can turn the pork into something else different like an edible plant or healthier meat. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:42 am
What I heard is that pig can be shoot and be killed and it is not forbidden by Islam. Also pork can't eat because Allah said so. Muslim just heard and follow what Allah says no matter what Allah says they follow and follow and keep follow without question.  

Ash Tryan

1,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Fallen Intellect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:41 am
all i know is because pork eats poop.if we eat pork thats mean we eat poop too  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:22 am
LOL! ash, u saying that like u never goes to school..
dun make a statement if urself doesnt even do a research..

ok,for the ts,ima explain some to u..
why islam cant eat pig,cause its "haram"..
why its haram/forbidden(means we commit a sins if we disobey) ?
its not what allah said,its what allah make,the rule of islam !
what for?its for our own goods.
dun give answer because allah said so,thats mean u dun understand n doesnt even do the research..

lets continue, what is for our own good?
well,we can find the answer in both way, religious way,and scientific way..

we start with religious way first..
it was because this kind of animal is dirty,its forbidden to enter heaven,its too filthy,or should i say,its curse,laknatullah..
why we cant touch dirty animal?because it will make us dirty,we nid to make ourself clean everytime,since we dont know when we will die,n we dont want to die dirty..
and why we cant eat it? everything we eat will be us,will go though veins,meat,everywhere in our body,and it will stay like that..since its a dirty animal,we dont want dirty things be blending and be a part of us forever..everything we eat is a part of ourself..
this theory i found from some hadith past year..
its as simple of that..

ok,lets see from the point of "modern believer",from the point of science..
many2 experiment had been done and test, and many2 result they got is all rather shocking the scientist itself,and most of the scientist that done the experiment,is not muslim,and they also eat pig..
try to google if u wan to see urself..
well,many scientist found that in pig,theres alot,rather millions2 of germ,like xcherryseedx said,true,then its eat its own poop,dirty things,everything..
fat,clogged blood,germs,viruses,all this things when its enter our body,it will stay in there,as the hadith say,as the allah told us.
it will be our meat,yes there is a cure for some of the viruses,but what about millions2 other?
scientist also found that deadly disease like JE(japanese encyplitis), swine influenza,CSF,the black disease that kill thousand people in europe in the dark age,also from pig..theres many2 disease that cause from pig,search for it..
so scientist already told us that a pig is not a clean animal to eat,but why they didnt stop it?because the world demand it..

ok,now we know its a dirty things,hadith,allah,even scientist,doctor prove its dirty..
now lets see,the hadith about pig,is being bought to earth,in a land of arab..how,and why arab?
arab land,doesnt have a single pig live there,why and how allah know pig is somewhere else in the world?and why arab?because allah the almighty,allah the wise,He know everything,He know the best for the muslim, and there,at arab land,His prophet born,were there..
and guess what,at that time,the pig is not a food,no one knows how to eat pig,yet the surah already there,told us its haram,do not eat it.
thats mean allah knows everything, allah the almighty,allahuakhbar!

yes,we muslim haram from eating or touching pig..
but! theres some but, islam is not too strict,islam is the way of life..
but,in a certain case,we were able to touch the pig,of course with some cover,glove for example..and IF! if we accidentally touch it without cover, theres some method of cleaning it,according to the way of islam..its not on purpose,so it doesnt count as sins,but it still dirty,so we got way to clean it,flexible right...
and we can eat pig too! yes,u heard me,can,with a certain case..
and if/only if theres nothing left around you but the pig is eadible,eat it only to live,its a desperate way only,only a small portion of amout only to release u from hunger,die..not to eat until u satisfy,that will be a sins..
its a desperate way only,so its still forbidden in other way..

so from this,we can know that islam is the way of life,suitable for any age,dynasty,era..what islam teach us,is the good way of life,everything is told,there must be a reason for that,and if u try hard enough to do research,u will find the truth..theres no "bcoz allah said so" term..there always a reason for that..and i believe everything allah,surah,hadith told me,im a believer,but i juz wanna know why,like u all,thats why i do some research..

do some research,u will be shock to find all the beautiness of islam when u find what u looking for..
last but not least,well,i got carried away on writing here,im apologize,everything is proveable,me also got shock to know the reason,and im glad if this can enlighted u some..
i dun ask u all to believe me,do some research for urself..
everything bad come from me,everythings good is from allah..
i finish my long explanation here,wallahualam..  

mistaan

3,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Shiro Don

Ruthless Bunny

8,350 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:49 pm
I would also usually ask my mum "Why did allah say that?"

My mum would say " We dont have the brain to think that far"

I would say " why?"

My mum would say " If it took us humans thousands of years to make a telescope, what makes you think we can think what god is thinking. If it took us years to end WW2, what makes we humans think theyre powerful?"

