Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

withhope08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:51 pm
I actually have two..(both from NIV)

1 timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

and romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

what are yours?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:01 pm
Well, I have favorite chapters and favorite verses... lots of them, lol!

Psalm 91 and Romans 8 are my favorite chapters.

Quote:
Romans 8:38 - For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

How awesome is that?

As for favorite verses...

Quote:
Psalm 30:5 - For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Quote:
Revelation 2:17 - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

But I think my all-time favorite passage has to be...

Quote:
Revelation 19

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

AbbyGirlForever

JesusFreakGurl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:05 pm
abbygirlforever
But I think my all-time favorite passage has to be...

Quote:
Revelation 19

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Hehe, that's my favorite too!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:06 pm
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:14-16 (NIV)

Aww...shucks...thanks God 4laugh  

Gamja

Death T-2

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:48 pm
I haven't yet found an absolute favourite yet, but I suspect a favoured or a few can be found in Proverbs. For me, at least.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:38 am
It is hard to think of a favorite, but one to say to nonbelievers that we are not perfect is this:
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

And this is a powerful message:
"1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but I have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."
1 Corinthians 13:1-3  

technoyoshi

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:12 pm
Old Testament:

"The Lord has anionted me
to preach good news to the poor-
He has sent me to bind up the
brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor
and the day of vengence of our GOd,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion-
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning
and a garment of prasie
instead of a spirit of despair."
Isaiah 61:1-3

"I delight greatly in the Lord;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of
Salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness."
Isaiah 61:10

New Testament:

"Though I am free and belong to no man,
I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law,) so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
1 Corinthians 9:19-23

"Because those who are lead by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-- heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."
Romans 8:12-17

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all antions, baptizing them in thename of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the every end of the age."
Matthew 28:18-20

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love Each Other."
John 15:16-17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:57 pm
those are all really great wink  

withhope08

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:13 am
Oh I forgot! Its the very First thing God told man to do.... biggrin

"God blessed them and said to them. "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

This is both spiritual and physical. We all know that in the natural realm we desire to be fruitful and multiply. redface It's true otherwise there wouldn't be any other humans. Anyways, Jesus talks about us being fruitful in the Gospel of John, and multipling. This is awesome and Great, did you know that we as Sons and Daughters of the Living God are ment to be rules and have dominon over the Earth?! This is what God is still calling us into being For He NEVER Changes!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:18 pm
Psalms 23:4
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall fear no evil for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.

I found that verse one night several years ago when I was sleeping alone, in the dark (which i was afraid of), and right after my cousin had told me that she saw a ghost in that house. I was so afraid that i picked up my Bible and i somehow found just the right verse to comfort me. its amazing how God is always there for us. biggrin  

Princessofwhatever

William Che King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:21 pm
All of Psalms 143.

1 O LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.

2 Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.

3 The enemy pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in darkness
like those long dead.

4 So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.

5 I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.

6 I spread out my hands to you;
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Selah

7 Answer me quickly, O LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

9 Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
for I hide myself in you.

10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

11 For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:09 pm
mine is proverbs 27:17 (NIV) As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another  

birdman3131

wvgirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:39 pm
mine is a bit odd but i heard it off of an anime and i really liked it.

Revelations 20:4

"I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been gien authority to judge. And i saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not revieved his mark on their foreheads or their hands. Tey came to life and reigned with Crist a thousand years."

i am really Lutheran and i really do believe in Christ i just like dark and holy (some unholy sweatdrop ) stuff. does this make me a bad person?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:28 pm
Mine is Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord my strength, my reedeemer
or something like that....  

Ok-san

kidcomrade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:47 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items