I would always think, and then walk away.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 am
good question..
first of all,im not a brilliant,intelligent,genius person..not a su'fi too..
but im hunger for knowledge, to know everything,i will seek for my answer,i will ask guidance from ulama',ustaz,even from whoever i think they know what i want..
no matter what we dont know,we can learn,seek for knowledge,deeper the knowledge,dont worry if we not good in school,we always can learn anything we seek..theres no boundaries of the knowledge in this world,no boundaries on the knowledge allah give us,thats how people develop everything in this world..allah said,see everything around us.why? theres a knowledge everywhere,we just nid to find it..

ok,back to the question,why ur mom said we dont have the brain to think that far?of course,because we dont seek the answer,thats why we think our brain cant think that far..human being is the most,the only creature that is very special created by god in this world,that have the ability to think,the ability to use the brain to think,thats why we are khalifah in this world..
can animal think like us?no,they only can copy what we do,but they doesnt even think like us human,they dont use their brain like us..
the truth is,human knowledge is just like a drop of water in the sea,if compared to allah,the sea is allah knowledge..its too vast,big,no boundaries..
but we can search for that knowledge,thats why the first phase of al-quran get down from allah is iqra'(means reading),it means allah want us to read,to find,to know,to seek knowledge,as far as we can..even rasullullah s.a.w said,seek the knowledge until the end of our life..with knowledge,we muslim can win in everything..
ok,ur mom said it takes human thousand of years only to created telescope,its true..but did u know that human still created it,and yet,still keep our population in this world more than thousand years?why?because we think,thanks to our brain,we still can keep our species alive up until now,and yet able to achieve modern civilization..
the power of brain,of think,is so powerful..
scientist said we only used 3% or 5% of our brain(doesnt remember which one) up until now,yet just see what we achieve with only that small amount of usage?i said allahuakhbar!

ok,it tooks us years to end the WW2,but yet we still end it,right?
this is what people said agenda,the world,the leader got an agenda for the world,that leads towards war,hated,and the last thing is kiamat(judgement day).we cant stop it,it is already written long before this world created..its already told in quran,this kiamat will come..dont blame on brain,why this happen,why we think we powerful enough..

the things is,everything happen with a reason,we just nid to find the reason is,seek for knowledge,find guidance from wise people..
dont just quit,the knowledge is really big,find it..
yes,we cant think like god is thinking,true..
but allah makes everything around us,anything with a reason,everything with a purpose,for us,to think,to seek the knowledge,to see how almighty is allah,how beauty is allah creation,how wise is allah..
ok,i think this is long enough,im gonna stop right here..
remember,no one is stopping u from getting the knowledge,to think far2 away,to think deeper than what u could imagine,just dont quit before u get what u want..wallahualam..  

mistaan

3,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Shiro Don

Ruthless Bunny

8,350 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:33 am
Not just its dirty, It can give you a lot of disease including tapeworms.

And it is the only animal I know that lets their mate to mate with other pigs. You are what you eat xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:09 am
u really getting to understand that now,good..
new info i get is,pig,or wild hog/boar,is origin from the same breed..
it just pig evolve,lose the tusk,lose the dark hair,getting more fatter,and growing shorter snout because they breed in the farm,in the new environment..

basically,they lose tusk because they dont need it anymore to dig for food,or defense from predator,since they been taking care,no nid to afraid on predator anymore..
they getting fatter,bcause they eating mostly everything,and people keep feeding those pig,so they can get fatter meat..
they lose dark hair,cuz they doesnt need camoflouge anymore to get away from predators..
they grew more shorter snout bcause they dont need a longer snout anymore to find underground food anymore..
n one more things,their ears grewing weird,bcause they dont nid the ears anymore to be alert on predator,like in the wild..

1 more things i learn that,when this pig escape from farm and getting back to the wildlife style,they grew their tusk,black fur n longer snout back to adept to wild..

it shows that pig is boar,they just been pampered for meat..
in islam,animal with tusk,fangs,poisons,predator,dangerous,is haram to eat..since pig is from boar,it originally have tusk,poison,predator,harmful,and dangerous,so its another reason why its haram..  

mistaan

3,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Freeny-x

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:42 am
First, becuase its very nasty.. Pigs do disgusting things...
Second, Non-muslims dont say "Bismilla" before cutting the animals and dont treat the animals well.. But us muslims, let the animals free and do whatever let them grow by nature not by giving them anything.. and they also say "Bismilahir rahmanir raheem"

Hope that explained it smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 pm
For a logical and rational explanation swine may be host to a number of parasites and other sickening bacterias. Now while the in Europe where the climate is much colder these parasites develop much harder reason why the Christians tolerate and eat pork. On the other hand in the Middle East where temperatures are much higher these parasites thrive and couple spread disease like wild fire this is why (I think) it was forbidden to eat pork and that nowadays out of respect Jews and Muslims still respect this ban  

Luke of Romania

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Assan al-Hamzah

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:51 am
The symbolism has much to do with it. The pork is considered an animal of filth and should not be eaten. They can carry many parasites which can be quite bothersome and in some unfortunate cases even deadly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:39 am
It is because, in scientific experiment, Porks have a parasite (forgot the name) that CANNOT be killed by a really hot water (except Allah can). and also, if Allah says no, it is NO. Allah will nt make any mistakes and will always make a right decisions.  

Fr8ppe

The Muslim Guild Of Allah

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces